Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell dead at 52 (wrongful death charges against Dr. Robert Koblin) 2017

It appears that Chris was funding many different ventures for her family, and they were not paying off. Plus he was paying for housing, travel, etc. for her entire family. Their children's foundation was a few years behind on taxes and apparently they only actually paid about $16K to actually help kids. There was a huge mismanagement of funds there. He had stated in interview that she handled all of the finances. I'm sure that is why she pushed him to constantly work. It seems she was spending as fast as he was making it.

It appears that Chris was funding many different ventures for her family, and they were not paying off. Plus he was paying for housing, travel, etc. for her entire family. Their children's foundation was a few years behind on taxes and apparently they only actually paid about $16K to actually help kids. There was a huge mismanagement of funds there. He had stated in interview that she handled all of the finances. I'm sure that is why she pushed him to constantly work. It seems she was spending as fast as he was making it.

I think from what i read about CC he didn't mind his partner managing him. If she was blowing through his money like there was no tommorrow she will definitely need to pull the reins in on herself now unless there is a lot of money stashed in an account somewhere. As his widow and mother of his children she will need to do something to generate an income if there is very little or no more money coming in to take care of herself and the children.
I'm not sure if CC was playing a lot of shows prior to the one just before his death? They would of been getting an income from somewhere. I read somewhere CC was financially worth around $60 million.
If that's true is it all gone?

(quote)

Chris Cornell of Soundgarden fame, died on Wednesday while on tour and fans are looking for answers. Surprised by the news, many want to know about Chris Cornell‘s cause of death. The famous singer’s net worth is estimated to be $60.0 million. To more details about his assets, take a look at our story on Chris Cornell’s net worth.
Chris Cornell’s Early Life

Born Christopher John Boyle on July 20, 1964 in Seattle, Washington, he was one of six siblings and came from an Irish Catholic family. After his parents divorced, he and his siblings adopted their mother’s maiden name, Cornell. His father, Ed Boyle, was a pharmacist and his mother, Karen Cornell, was an accountant. With feelings of depression, Chris dropped out of school by the age of 15 and began to play music to support his family
https://www.earnthenecklace.com/chris-cornell-net-worth-much-worth-died/

I feel bad for a lot of those surviving Seattle bands who are still out there touring trying to make a living on a genre that thrived in the 90s but has lost a lot of stream since then.

The business has changed immensely in the past few decades - before the Millennium an artist could count on both royalties from album sales, money from touring and other miscellaneous income.

However, Napster and file sharing really impacted how we consume music and led to strong decline of music sales and subsequently means less income for the musician. If someone wants an artist's new album, they don't necessarily have to spend $20 on the CD anymore. If they want to hear that new song on a soundtrack, they don't have to buy it. They want that hard to find import CD with 1 new track on it, no need to buy that either. It can all be pirated.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure with the right management many notable artists from the last few decades have done well for themselves...but the key there is the right management. That means saving money and wise financial choices. Of course having good financial guidance could soften the blow of 90s (and prior) artists making less money from album sales and a decline in touring, either due to age or less of a demand.

I don't know if we'll ever truly know how his finances were, but even high earners can mismanage money and certainly that can lead to personal turmoil.

I feel bad for a lot of those surviving Seattle bands who are still out there touring trying to make a living on a genre that thrived in the 90s but has lost a lot of stream since then
The business has changed immensely in the past few decades - before the Millennium an artist could count on both royalties from album sales, money from touring and other miscellaneous income.

However, Napster and file sharing really impacted how we consume music and led to strong decline of music sales and subsequently means less income for the musician. If someone wants an artist's new album, they don't necessarily have to spend $20 on the CD anymore. If they want to hear that new song on a soundtrack, they don't have to buy it. They want that hard to find import CD with 1 new track on it, no need to buy that either. It can all be pirated.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure with the right management many notable artists from the last few decades have done well for themselves...but the key there is the right management. That means saving money and wise financial choices. Of course having good financial guidance could soften the blow of 90s (and prior) artists making less money from album sales and a decline in touring, either due to age or less of a demand.

I don't know if we'll ever truly know how his finances were, but even high earners can mismanage money and certainly that can lead to personal turmoil.

You are right. I think that was part of the problem. He had said he didn't even want to do this tour. Just by watching the last few shows, the band seemed disinterested, and the poor man looked tired.

Warning -- The pictures of the scene are so sad and depressing. There was a lot more blood than I imagined. Why was he prescribed Prednisone? Prednisone makes me a very anxious and emotional.

Chris Cornell
Suicide Scene Revealed in Police Photos

Warning: Graphic Photos
http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/11/chris-cornell-death-police-release-hotel-room-photos/?ref=yfp

There were 3 prescription bottles -- prednisone (anti-inflammatory), omeprazole (antacid) and lorazepam (anti-anxiety).

mess. I don't like taking Prednisone for many reasons; one being that it makes me instantly diabetic. No wonder he was taking Ativan.

I haven't listened to the 911 call yet. I'm not sure I can handle it right now.

Chris Cornell 911 Call
'Guest Attempting to Hang Himself'
http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/11/chris-cornell-911-call-suicide/

On the just-released call you can hear an MGM Grand Detroit employee tell the dispatcher staffers had been unable to give Chris CPR...

Thankyou Tippy Lynn for your kind words. I miss my beautiful girl everyday, apart from being my precious daughter she was also my best friend.

I can't image. If there was something I could say or do to take your pain away I would.

Reading the PR was hard, but the pictures just about did me in.
Nothing makes sense, and I doubt it ever will.

Listening to TotD right now.

Say hello 2 heaven, Chris.

RIP. Still can't believe he's gone. The pictures were hard to look at as well. :(

I was surprised to see the blood spray on the tub. What would that be from?

My suspicion about what happened was he and his wife got into an argument that night over the phone. Horrible things were said in the heat of the moment, and he killed himself.

I was surprised to see the blood spray on the tub. What would that be from?

My suspicion about what happened was he and his wife got into an argument that night over the phone. Horrible things were said in the heat of the moment, and he killed himself.

My "non-medical professional" guess is that the blood spray might have happened when medics tried to do CPR or something similar. Ugh. Those photos. The whole thing breaks my heart. [emoji26]

[emoji202]MOO

I also wanted to say that i know about addiction because my daughter died 5 yrs. ago from hers. Addiction sucks and it's a never ending daily battle.

I have my own battles with the disease and have lost friends and family to theirs; the victims of addiction include far more than just the addict. I agree — it is a never ending daily struggle.

I admire and respect your openness about your daughter's struggle. (((hug))) Thank you. ❤️

[emoji202]MOO

My condolences to everyone who loved Chris and his music. I loved his voice - THE VOICE!!

Needless to say, this was shocking news when I first heard and it hurt ... so much loss, so much pain.

I would like to ask - and I see someone mentioned it above - I read somewhere ( I think it was at heavy.com ) that he was found with "blood pouring out of his mouth" or something to that effect.

Blood pouring out of his mouth seemed odd to me ???

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017...de-how-did-he-die-soundgarden-audioslave-age/

I have my own battles with the disease and have lost friends and family to theirs; the victims of addiction include far more than just the addict. I agree — it is a never ending daily struggle.

I admire and respect your openness about your daughter's struggle. (((hug))) Thank you. ❤️

[emoji202]MOO

I am so sorry to hear that and that you are also struggling. And thankyou also for your kind words. I send good thoughts and prayers out to you that you find strengths within you that you didn't know you had and will pray for your healing, and ((((hug)))) to you too,:heart:

The thing is though..... according to the tox report, Chris was clean when he died.

I have thought that maybe he was slipping back into addiction and lost hope. Idk. This is so confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is though..... according to the tox report, Chris was clean when he died.

Define "clean," please. If you mean "not using heroin," you're correct. But he had a potent (though nonlethal) cocktail of something like 7 drugs in his system when he committed suicide.

[emoji202]MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back