Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this helps. I've tried to circle where I see YY. Is BC wearing a hoodie? He looks like he is either looking over at the back seat or at YY. I can't tell.
c78b991b882fe7da601cb9be4396c1d0.jpeg

7cfe62fc8f876fd7c2a6a12ff99f30a6.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I enlarged it here http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170719/fcfe049aec5344e7b6b6a6f55f4a6359.jpg
I enlarged your 2nd photo here http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170719/7cfe62fc8f876fd7c2a6a12ff99f30a6.jpeg
this the earlier (or later image)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119278&d=1498939602
I dont know how to get them all side by side though

I was thinking along these lines too, but I have to admit I'm having trouble believing that she got in, he put his foot on the gas, "drops" his phone, asks her to pick it up, her complying, and him finding a way to incapacitate her all in.. what was it? 9 seconds? The quick timing is key here, IMO.

I don't think he used trickery to subdue her, I think as soon as she got in the car and the door closed he felt like he won, and he wasn't going to wait much longer to ensure he could have his "prize". MOO

I'm also having trouble subscribing to the idea he put the passenger side seat down when she got in, although perhaps that would be what caused her to panic. I just don't think that would accomplish his mission to have her out of sight, as she could have sat up, reached the back door (possibly) from laying back etc.

iMO she was rendered unconscious very very very quickly. :(

Ikr? I was just trying to think of "natural" explanations for why a passenger might not be visible in the passenger seat (And I have not super scrutinized the stills, bc obvi the pic quality leaves that open to multiple interpretations, but from just looking several times at them, true enough you don't see a passenger where I'd expect to see one [or part of one].) and considered bending over to see (mapquest?) on her phone, digging something out of her backpack, or a ruse. A ruse actually doesn't seem that unlikely to me - most people rotely obey requests like that, and he didn't need to actually drop the phone (or wallet, or whatever), he just needed her to bend forward for a minute. Because I don't think he could drive (in a normal manner) while incapacitating/controlling her, so I also think it had to happen very quickly, which would explain the seeming absence of a passenger. But I am not at all wed to the ruse theory. Just a possibility. I can barely drive well with someone yakking at me from passenger seat much less drive well while performing martial arts/holding a gun on/stun gunning a young, strong, person I just kidnapped who could have grabbed the steering wheel, hit my face, honked the horn, etc. So either he kept up a pretense until he got to a secluded parking lot or something, then punched her (or ..)or he had to immediately eithin seconds zap her in some way.

ETA: I guess I just mean I don't buy that she was conscious *and* realized he meant her harm for any period of the drive bc I think she would have gone for control while his attention had to stay focused on the road to some extent. Even handcuffed, she would have been fighting with her feet and arms imho. That all would have been too risky for him I think.

The thing I keep thinking is however he incapacitated her, it had to be something that was immediate. I don't necessarily think he immediately did it once she got it, but once he did it I would think it would have to be pretty immediate that she is unconscious. YZ is going to fight back from all that has been said about her by family. She was not going to allow him to hit her, hold her down, etc and just comply unless he had a weapon on her. I doubt he wanted to be driving around drawing extra attention w a struggle going on in the car, plus it isn't exactly easy I would assume to fight someone while you drive. He either did a forceful blow when she wasn't expecting it or he had a weapon to threaten her with so she complied. I am sure at some point YZ put up one heck of a fight. I have a feeling all BC's cleaning efforts were not enough either. He thought he was smart, but I think his own arrogance will be his undoing.

Yes, agree 100%... very familiar with 'Pareidolia'... and that was really my point; that I'm not convinced people aren't seeing what they are pre-disposed to see, which is why some of the photo interpretations are in direct contradiction to one another -- BUT still, someone may have nailed it! I just don't know, but as you imply LE probably does know!

Now, a question for MrsObrien (or anyone else who searched the Fetlife site): I realize you probably didn’t read a lot of the posts for great detail, but did you happen to notice if any of the “fantasies” involved the use of a stun-gun/taser, or is there any way to search the site for those terms?

I never saw any reference to such in the Abduction group. I did see references to modes of incapacitation, BUT (this is important! ), there was never a suggestion of doing actual harm. Remember, the emphasis stayed on safety and consent. The (consenting) "victim" would allow themselves to be physically overpowered in most scenarios I read. The suggestions of anything more than hand to hand were not well received due to safety concerns. I didn't see any mention of tazers or stun guns or weapons at all really. Chloroform/ether was mentioned, but the consensus was that it's too dangerous for real, best to just pretend.

The thing I keep thinking is however he incapacitated her, it had to be something that was immediate. I don't necessarily think he immediately did it once she got it, but once he did it I would think it would have to be pretty immediate that she is unconscious. YZ is going to fight back from all that has been said about her by family. She was not going to allow him to hit her, hold her down, etc and just comply unless he had a weapon on her. I doubt he wanted to be driving around drawing extra attention w a struggle going on in the car, plus it isn't exactly easy I would assume to fight someone while you drive. He either did a forceful blow when she wasn't expecting it or he had a weapon to threaten her with so she complied. I am sure at some point YZ put up one heck of a fight. I have a feeling all BC's cleaning efforts were not enough either. He thought he was smart, but I think his own arrogance will be his undoing.

We saw in the march video how he's completely comfortable with putting his hands on a woman, he seemed to gravitate to that woman's neck and shoulder area. We know he's fine with threats.
I think he could have forcibly pushed/held Yingying with his right hand and threatened her to be still. Imo, that may have been enough to get out of camera range.

He was in wrestling in high school. Wonder if he could have used some sort of sleeper hold with his right hand

I used to play fight with a wrestler in high school. This is anecdotal of course, but I lost everything single time, no matter what I did! I don't know how his moves would have worked in an enclosed vehicle though.

Now, a question for MrsObrien (or anyone else who searched the Fetlife site): I realize you probably didn’t read a lot of the posts for great detail, but did you happen to notice if any of the “fantasies” involved the use of a stun-gun/taser, or is there any way to search the site for those terms?

There is a group for Taser-Play, however, it only has 13 members, 2 posts, and only 1 of them received a response. Not much.

I don't know if this helps. I've tried to circle where I see YY. Is BC wearing a hoodie? He looks like he is either looking over at the back seat or at YY. I can't tell.
c78b991b882fe7da601cb9be4396c1d0.jpeg

7cfe62fc8f876fd7c2a6a12ff99f30a6.jpeg

MAISIEBELLE THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !! When I was young, Highlights magazine used to have a puzzle
called Spot the Differences.. One of my favorites since I was 8 years old! It was always two pictures that, upon first glance, would look identical. The goal was to study the pictures and circle the subtle differences....
Now, years later (many years) it has finally caught on for adults: Only A Genius Can Spot The Difference In These Images
http://memes.com/only-a-genius-can-spot-the-difference-in-these-images.
MAISIEBELLE you are a genius! . "Now you see it, now you don't" is a fact, not suggestive imagery....However, the 2 pictures are stills of a progressive event...is the movement of the car enough to distort the image? It sure looks as if she is no longer visible sitting up right, to me.

The part that people think is the leaned back seat, I actually just think is BC's seat.

I think EITHER or BOTH:
1) YZ leaned down to fix something in her backpack, so you can't see her in the frame (I often arrange my bag when I get into a car)
and/or
2) the passenger side seat doesn't have a headrest. looking at the earlier frames of the video before YZ gets in the car I think this may be the case.
If you see the image below, where I would expect the passenger headrest to be, you can see through to the grass. Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 1.50.48 AM.png

It seems June 9th might be the quietest day of the year on the UICU campus. A lot of people away on brief interim vacations or longer summer vacations. Lots of empty places, empty spaces. If YY was secreted away at such a place, BC might be forced to abandon her once he and his car are identified. If BC told LE he brought YY to his apt, LE hasn't revealed any details, maybe because there are none.

MAISIEBELLE THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !! When I was young, Highlights magazine used to have a puzzle
called Spot the Differences.. One of my favorites since I was 8 years old! It was always two pictures that, upon first glance, would look identical. The goal was to study the pictures and circle the subtle differences....
Now, years later (many years) it has finally caught on for adults: Only A Genius Can Spot The Difference In These Images
http://memes.com/only-a-genius-can-spot-the-difference-in-these-images.
MAISIEBELLE you are a genius! . "Now you see it, now you don't" is a fact, not suggestive imagery....However, the 2 pictures are stills of a progressive event...is the movement of the car enough to distort the image? It sure looks as if she is no longer visible sitting up right, to me.

I love spot the difference!!! I used to do them as a child too! I am a genius? Ok I will take that! :)

This is an early interview from a source I wouldn't normally trust
i note that when she first enters the car and sits down, she seems to disappear, but its clearly an optical illusion.
I have been wondering where I might locate missing persons list from this geographical area?
He made it seem so simple and his alleged searching and identifying of other potential victims, on the march makes me wonder why he was so confident.
also strange is his initial interview with FBI when he allegedly stated he had been playing video games all day, something very easy to verify..
This link includes a v short interview with fBI (apologies if its a duplicate)
https://www.thesun.co.uk/video/news...ed-with-kidnapping-26-year-old-yingying-zhan/

I am swinging wildly between the theory that his fetlife interests was a cover for something far more sinister and that it meant nothing at all, a mere choice, an exploration.
I have no conclusion or evidence of either yet. Still much work to do researching this, searching, searching.
But all of that may be nothing.
I was reading this, just now and it mentions some of his research, something un explored as a possible motive for why he took her. Others may have far better understanding than I.. its a major longshot, like all my speculations to date
http://www.ibtimes.com/who-brendt-c...idnapping-missing-university-illinois-2560207.
My questioning is around whether he wanted her dead or alive, which was of more value to him?
Why?
Another question is what would have been the optimal route from where he picked her up to her destination , duration of journey, had it been completed and whether there were many cctv cameras on that route?

People in the fetlife community are aware that individuals try to play the part when their real motive is actually abuse. That's why there is heavy emphasis on consent, etc.

I've thought for awhile that he is a narcissist, sociopath or both. The unfortunate fact is that some people in the fetlife community cannot suss out the respectful partners from the posers and it would not surprise me if someone like Brendt preyed on those people - selling himself as some great catch and they ended up with a different basket of goods if they actually bought his s***.

I see zero respect for his partners - from the public flaunting of his open marriage on dating apps to the information contained in his fetlife profile. MOO is that his activities with people he met will probably show a pattern.

Edited to add: what I find most interesting is just how low his EQ is - his dating profiles are terrible for actually winning dates, his fetlife profile is not going to attract many willing partners, and he always just looks and seems creepy. It's like he hasn't even fully figured out how to mimic social cues properly, much less actually act like a normal human.

I am swinging wildly between the theory that his fetlife interests was a cover for something far more sinister and that it meant nothing at all, a mere choice, an exploration.
I have no conclusion or evidence of either yet. Still much work to do researching this, searching, searching.
But all of that may be nothing.
I was reading this, just now and it mentions some of his research, something un explored as a possible motive for why he took her. Others may have far better understanding than I.. its a major longshot, like all my speculations to date
http://www.ibtimes.com/who-brendt-c...idnapping-missing-university-illinois-2560207.
My questioning is around whether he wanted her dead or alive, which was of more value to him?
Why?
Another question is what would have been the optimal route from where he picked her up to her destination , duration of journey, had it been completed and whether there were many cctv cameras on that route?

Thank you for the link to the news story KITTYTHEHARE. THEKARMABUS told us many new outlets did not get the facts straight when reporting her loved ones murder. Example:
A criminal complaint against Christensen filed in federal court on Friday claimed that a voice recording was found (???) where the man could be heard saying how he kidnapped Zhang and kept her against her will. He was under surveillance Thursday after the recording was found??? and the FBI also found that he owned a car exactly like the one Zhang was last seen boarding. “Based on this, and other facts uncovered during the investigation of this matter, law enforcement agents believe that Ms. Zhang is no longer alive,” the statement from the U.S. attorney's office and FBI said, referring to the recording and the other details discovered about Christensen.
http://www.ibtimes.com/who-brendt-c...idnapping-missing-university-illinois-2560207
I know the story "kinda" reads like the others....but NEVER have I read a "recording was found" or that he was "under surveillance after the recording was found."
Now of course, I am wondering if the FBI needed a 2nd search warrant to enter his apartment, while he was at the march, OR they got permission from a person on the lease to search again? How can any search , no matter how thorough find everything hidden in a residence. Just asked Hubs to show me how big/small the memory disc/card is in his camera. One inch square and less than 3/8ths inch thick. Hmmm, wouldn't that be amazing if the FBI found "additional confirming evidence" heretofore undiscovered, while he was at the march. Or a roommate found info and turned it over to the FBI? Just wondered if anyone had entertained that possibility. too?

Thank you for the link to the news story KITTYTHEHARE. THEKARMABUS told us many new outlets did not get the facts straight when reporting her loved ones murder. Example:
A criminal complaint against Christensen filed in federal court on Friday claimed that a voice recording was found (???) where the man could be heard saying how he kidnapped Zhang and kept her against her will. He was under surveillance Thursday after the recording was found??? and the FBI also found that he owned a car exactly like the one Zhang was last seen boarding. “Based on this, and other facts uncovered during the investigation of this matter, law enforcement agents believe that Ms. Zhang is no longer alive,” the statement from the U.S. attorney's office and FBI said, referring to the recording and the other details discovered about Christensen.
http://www.ibtimes.com/who-brendt-c...idnapping-missing-university-illinois-2560207
I know the story "kinda" reads like the others....but NEVER have I read a "recording was found" or that he was "under surveillance after the recording was found."
Now of course, I am wondering if the FBI needed a 2nd search warrant to enter his apartment, while he was at the march, OR they got permission from a person on the lease to search again? How can any search , no matter how thorough find everything hidden in a residence. Just asked Hubs to show me how big/small the memory disc/card is in his camera. One inch square and less than 3/8ths inch thick. Hmmm, wouldn't that be amazing if the FBI found "additional confirming evidence" heretofore undiscovered, while he was at the march. Or a roommate found info and turned it over to the FBI? Just wondered if anyone had entertained that possibility. too?

That was an early article, I was searching through earliest reports in the hope of finding something useful.
Are the warrant(s) public?
There could well contain interesting information if so..
I'll have a look .
Should be no reason to seal them at this stage, or is there?
Sorry in the affi, https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3883458/Brendt-Christensen-affidavit.txt

20. Concurrent to this interview, agents spoke with the other occupant of the
residence, who provided written consent for the search and seizure of items from the
residence. Numerous electronic items were collected, including several computers and
a cellular telephone belonging to CHRISTENSEN (hereinafter referred to as
all of which are means, facilities, and instrumentalities of Interstate
Commerce.

21. On June 15, 2017, agents sought and obtained a federal search warrant in
the US. District Court for the Central District of Illinois for the SUBJECT PHONE.
see 22 and 23 as well
25. Beginning on or about June 16, 2017, law enforcement conducted
continuous surveillance on CHRISTENSEN and monitored his activities.
26. On June 29, 2017, CHRISTENSEN was captured on audio recording while
under law enforcement surveillance explaining how he kidnapped YZ. CHRISTENSEN
stated that he brought Y.Z. back to his apartment, and otherwise held her in his
apartment against her will. As of June 30, 2017, Y.Z. remains missing. Based on this, and
other facts uncovered during the investigation of this matter, law enforcement does not
believe YZ. is still alive.

heres the link to photo in 504
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119278&d=1498939602
Chrome browser, I should have said.
I dont see anything either and I should be seeing 2 figures and not just 1 and thats what we're exploring..

I used a magnifier on my desktop and zoomed in and i see a persons face in the passengers backseat area. I tried to make it big and circle the area in what appears to be a female a sleep not alert at all..look behind his head to the passenger backseat you can see the skin on her face.. I will try to attach the image i see and if im wrong please tell me.jmo
attachment.php

Attachments

• capture1.jpg
    capture1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 308
I used a magnifier on my desktop and zoomed in and i see a persons face in the passengers backseat area. I tried to make it big and circle the area in what appears to be a female a sleep not alert at all..look behind his head to the passenger backseat you can see the skin on her face.. I will try to attach the image i see and if im wrong please tell me.jmo
attachment.php
I enlarged it again by 175% http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120281&stc=1 and I think I see what you're seeing.. looks almost as though the person is wearing sunglasses? I see the white that could be a face okay.. Thanks!

I too see someone sitting upright in the backseat passenger area. To me it appears the person is sitting in almost an exaggerated upright position as if trying to stay away from the back of the front passenger seat. To me I can see where the eyes and nose are on the face and even the hairline where it meets the top of the forehead and down the sides of a round face. To me it appears the eyes are wide open as if this person is shocked at what's happening. I seen and wrote about this a couple days ago. I'm glad someone else is seeing it too. An accomplice? Or a submissive being forced to witness the abduction and incapacitation of YZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288