Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A foreign exchange student may be taught to trust a police officer. Coming from a foreign country, they may not understand the difference between a real officer and a fake one. Considering the report that there was a guy in a car flashing id and/or badge stating he's le and trying to lure female students into his car, maybe bc Yingying hadn't been on campus long enough to hear the stories of an imposter trying to lure female students, well maybe he just got away with it with her bc she was naive to the situation. Maybe he was wearing security type clothes, or a police uniform. Maybe he had a badge that looked real.

Noting that when I initially read of this person attempting to lure another female student by passing himself off as a cop or security, I started searching for imposters in that area. When I came back to Websleuths, all of a sudden the targeted ads on this site started showing police uniforms, including badges, shoes, hats, etc - bc I didn't do a private browser search. So this stuff is easy to obtain on the internet for sure.

I imagine in this situation, if she were found, there will be an immense need for psychological counseling. Among other potential reparations.

To zhangs family: As a fellow American , I am completely disgusted by the actions that have taken place against your daughter, the privilege of calling myself an American has dissipated since June 9th, we are not all evil human beings
Don't be too hasty. We do not know if this wasn't a fellow Chinese international student do we? She may very well have known this person. I wouldn't be ashamed of being American (well I'd never be) just yet. I am sorry that her family is having such a horrible experience in our country, however abductions with ill intent happen all over the world. America can be a wonderful place to get an education, the proof is in the large international community that studies here from abroad. Just my very honest opinion.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Guys, I have to stress once again that she received both her bachelor and master degree from two top Chinese universities. She had attained the scholarship to study in the US. She was once offered a chance to further her study in Canada but she rejected it because it was not a full coverage scholarship. She was happy before the kidnapping, at least according to her social media and her family's words. Yes it's possible that she had hidden something from others or had something to be pretty upset about, but she was not broke or failing her exams, or fighting with anyone. Nobody's perfect, but she DOES make her family proud. You can see from the interview that her family(dad, aunt, bf) are gentle, not aggressive people.

I assume the reason for keeping the location of the vehicle secret is because only the perp will be able to state where he left it. I'll be surprised if the vehicle's location doesn't leak out. People see things. People talk. Someone will alert the media either purposefully or inadvertently.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/new...medium=social&utm_source=facebook_WCIA_3_News

"Anyone with information is asked to call authorities. You may also contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate."

I know that it's likely that the above quote was included because she is a citizen of another country. However, the inclusion of that language made me think that perhaps LE is aware of involvement of another non-citizen. If they knew that the perp was US-based, I'm not so sure they would have said that. I think it could go back to the "more to this than meets the eye" sentiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A non-citizen might feel uncomfortable going directly to the FBI.

Heads up - this thread will be closing in about 10 minutes. Start packing up to move over to a new thread shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998