GUILTY PA - Four Young Men killed, 18-22, Bucks Co., 5-9 July 2017 #8 *arrests*

More detail regarding the earlier gun charge...

"Police needed a mental-health worker from Doylestown’s Lenape Valley Foundation to testify about DiNardo’s involuntary commitment, Harran said. But the worker refused to testify, citing concerns over patients’ health privacy, Harran said, and the judge dismissed the charge."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/c...lso-banned-from-holy-ghost-prep-20170719.html

I'm not sure that they couldn't have forced the issue. As per HHS.gov (https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-profe...close-to-law-enforcement-officials/index.html

The Privacy Rule is balanced to protect an individual’s privacy while allowing important law enforcement functions to continue. The Rule permits covered entities to disclose protected health information (PHI) to law enforcement officials, without the individual’s written authorization, under specific circumstances summarized below. For a complete understanding of the conditions and requirements for these disclosures, please review the exact regulatory text at the citations provided. Disclosures for law enforcement purposes are permitted as follows:

• To comply with a court order or court-ordered warrant, a subpoena or summons issued by a judicial officer, or a grand jury subpoena. The Rule recognizes that the legal process in obtaining a court order and the secrecy of the grand jury process provides protections for the individual’s private information (45 CFR 164.512(f)(1)(ii)(A)-(B)).
  • To respond to an administrative request, such as an administrative subpoena or investigative demand or other written request from a law enforcement official. Because an administrative request may be made without judicial involvement, the Rule requires all administrative requests to include or be accompanied by a written statement that the information requested is relevant and material, specific and limited in scope, and de-identified information cannot be used (45 CFR 164.512(f)(1)(ii)(C)).
  • To respond to a request for PHI for purposes of identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person; but the covered entity must limit disclosures of PHI to name and address, date and place of birth, social security number, ABO blood type and rh factor, type of injury, date and time of treatment, date and time of death, and a description of distinguishing physical characteristics. Other information related to the individual’s DNA, dental records, body fluid or tissue typing, samples, or analysis cannot be disclosed under this provision, but may be disclosed in response to a court order, warrant, or written administrative request (45 CFR 164.512(f)(2)).

More on HIPPA rules here: "Guidelines for Releasing Patient Information to Law Enforcement" (http://www.aha.org/content/00-10/guidelinesreleasinginfo.pdf)

There were so many red flags and opportunities for intervention at multiple levels (home/parents, school, police, psychiatric care)....What good are laws around mental illness and possession of guns if the process to monitor and enforce fails?

NOT THE MAYOR
NOT LAW ENFORCEMENT

"the charge was dismissed because paperwork submitted in the case lacked a necessary
DOCTOR'S SIGNATURE, confirming DiNardo was involuntarily committed under section 302 of the state's Mental Health Procedures Act"

http://www.theintell.com/news/local...-53fb-901b-c519793fe053.html?hp=top-mainstory

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Numerous off-topic posts have been removed. This thread isnot about whether or not you agree with hunting.

Please stay on-topic.

:tyou:

More detail regarding the earlier gun charge...

"Police needed a mental-health worker from Doylestown’s Lenape Valley Foundation to testify about DiNardo’s involuntary commitment, Harran said. But the worker refused to testify, citing concerns over patients’ health privacy, Harran said, and the judge dismissed the charge."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/c...lso-banned-from-holy-ghost-prep-20170719.html

I'm not sure that they couldn't have forced the issue. As per HHS.gov (https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-profe...close-to-law-enforcement-officials/index.html

The Privacy Rule is balanced to protect an individual’s privacy while allowing important law enforcement functions to continue. The Rule permits covered entities to disclose protected health information (PHI) to law enforcement officials, without the individual’s written authorization, under specific circumstances summarized below. For a complete understanding of the conditions and requirements for these disclosures, please review the exact regulatory text at the citations provided. Disclosures for law enforcement purposes are permitted as follows:

• To comply with a court order or court-ordered warrant, a subpoena or summons issued by a judicial officer, or a grand jury subpoena. The Rule recognizes that the legal process in obtaining a court order and the secrecy of the grand jury process provides protections for the individual’s private information (45 CFR 164.512(f)(1)(ii)(A)-(B)).
  • To respond to an administrative request, such as an administrative subpoena or investigative demand or other written request from a law enforcement official. Because an administrative request may be made without judicial involvement, the Rule requires all administrative requests to include or be accompanied by a written statement that the information requested is relevant and material, specific and limited in scope, and de-identified information cannot be used (45 CFR 164.512(f)(1)(ii)(C)).
  • To respond to a request for PHI for purposes of identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person; but the covered entity must limit disclosures of PHI to name and address, date and place of birth, social security number, ABO blood type and rh factor, type of injury, date and time of treatment, date and time of death, and a description of distinguishing physical characteristics. Other information related to the individual’s DNA, dental records, body fluid or tissue typing, samples, or analysis cannot be disclosed under this provision, but may be disclosed in response to a court order, warrant, or written administrative request (45 CFR 164.512(f)(2)).

More on HIPPA rules here: "Guidelines for Releasing Patient Information to Law Enforcement" (http://www.aha.org/content/00-10/guidelinesreleasinginfo.pdf)

There were so many red flags and opportunities for intervention at multiple levels (home/parents, school, police, psychiatric care)....What good are laws around mental illness and possession of guns if the process to monitor and enforce fails?

I have followed a previous Trial where the perpetrator's previous medical records of treatment for mental illness were not admissable during the trial.

Banned from high school
Banned from college campus
30 run ins with police
Stalking girls on SM
Civil lawsuit against him for hitting someone with car

Pretty clear the story about the ATV accident causing him to go off deep end is complete B.S. and should be put to bed

Most of the run in were traffic violations and dui according to something in the MSM from someone who posted earlier, thread 6.

Everyone knows he's always been nutty, was bullied as a kid, looks like he tried to buy Friends, but he definitely got worse after the accident. It will all come out in a trial. I think there will be one. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So here is a article that gives two pieces of info not seen by me untill now.

It says Solebury Police chief says Dinardo was unknown to them untill July of last year when they were called to Aquetong Rd for a verbal dispute between him and his mom. Maybe 302 happened sometime after that .. possible felt threatened by him?

Next ... in May 2016, Solebury police responded to a medical emergency on that sprawling tract. Cosmo DiNardo had been injured in an ATV accident, Bellizzie said, and DiNardo believed he may have suffered a broken ankle. Police, EMS, and fire personnel responded, transporting DiNardo down a steep hill and to a hospital.

http://www.philly.com/archive/erin_...nardo-claims-did-he-kill-before-20170718.html

So in May he has ATV accident and then in July same year he is fighting with his mom on the same propety and police have to be called. No where in the polices statment does it say he sustained a head injury. Just more pieces to the puzzle.

Nothing adds up.

I don't think the police would be giving out details of his medical condition. But all will be revealed....head injuries aren't always obvious.

So does that mean that CD was not confirmed to be mentally ill?

No, it means they couldn't release the info publicly in a police report. He definitely was hospitalized, twice, but they question was whether he went voluntarily. Once the charge was more serious, connection to possible murders, they went ahead. I bet that doctor or nurse is kicking themselves that they didn't take the information that he wasrandomly firing a shotgun in the air to try to get him back in.

No, it means they couldn't release the info publicly in a police report. He definitely was hospitalized, twice, but they question was whether he went voluntarily. Once the charge was more serious, connection to possible murders, they went ahead. I bet that doctor or nurse is kicking themselves that they didn't take the information that he wasrandomly firing a shotgun in the air to try to get him back in.

It stated that the paperwork couldn't be accepted because it lacked a necessary
DOCTOR'S SIGNATURE, confirming DiNardo was involuntarily committed under section 302 of the state's Mental Health Procedures Act".

What's surprises me is the simple fact LE didn't realize a DR can't comment on ones health records for fear of violating HIPPA laws...The whole case was centered around him being mentally unfit ,which would prevent him from carrying a gun..

"Cosmo DiNardo, the 20-year-old Bensalem native who confessed Thursday to killing four young men in Bucks County drug deals gone bad, was mostly a no-show on the township Drug and Alcohol Advisory Board to which he was appointed.
(....)
"Township Solicitor Joseph Pizzo said Wednesday that appointments to the board came after either an informal application by the individual or Bensalem’s longtime Mayor Joseph DiGirolamo reaching out to someone whom he believed was interested in volunteering. Pizzo said the township is always looking for board volunteers. He said he did not know exactly how DiNardo’s appointment had occurred.
(...)
"Many in Bensalem knew the DiGirolamos and the DiNardos were friends, she said."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/crime/cosmo-dinardo-no-show-on-bensalem-drug-board-20170719.html

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is everipedia.com considered MSM? And can someone else's profile be shown if it contains something re: CD?

NOT THE MAYOR
NOT LAW ENFORCEMENT

"the charge was dismissed because paperwork submitted in the case lacked a necessary
DOCTOR'S SIGNATURE, confirming DiNardo was involuntarily committed under section 302 of the state's Mental Health Procedures Act"

http://www.theintell.com/news/local...-53fb-901b-c519793fe053.html?hp=top-mainstory

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I've always been told that's pretty common. Someone else preps most paperwork and sometimes it gets shifted to the "signed" pile by mistake.

I was once charged for a specific exam component that never happened. When I got to the bottom of it, the office admitted that they prep invoices before the visit and the doctor planned this bit, but didn't get around to it.

I wouldn't read too much into this.

I've always been told that's pretty common. Someone else preps most paperwork and sometimes it gets shifted to the "signed" pile by mistake.

I was once charged for a specific exam component that never happened. When I got to the bottom of it, the office admitted that they prep invoices before the visit and the doctor planned this bit, but didn't get around to it.

I wouldn't read too much into this.

I have been following along on this case from the beginning. My heart breaks for the families and friends who lost their loved ones. I live 10-15 mins from area and it has our community devastated.

If I could Just add a comment in regarding the lack of a Dr signature on the necessary 302 paperwork. Yes, I have seen it happen before. I have worked/work in psych facilities in Philly, Montgomery and Bucks County.

A Dr has a max time of 2 hrs to evaluate person that is believed to need inpatient psychiatric care. i have seen sometimes an upwards of 20-30 people in a crisis center (both voluntary and involuntary) and it can get super busy. The dr most likely didn't walk in to evaluate the person with a 302 (if we think about that, there is a section where family member, cop, therapist writes statement of what is going on with person. The person could and very well may try to grab it and rip it up bc they are angry for being potentially 302). A 302 is on paper so it is in a different room then where evaluations are done. (Also, I can only speak for where I have worked.)

If a Dr had 3 people sitting in crisis center on a 302 and a max time of 2 hrs, he/she could inadvertently have forgotten to sign the section stating he feels the person needs inpt treatment.

I have seen cases thrown out bc of discrepancies in 302. I am not saying by any means it is ok or correct, but rather it happens. Hope this makes sense and helps.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back