Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell dead at 52 (wrongful death charges against Dr. Robert Koblin) 2017

There was a prescription bottle for Prednisone found in the room. I'm interested in that. Was Chris not feeling well? I'm not sure it showed up in the tox report tho'. Not a peep about that drug from his wife, so I don't know.

Prednisone can make someone agitated and doctors always advise to not suddenly stop taking it, but to taper off in lower doses. I wonder why he was prescribed Prednisone. Anyways --

Michigan's Wayne County Medical Examiner released the autopsy and toxicology report in the death of Chris Cornell Friday, with the coroner confirming that the manner of death was suicide and that "drugs did not contribute to the cause of death."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/chris-cornell-autopsy-and-toxicology-report-released-w484309

Yes, there's a mixture of drugs here, but nothing hard-core that screams he was back into doing drugs and addicted. So far, only his wife has alluded to that, but I wish his band members would talk about what they think was going on with Chris.

"The drugs found in Cornell's system were "butalbital, lorazepam, pseudoephedrine and its metabolite norpseudoephedrine, caffeine, and naloxone." The caffeine came from No-Doz tablets the singer ingested prior to his death, while the pseudoephedrine was employed as a decongestant.

Other prescription drugs included the sedative Butalbital, Narcan ("a narcotic antagonist") and four doses of Lorazepam, which is known as the anxiety medication Ativan.

The Cornell family has previously blamed the rare side effects of Ativan – which includes suicidal thoughts – for catalyzing the singer's death. However, the medical examiner noted that while the 200 ng/mL level of Ativan in Cornell's blood was well higher than the average 30-50 ng/mL dosage, it was also lower than the 300 ng/mL Ativan blood levels of those whose death are tied to the drug."

JMO

Soooo is that blood in the bathroom doorway in the above posted link's photos of the scene?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My "non-medical professional" guess is that the blood spray might have happened when medics tried to do CPR or something similar. Ugh. Those photos. The whole thing breaks my heart. [emoji26]

[emoji202]MOO

Do you mean chest compressions with his face facing the tub? That makes sense.

Wow, read the comments under the article. Apparently, I'm not the only one that doesn't like the effects of Prednisone. That's a strong dose of Ativan too.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/11/chris-cornell-death-police-release-hotel-room-photos/?ref=yf

There were 3 prescription bottles -- prednisone (anti-inflammatory), omeprazole (antacid) and lorazepam (anti-anxiety).

Prednisone 20 mg. take twice a day for ten days/no refills.

Ativan 2 mg. take one every 12 hrs.

Chris had access to a bottle of Ativan. The bottle is sitting right there on his desk. Why then did Martin Kristen enter Chris's room at 11:30 (?) to give him "2 Ativan pills"?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4523770/What-happened-inexplicable-Chris-Cornell-s-wife-breaks-silence-revewife-breaks-silence-xxxx-kills-self-says-d-taken-extra-ati-slurring.html

Do you mean chest compressions with his face facing the tub? That makes sense.

Yep. Exactly. Especially once they removed the band from his neck. (God, typing that is just ... ugh [emoji853])

[emoji202]MOO

Chris had access to a bottle of Ativan. The bottle is sitting right there on his desk. Why then did Martin Kristen enter Chris's room at 11:30 (?) to give him "2 Ativan pills"?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4523770/What-happened-inexplicable-Chris-Cornell-s-wife-breaks-silence-revewife-breaks-silence-xxxx-kills-self-says-d-taken-extra-ati-slurring.html

One, I don't trust Daily Mail. It's sort of like the New York Post of across-the-pond tabloid fare.

That said, if it's true, it appears he was abusing the Ativan, and perhaps his "handlers" were enabling him, imo. [emoji19][emoji35]

[emoji202]MOO

One, I don't trust Daily Mail. It's sort of like the New York Post of across-the-pond tabloid fare.

That said, if it's true, it appears he was abusing the Ativan, and perhaps his "handlers" were enabling him, imo. [emoji19][emoji35]

[emoji202]MOO

My bad, sorry. I mistakenly thought it was common knowledge; the body guard entering Chris's hotel room at 11:30 for the distinct purpose of giving him 2 Ativan pills/his sleeping pills. I grabbed the first link that came up. The police report with the body guard saying this can be found here, just scroll down a bit to the PDF of the report.http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2017/07/11/cornell-death-details/103609948/

[emoji202]MOO
Yeah I don't know what to make of who had the Ativan. I could understand someone keeping track of it and giving it to him, given the nature of the drug, but still the bottle was close by...tough call.

I wouldn't really say he took anything out of the ordinary as far as prescriptions. The dose of Ativan is high, IMO, but the rest is pretty garden variety.

Wow that's incredibly sad. I guess he was close to Chris too.

He served as Weiland's stand in with STP as well. We are losing too many people in this genre....wow.

I've seen Linkin Park numerous times and saw him live with STP as well. I met him at a meet and greet, he was very gracious. He was a great performer. This is so sad.

I just read about Chester ... I wasn't a huge fan of Linkin Park but did appreciate their music .. Chris was tough since I crushed on him in high school .. as well as Scott Weiland and Kurt Cobain .. my generation of music is losing members well before their time :(

And now Chester.....on Chris's birthday. Can't be a coincidence.
WTAF is going on? I am shocked. I knew he had problems, but man....
He had 6 kids!

I just thought of something. Chester was godfather to CC's son. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member