AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe, 15 Jun 2013 - #8

New poster here with nothing to add other than I've read through all 8 of these case threads regarding AS over the past week and feel the need to bump it. She was such a lovely girl and it's a shame that there hasn't been any justice for her.

Welcome Deluy :)

:welcome5::

Yes it is awful that her killer(s) has not been identified or apprehended.

Who killed Adrienne?

I was waiting to post on Adrienne's thread to commemorate the anniversary of her murder in hopes there would be a new article to share, but I was unable to find anything from yesterday. So, now I'm a day late :( I still think about Adrienne often and hope someone or something helps move this case towards a resolution soon.

Thinking of you Adrienne~
How long will this go unsolved?

It really upsets me that Adrienne's killer still hasn't been brought to justice. Someone knows something, I pray that Adrienne's loved ones get the answers they are looking for.

Thinking of you, sweet girl. May you be at peace.

I saw another thread with a case being compared to Adrienne's , can anyone point me in right direction? Can not remember name at all.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

On the road, just left Tempe to bring something to an ASU student.

I thought of Adrienne and decided to check this thread to see if there was any head way in finding her killer.

Sad to see that the case hasn't moved forward and no one has been brought to justice yet for her death.

My prayers are still with her family.

I read everything I could about this case when it was hot. My gut says: It was someone at the party, one of last hangers-on. Everyone's passed out or left or outside havin' a smoke, she was leaving to go meet the cab, "Hey I can give you a ride down the block to the cab." and that's it. She got in his car, it was almost 5am on a Sunday, the US 60 is right there, take that east to Idaho Rd... She got in a car with someone who she didn't really know. After the crazy night she had her judgment would have been off. Couple blocks to meet the cab but "hey, I can just give you a ride to where you're going, where is it?" I've been to 1000 parties (many in that area) and that's how it usually is, couple of hangers-on still up, talking, maybe looking for some action, or that lone creepy guy (we used to call the Dahmers) no one really knows who they are / he is- friend of a friend, maybe some dude(s) walking and saw a party going on and slipped in for a few free drinks or whatever. That's just my gut. Popped on to see if there's been any movement on this. Happened a few miles from here. Bugs the hell outta me.

Hello. I'm new to WS but followed the AS case intensely as it happened. At the time I lived a block away from where she lived and was taken. I'm extremely familiar with that area and as a young woman living alone, I was pretty terrified. There is a community FB group for that area where many locals chimed in with their theories and the one I felt was most compelling involved a 21 year old peeping tom/intruder.

He had been caught impersonating an officer in 2013 to gain access to hotel rooms in Gilbert...and a few months later in March 2014, he broke into a young woman's home and woke up to him touching her in bed.
http://www.azfamily.com/story/28379...ind-intruder-touching-her-police-seek-suspect
http://www.azfamily.com/story/28387144/sexual-assault-suspect-arrested-in-tempe
http://www.cbs5az.com/story/26598967/sex-abuse-suspect-i-was-playing-out-sexual-fantasy

Around this time there were many local reports of a man peering into windows past midnight (made by women who were coming home from local bars or work, it's a college town) who would claim to be "a security guard" but would never have ID and would disappear if you threatened to call the police. This was talked about for months on the FB group. The comments section of this article shines a light on some of the drama in the area around this. http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...tempe-police-arrest-groping-suspect/16081335/

Two women who had this experience worked at a popular restaurant on the same corner as the AM/PM Adrienne was supposed to meet the taxi at. The streets she would have been walking down are extremely dark at night and it would not be difficult for someone to sit in their car and stalk someone but that's just my theory.

So anyways, they ended up catching this person and he's on probation currently.
https://www.policearrests.com/arrests/nathan_daniel_whipple_id_35136037.html
He also lived in Gilbert or Mesa which is a straight shot on the 60 to Tempe where he stalked or AJ where AS was found. What concerns me is that he was obviously mobile, bold and stalked women in AS's neighborhood. Not to mention he's 6'3" and 380lbs and could easily overpower most women.

My friend reported this theory to the lead detective but never heard anything back but like most police departments are incentivized to focus on DUI/Drug ca$es. I believe he may have gotten some copies of some police reports that I can ask for if that would be helpful?

I'm sorry if I'm violating any rules, please let me know if I am and I will edit my post. I tried to follow them as I understood them.

Wow that is some great information Daath. I also followed this case very closely and came back to the thread after I was reading about a recent disappearance of a young woman named Toni Anderson, but this occurred in Kansas MO. Just sounds a little similar.

Bryan Patrick Miller apparently is a suspect but I think by now they would have been able to test his DNA with what was found at the scene.

My first post on this site, so I may need some counseling on the rules, but I do know a little about this case that I'd heard secondhand at the time (late 2013). I'll follow up today with the cop gossip to see if there's anything new. If I recall correctly, they never located her head, and I remember a former cop (who was not involved in the case) was pretty sure it was the work of a killer, while at least one other person suggested animals could have done it.

I remember the cop convinced that the killer decapitated her thought Miller should be the prime suspect. He was angry telling me this, saying that someone who could cut off a woman's head wouldn't just do it once.

Wow, my connection to the department had no updates over the last few years. I discussed some details of the autopsy with a current homicide detective (another agency, who'd never heard of this case) and he said it absolutely sounded like a decapitation. Added it was extraordinarily unlikely a wild animal would have done that. If Millet had nothing to do with this, it's hard to believe someone who could do that to this girl is walking among us.

I would have to agree with said cop's opinion on the behavior patterns. I'm hoping this was the same cop I spoke to.

Don't write him off.

Hi Tar Man,

I see you are a verified journalist in AZ...I'm sad to see there has been no recent news in Adrienne's case...do you by chance have any input? I'd be interested to hear your comments and any input, tia. Her case has obviously gone STONE COLD. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back