Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought about the car registration. Allison and her roommate were in two businesses together. Both of their vehicles sported a back window decal of one of the businesses. No doubt the vehicles, and their expenses, went through at least one of the businesses. If her business partner was trying to renew or renegotiate insurance on the vehicles, it would probably be pretty important to have the registration with the VIN numbers of both vehicles to do so. So that would be the reason for the text at 1:40pm. Did AC consider it urgent? Probably not or, as the supervisor, she probably would have just gone out to her car then, assuming there were other employees in the shop. But all she would need to do is take a picture of whatever she had in the car and text it to her business partner. So going to the car on "break", without the phone, makes me wonder if that is the reason why she went to her car. And why haven't we heard how long that break was supposed to be?

We know she did not drive directly to the gas station in Wake Forest from the parking lot at RDU. Where did she stop first? Why? Did she go to the house and were either of the other 2 roommates home to know that she did not? I'm going to assume they were not or they would have mentioned that they knew she did not go home at any point. Where do they keep the dogs when they are all at work? Did she stop by the house to see the dogs before heading on her way to somewhere only she knows about?

MOO

I also think it's pretty likely that she stopped at home, based on the timeline. Wonder why, if so, she didn't change out of her work uniform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3:00 pm (Approx.) : Allison clocks out on a break from Starbucks. Heads to car parked in supervisor's lot, Co-worker stated this parking lot is only about 5 min. away.
Who knows what happened in this time, assuming she went straight to her car, she'd be leaving airport, lets just say at 3:10 pm.

She's seen on security camera at a gas station at 4:15 pm. meaning it took her approximately an hour to get to Wake Forest Shell.
It's very possible she stopped along the way, her home would have been in that direction. (37 min.) It is a 14 minute drive from her home to Wake Forest.
Google maps shows Old Falls of Neuse Rd. would have been a possible route, which goes right through Falls Lake Rec. Area.

Allison arrives at 942 Durham Road (Shell station) and is seen inside using the restroom (?) and spending $23 (gas?)

attachment.php

Here is the location of shell and surrounding area

Attachments

• mapmap.jpg
    mapmap.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 332
Is it possible that since this looks like she could've left by choice that LE will stop the investigation?

I doubt that. Unless, contact is made from AC to someone ... Friend, relative, boss, LE. She is missing and needs to be found. Needs to make contact if she is able.

IMO

Just a thought about the car registration. Allison and her roommate were in two businesses together. Both of their vehicles sported a back window decal of one of the businesses. No doubt the vehicles, and their expenses, went through at least one of the businesses. If her business partner was trying to renew or renegotiate insurance on the vehicles, it would probably be pretty important to have the registration with the VIN numbers of both vehicles to do so. So that would be the reason for the text at 1:40pm. Did AC consider it urgent? Probably not or, as the supervisor, she probably would have just gone out to her car then, assuming there were other employees in the shop. But all she would need to do is take a picture of whatever she had in the car and text it to her business partner. So going to the car on "break", without the phone, makes me wonder if that is the reason why she went to her car. And why haven't we heard how long that break was supposed to be?

We know she did not drive directly to the gas station in Wake Forest from the parking lot at RDU. Where did she stop first? Why? Did she go to the house and were either of the other 2 roommates home to know that she did not? I'm going to assume they were not or they would have mentioned that they knew she did not go home at any point. Where do they keep the dogs when they are all at work? Did she stop by the house to see the dogs before heading on her way to somewhere only she knows about?

MOO

bbm I believe I read here at some point that the dogs were kept elsewhere, in some type of kennel set up? Not sure about it, but I think it's quite likely that in the "missing" half an hour she went to see the dogs either at the home or elsewhere, possibly to say Good Bye, even if she only looked at them from afar (through the fence or something) if other people were present and she didn't want to be seen.

I also think it's pretty likely that she stopped at home, based on the timeline. Wonder why, if so, she didn't change out of her work uniform.

I thought that, too, except for one thing. Why would you stop at home, then drive 6 miles and use the restroom at a gas station (yuk) instead of doing what she had to do at home? Other than that, I feel like there was a stop at home. Maybe she stopped there, but had to leave quickly?

It isn't legal in Canada either. Unless your a truck driver or something similar I believe.

It's not in the U.S. either. If she was a manager, she may often full in on short notice possibly. Maybe that's why the shifts were so close.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I just wish we knew some reason why she'd be in Wake Forest in the first place. Maybe LE knows, and they just haven't made it public. I wonder if she's still in Wake Forest, or where she has left off to. I'm sure if she (or culprit) didn't want vehicle noticed they removed the sticker... possibly removed and replaced license plate? I have my old car's license plate in my trunk.. easy to replace. I don't think a lot of cops run random license plates. Any reason she'd be going to Virginia? From Wake Forest looks like it'd be a 2 hour drive.

Is it known whether or not she changed at the station? I saw the picture of her entering the building, but not exiting it and hadn't heard whether or not LE confirmed if she was still in the same clothes.

Another thought ... She may have gotten gas on her hands and simply went to the restroom to wash it off. It could have been paper towels or something from her car in her hand that she was using to wipe her hands before washing them.

It seems most logical to me that she has chosen to disappear. Sorry I don't have a link (I can't remember where I read it) but someone mentioned she was attached to her phone. If that's the case, she would have taken it - even to run out to the car for a quick second. But she didn't take it, so I think it's because she chose to leave it so that she couldn't be tracked.

Another idea is the $23 she spent. I don't know about you, but if I stop the pump it isn't going to be at 23. Maybe it's just me, but ending on an odd number like that would drive me crazy (okay....craziER! haha) But I might put in 23 if that's all my car will take. So I think she filled up her car.

Putting those 2 meager thoughts together with the videos I think she left to get away. Looking through her Instagram account and reading on her photography website, she loves adventure. She isn't going to be intimidated by a road trip - especially if she feels the need to get away from it all.

My prayer is that she decides to return.

Is it known whether or not she changed at the station? I saw the picture of her entering the building, but not exiting it and hadn't heard whether or not LE confirmed if she was still in the same clothes.

From where Allison lives, is that Shell station on the road that she would take to head north to VA or west to NC mountains?

Allison had 3 hours from the time she left the gas station to the time it was reported to RDU police that she was missing. In that time, she could have driven for 3+ hours without anybody looking for her car.

The roommates hired a helicopter to look around Falls Lake so they may be thinking that she's around Falls Lake. I'd be curious as to why they are looking at Falls Lake.

It makes sense to me that she stopped at home on her way to Wake Forest, but she must have been there a very short time since she didn't change her uniform or likely didn't use the bathroom. So, if that was a quick stop, there's still another 20-25 minutes that aren't accounted for.

Also, even though she seemed "normal" at the gas station, we know that regardless of the scenario, she likely had to have had a lot of feelings going on inside of her that weren't evident from her demeanor.

And, of course, this is all said in the hopes that she left voluntarily. The roommates and her coworkers feel strongly that she wouldn't have done this of her own volition.

She entered the store alone and had an opportunity to alert the clerk that she was in danger.

I agree that while abduction seems less likely that it once was there are still too many puzzle pieces that don't add up to even begin to know what happened.

Someone may have been hiding in the car at the Shell station. She may have not appeared distressed because she was instructed not to under threat to herself or a loved one. Someone she knows may have went off the rails and abducted her and she didn't alert anyone because she believes she can help them. Someone could have called her and told her exact instructions to follow under threat of harm. Anything's possible and stranger things have happened.

Does it seem to anyone else that LE is releasing very little information? I know they never share all they know but it just seems like they are keeping information pretty tight lipped for some reason. But maybe I just haven't followed enough cases to know what is normal.

Regarding sunglasses, IMO she is not wearing them... First of all, I've been digging into her social media and one thing I noticed is shes stylish, dresses well and is quite trendy. The only way glasses are a possibility is if they are those tiny mr. bean style rims or maybe small wire "transitions" light reactive ones and that is not really a popular/current shade style with her demographic. I think the darkness in the eye socket area can be explained by looking through old photos, her eyes are very small and very "squinty" by nature. As someone who has small almond eyes I never add dark eye shadow bc it makes them appear smaller and even more deep set. I think her makeup and long dark full lashes are what some think are tiny glasses. Just my opinion... Also, many small biz owners/independent contractors add a wrap or state approved advert to a car for a tax break and/or it offers a tax write off of vehicle costs, mileage, etc. It may explain why the roomie needed her state documents if they are "partners" in these businesses and may be why she would have a vested interest in her registration or whatev... just a thought.

It seems most logical to me that she has chosen to disappear. Sorry I don't have a link (I can't remember where I read it) but someone mentioned she was attached to her phone. If that's the case, she would have taken it - even to run out to the car for a quick second. But she didn't take it, so I think it's because she chose to leave it so that she couldn't be tracked.

Another idea is the $23 she spent. I don't know about you, but if I stop the pump it isn't going to be at 23. Maybe it's just me, but ending on an odd number like that would drive me crazy (okay....craziER! haha) But I might put in 23 if that's all my car will take. So I think she filled up her car.

Putting those 2 meager thoughts together with the videos I think she left to get away. Looking through her Instagram account and reading on her photography website, she loves adventure. She isn't going to be intimidated by a road trip - especially if she feels the need to get away from it all.

My prayer is that she decides to return.

Agree with both of your thoughts. I'm also struck by her leaving her phone, which does seem out of character and like a conscious decision. I hadn't thought about the $23 but that makes sense that she was filling her tank up. She would know, though, the her debit card would be traced. If she left voluntarily, I'm surprised she used her debit card.

And, could she have spent 20-30 minutes quickly grabbing stuff at her house, and not taken the time to use the bathroom or change her clothes? The problem with this idea is that it seems that the roommates would have seen evidence of her having been at the house and having been grabbing stuff from her bedroom and bathroom.

Makes more sense that she wasn't at home long---nobody has reported seeing her car at her home that afternoon--and just grabbed clothes and cash.

Wonder if her camera is at the house. Seems that if she left voluntarily and wasn't coming back, she might have wanted her camera . . .

I am also surprised by how little information has been released. Also, I had read that the roommates rented a helicopter to search the Falls Lake area on Thursday, and there's been nothing in the news about their search.

I thought that, too, except for one thing. Why would you stop at home, then drive 6 miles and use the restroom at a gas station (yuk) instead of doing what she had to do at home? Other than that, I feel like there was a stop at home. Maybe she stopped there, but had to leave quickly?

Hey it happens, sometimes you got to go when you got to go.

Has a map been created showing the store, home and RDU?

She entered the store alone and had an opportunity to alert the clerk that she was in danger.

And a kidnapper just isn't going to let their victim wander into a gas station to use the restroom. Especially an hour after they've been taken.

MOO

I'd like to see the footage from the cameras at the gas station, how fast she's walking, if she seems tense or relaxed, if she glances around/behind her. I know the attendant said she seemed "normal" but I'd like to see for myself - not everyone is good at observations like that and without context it can be hard to pick up on something you aren't looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member