MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it usual for an officer to be on a squad car with a gun in his lap???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^^ THIS ^^

And I am not LE not am I privy to their procedures. Just doesn't seem right in a code 4 situation.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm oldie---age wise--and I agree policemen have changed alot since I was young....I was recently pulled over in Iowa City, Iowa...The reason--I had changed lanes twice on a 2 lane street..Used my turn signals and was not speeding. It was 8 AM.. The cop who stopped me was an offensive *******..Acted like a Nazi..I was scared to death and I was doing the YES SIRS and NO SIRS..I didn't get real mouthy but I did ask him why I was pulled over..His Response--You did 2 lane changes..And I said yes but I signaled...I got no warning and no ticket..I was on my way to see my Rheumatologist--As Mr Nice Guy was leaving I got a spasm in my right hand--I have arthritis and a neuropathy.. Mr Policeman said---If you are getting such bad Handcramps--maybe you should go to the docter by ambulance..Really ??? I think he had GRIPE NUTS for breakfast.

That or someone pee'd in his wheaties.

I'm oldie---age wise--and I agree policemen have changed alot since I was young....I was recently pulled over in Iowa City, Iowa...The reason--I had changed lanes twice on a 2 lane street..Used my turn signals and was not speeding. It was 8 AM.. The cop who stopped me was an offensive *******..Acted like a Nazi..I was scared to death and I was doing the YES SIRS and NO SIRS..I didn't get real mouthy but I did ask him why I was pulled over..His Response--You did 2 lane changes..And I said yes but I signaled...I got no warning and no ticket..I was on my way to see my Rheumatologist--As Mr Nice Guy was leaving I got a spasm in my right hand--I have arthritis and a neuropathy.. Mr Policeman said---If you are getting such bad Handcramps--maybe you should go to the docter by ambulance..Really ??? I think he had GRIPE NUTS for breakfast.

This is just the first article I pulled up... it is from Nov 2016. Btw it says in 2014 there were 16 ambush killings. This is something LE has to consider when they respond to a call, come upon a scene or pull someone over. jmo
Ambush-style killings of police up 167% this year

In all, there have now been 40 officers shot and killed in ambushes since 2014, said Steve Groeninger, spokesperson for the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, which tracks police fatalities.

Your article was written in 2016 but uses 2014 stats.
When I googled, Fox News came up first and I went with it, I guess Fox News is wrong.

I noticed two of your ambushes may be listed as mass killings rather than ambushes, (although, technically, I think most mass killings could be classified as ambushes), in your link, two men shot a total of 20 cops, killing 8.

"On July 7, Afghan War veteran Micah Xavier killed 5 officers and injured 9 more after ambushing police in Dallas.

On July 17, Gavin Eugene Long, who had an interest in black separatist issues, shot six officers, three of whom died, in Baton Rouge."

Your numbers are from 2014, I wish they broke it down by incidents, this one has a link to the 2015 NLEOMF numbers.

"Nationally, police shooting deaths are down 16% this year, compared with the same period last year, according to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. There have been 26 firearms-related deaths this year, including two in training accidents, and 31 in 2014. Traffic accidents -- followed by shootings -- are the leading cause of police deaths."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2015/09/04/us/us-police-feel-under-siege/index.html

neighbors having loud outdoor sex in their yard or hottub or garage? I bet they feel foolish and embarrassed if they came forward. eeks.

or the rapist/attacker? or john? or secret lover of a neighbor?

you know it is very sad...some people that hear this would shut their window/door and just go about their business...think nothing of it...but Justine thought that someone was maybe in a bad situation and did the right thing and for that look what happened.

exactly, it's horrible and I bet others are taking note it's NOT safe to call the police or approach/wave down a police car now when you need one.
this whole situation is fubar.

the community stories of friends and neighbors including those she reached at the Lake Harriet Spiritual Center are nothing but such wonderful stories about how she touched them. Her mother had an awful death which really was tough for her and her dad in Australia just looked so despondent to say nothing of the fiance. They were such a well matched and happy looking couple with a wonderful future.

not sure he "whipped it out" I believe according to latest report he had it in his lap...why? Because he felt an ambush coming on?

If he was scared enough to have his gun in his lap he should of had on the cam!

If he was scared enough to have his gun in his lap he should of had on the cam!

that is exactly right...no matter what happens here I expect Mr. Noor will not longer be in law enforcement...the bigger question is will he be held accountable.

I'm leaning towards both cops were rookies (inexperienced, failed to follow protocol and the shooter was on edge, too jumpy possibly suffering from a form of PTSD, and needs to find a new line of work.)
Unless, other evidence is available it does sound like a horrific "accident" due to gross misconduct and negligence/incompetence.
Unless, we find out some hidden agenda or other evidence.

okay I hope they are wrong...but my experience is within 12-24 hours our media is reporting the same...and with this guy I think this is all possible.

They are irresistible with their printed gossip and they often have the best photos.
The thing about printing heresay, if it's true they get the first scoop, if it's wrong no one cares because it's the Daily Mail and expectations are low for accuracy.

^^ THIS ^^

And I am not LE not am I privy to their procedures. Just doesn't seem right in a code 4 situation.

If also seems very, very wrong to shoot a gun from inside the car, across your partner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm leaning towards both cops were rookies (inexperienced, failed to follow protocol and the shooter was on edge, too jumpy possibly suffering from a form of PTSD, and needs to find a new line of work.)
Unless, other evidence is available it does sound like a horrific "accident" due to gross misconduct and negligence/incompetence.
Unless, we find out some hidden agenda or other evidence.
I see what you are saying. I've posted before that I truly feel there is nothing about this relating to gender, culture, religion, etc. Guess what? Crappy things happen because humans are involved. I do IMO think he needs to be held accountable. A horrific accident? Probably. But he is still responsibile. I'm going off my gut instinct that what we've been told is mostly true.

If we find out he held strange hatred towards women or victims of rape, posted MRA stuff online, or was hired on a contract hit... otherwise it sounds like a horrific and tragic accident but he should still be held accountable for manslaughter.

http://kstp.com/news/911-transcripts-justine-damond/4546802/?cat=1

( Sent from KSTP )

"According to the*incident detail report*, also released Wednesday, the officers who responded to the scene, Matthew Harrity and Mohamed Noor, called in a Code 4 status -- meaning that no assistance was needed and the situation was under control -- at 11:39:34, indicating they were leaving the scene.

Almost two minutes later, at 11:41:24, the incident report shows, EMS and fire were dispatched and the incident was updated to a shooting. At 11:41:46, the report indicates reads "one down ... starting CPR." At 11:49:52, the incident report reads "PD have been doing CPR for last four minutes."

So....code 4 and leaving to shooting and CPR in 2 minutes. What happened?!?!

Pretty clearly she got shot during those 2 minutes.Now it sounds like she got shot as she was approaching the car.

i doubt he saw what happened as I understand it he came by on his bike after the shooting.

I already posted the link saying the cops saw him riding his bike right before the shooting.

the guy on the bike could have been one half of the couple she heard and called about. He could be absolutely clueless that what he was watching was a result of something he did. If there was a couple out there they should come forward...but really what difference does it make...it is really not about them at this point.

The guy is described as riding his bike in the area right before the shooting, then he stopped on the scene and watched after the shooting. Sure doesn't sound like he was clueless to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304