Still Missing CA - Michaela Garecht, 9, Hayward, 19 Nov 1988 *ARREST*

I don't think her friend gave an age. I have seen where they said he was mid 20's but taking an age estimate from a traumatized 8/9 year old child, means he could be anywhere from 18 to 35 IMO.

Loren Herzog fit the physical description, but I would assume all of the suspects they have do as well. The heavy acne and greasy hair point to drug use. The fact that they never got a match for the palm print on the scooter is something that has puzzled me. If it doesn't match any of the suspects, then maybe there was another person in the car?

I have always thought they should check Herzogs wife's prints, because she was defending him like crazy after he confessed to the other murders him and Shermantine did. She seemed to think it was ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The picture of the abductor and herzog match ....The only thing is the acne, herzog never had acne ? Also the witness described as not having seen michaela once she was put in the car , like she was held close to the floor boards...either another person was pinning her down or she was knocked out , shocked or dazed ... In any case the perpetrator was a man with a thin build , tall 6ft , heavily acned with dirty blonde hair and eyes exactly like philip garrido , foxy eyes . I really want this monster caught and executed for this crime.

Its perplexing that they didn't find her at all , no trace of her.....

i know that's they really mean, but it still kinda disturbs me a bit :/ i felt the same way about Tammy/Caledonia Jane doe case too

Every time I watch Drew and Heather in an interview, they look like they're destroyed inside. They're strong, they're trying to keep on keeping on, but it's like rebuilding on Ground Zero. It'll never be the same. And I think that if somebody did it on purpose to destroy them inside, they couldn't have done a better job.

And then I wonder, Is that what somebody did? Is that why?

I'ven been thinking about the acne for a long time . Maybe it wasn't acne. Men who shave off a beard that they've had for a long time will often have multiple red blotches on their skin that somewhat resemble acne.

I don't think we are talking blotches. Sounds more like cystic acne.

Maybe it was acne. I thought I read somewhere that Michaela's friend who witnessed the abduction described the kidnapper as being nineteen years old. I'll try to find where I read that.

but Micheala's friend was young-how would she know the exact age?

:bump:

28 years later and Michaela is still missing. :(

Her mom's blog:

http://www.dearmichaela.com/2016/11/missing-michaela.html

This morning marks 28 years since Michaela was kidnapped. It is 8:00 a.m., a little over two hours before that awful event. It is a safe time to travel back to. I think about life 28 years ago at this moment, when life was still perfect, when Michaela was still a happy, innocent child.

If anyone hasn't been reading the blog entries, you should! Sharon revealed some tidbits recently that I hadn't heard before. She said the abductors car did not start the first time he tried to start it (with Michaela already inside the car). She also said he didn't seem to have it well planned out because he drove around the back of the building and exited the parking lot and had to drive back around in front of the market again, giving everyone a second look at the vehicle. She also laid out the top theories and suspects.

The picture of the abductor and herzog match ....The only thing is the acne, herzog never had acne ? Also the witness described as not having seen michaela once she was put in the car , like she was held close to the floor boards...either another person was pinning her down or she was knocked out , shocked or dazed ... In any case the perpetrator was a man with a thin build , tall 6ft , heavily acned with dirty blonde hair and eyes exactly like philip garrido , foxy eyes . I really want this monster caught and executed for this crime.

Its perplexing that they didn't find her at all , no trace of her.....

Herzog had slight acne scars in some of his photos. Doing meth will give you severe acne. I have always wondered about Herzog wife, "sugar" Herzog. She defended him to a point after his confession, that she was attacking the victims. I always wondered if she was in the back seat, and if it's her that made the palm print on the scooter?
She wouldn't be the first woman to go along With her husbands killings.

Great interview Adam, thank you! I've never seen your site before but it has a lot of great content.

I'm very curious about the lead suspect that Sharon mentions whose name has not been revealed to the public by the investigator. After 27 years, doesn't he think it's time to reveal some more information and get this cased solved?! What good is it doing to keep the name and/or details about this person a secret? The answer is that it is doing no good. There has been zero movement in her case. Why NOT take a chance and release some info and plead to the public? Otherwise the info is sitting on a box on a shelf somewhere doing absolutely nothing.

Sadly the lead investigator has retired. The new investigation is supposed to look into this now cold case. It's really sad that this solvable case, with thousands of leads, has been sadly mishandled by the Hayward PD and the FBI just doesn't care.
I wish there was a loud push to get these investigators the time and resources they need to solve this case.

Anyone who would snatch a child in the morning of a busy parking lot, has either done this before or will do it again. I believe that if you solve this case, many more will be solved as well.

I agree Leprikawn. The method used of snatch and grab was very bold, like you say, in the morning and in a busy parking lot. The only thing I've picked up on that does not point to a seasoned vet is that his car did not start the first time and he took a strange route out of the lot. Sharon said that he went all the way around the back of the building, exited, then had to drive in front of the market again on the main road. That part doesn't sound like a seasoned pro.

@@screenshot.gif

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/michaela-joy-garecht

Maybe the abductor drove around the building like that because he intended to get the other little girl, Trina I believe, as well as Michaela. Maybe he planned to get them both.

It's possible, but I think it was more of a lack of planning on his part. He took an exit out of the parking lot that required him to then drive around the front of the building again on another road.

This is one of those cases that is SO frustrating and the lack of movement by police is discouraging.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back