Found Deceased PA - Four young men, 18-22, missing, Bucks Co., 5-9 July 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of O/T but what exactly is "township"..I see this word alot in PA threads, the news, etc..is it a small town, suburb of a larger city, or a rural area? TIA

It's how we break up our counties... For example you have counties, then the counties are broken up into townships/hamlets/boroughs/cities.... I live in PA and I can't explain it. Usually though townships are our suburbs or rural areas. But there are usually multiple towns in a township. :tantrum: No seriously I butchered that but I tried, hope that helps a little.

I wonder if JTP is what started the entire event. Maybe the others went in search of him? Or he was totally unrelated to the others. But, we see there are 4 MP cases so tht cannot be correct. Thank goodness a presser. Thanks inmyhumbleopinion

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We have Townships in New Jersey. I live in a Township. In that township, there are many little towns that form the Township. My town's mailing address is the township, but I use the little town name instead, everyone does. There can be many Townships within a County. many Counties within a State.

I tried too and looks like I butchered it.

A township is a large incorporated (usually more open space) vs. a boro(ugh) with tends to be more like a "town" or village. I.E you have Doylestown Township with it's own LE and Govt vs. Doylestown Boro which is much smaller but it's where all the business, shops, restaurants are.

photos:

59639498ce719.image.jpg

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_1de694e8-6576-11e7-97df-7bed9da8df3d.html

The fact that Jimi Patrick disappeared two days before the others worries me greatly.

Kind of O/T but what exactly is "township"..I see this word alot in PA threads, the news, etc..is it a small town, suburb of a larger city, or a rural area? TIA
In PA, think of "City" as big city, "Borough" as small town, and "Township" as suburban/ex-urban/rural areas surrounding the cities and boroughs (although little truly rural pertaining to this thread). It is often confusing because a township and a borough within the township often have the same name (i.e. Newtown Borough vs Newtown Township or Doylestown Borough vs. Doylestown Township) and someone could easily refer to either one just by the single name (i.e. "Newtown" or "Doylestown"). The boroughs and their surrounding townships have totally separate governments and police/fire and are separate legal entities despite the same names.

No new news really since he "can't comment" on pretty much anything.

He also said he was going to "dispel rumors" and "separate fact from fiction" and he never commented on that either.

hope we get an update that they are found soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next briefing 3:30, no comments on search areas, FBI involved, he didn't seem very happy about being asked if he thought they were still alive

I didn't hear any new info in the presser except that they are working with the FBI and it's a criminal investigation. He refused to comment on if there was any evidence of foul play. All the men are considered missing.

Search continues for 4 missing young men in Bucks County, 2 cars found
http://www.fox29.com/news/local-news/266882008-story

"Investigators say they have received information that all four young men know each other, but it is unclear if there is any other connection.

Pennsylvania State Police conducted a search at a seemingly abandoned home along Aquetong Road in Solebury Township Sunday evening, where they located a vehicle belonging to one of the teens in a garage.

FOX 29's Steve Keeley reports a car belonging to Mark Sturgis was found in a Peddler's Village parking lot Monday morning.

Investigators are also looking to acquire cell phone records from the young men, while monitoring for credit and debit card use by each of the teens."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects