GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conflict of interest inquiry denied. After in camera review Judge is satisifed that there is no conflict.

Conflict of interest inquiry denied. After in camera review Judge is satisifed that there is no conflict.
Well, I am not satisfied. What person connected to KM has that kind of money?! COME ON!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well, I am not satisfied. What person connected to KM has that kind of money?! COME ON!

I wonder the same thing. Was this person or persons checked out? The A's could have given them money to give to her. I certainly hope they checked them out thoroughly.

I wonder the same thing. Was this person or persons checked out? The A's could have given them money to give to her. I certainly hope they checked them out thoroughly.
By: Julie Montanaro | WCTV Eyewitness News
July 21, 2017
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- A judge says he is satisfied that Katherine Magbanua's legal bills are not being paid by the Adelson family.
Judge James Hankinson met with Magbanua and her defense team behind closed doors.
He refused to disclose to the state who is paying her bills.
Hankinson asked prosecutor Georgia Cappleman if she had any direct evidence linking the Adelsons to Magbanua's legal payments and she replied, "No sir."

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Pro...herine-Magbanuas-attorney-fees-414441673.html

For the interests of justice, the money trail of the declared indigent Katherine Magbanua, for her legal defense and/or for the simple living expenses of her dependents, should be relevant to this case. Judge James Hankinson is perhaps tied by Some arcane laws that made the flurry of motions filled by the skilled lawyers of Magbanua prevail perhaps tie Judge James Hankinson.

I wonder, would a FOIA request shade light into this mystification? I wonder, would a community involvement, say at FSU, similar to Black Lives matter (for lack of better example) be of help to shake up additional information of interests to justice? https://foia.state.gov/Learn/FOIA.aspx

i still agree with the State that there is something probably shady going on. IMO it was CA's attorney who crafted/is crafting the strategy and tactics we are seeing. KM's naive rookie amateur attorneys are simply pawns in the game and are doing what they're told. this is a united front to protect the alleged masterminds at all costs. i bet there have been/will be some very long days and nights together in the conference room "down the hall" at NW 3rd St in Miami plotting and scheming on how to hide and obfuscate the truth and delay delay delay and live to fight another day.

p.s. i like the State's request to try KM along with SG. i hope they can do so.

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW [video=twitter;888379550060732417]https://twitter.com/JulieMontanaroW/status/888379550060732417[/video]

Katherine Magbanua, defense attorneys, judge meeting behind closed doors to review who is paying her legal bills @WCTV
So I guess the DA' s weren't able to see and hear why the judge ruled as he did? Aren't they the ones who filed the complaint to begin with? How do we know the judge is not under the influence of the A' s or people that know the As. I would think for propriety 's sake, everyone should
have been in the judge's chambers.

Who, in their right mind will put out that kind of dough for someone who so obviously appears to be quilty?! If she knew this person before, why wasn't she living with them or hitting them up for money then?!

How much does anyone suppose today cost the defense? From the time they left Miami to the time they returned to Miami?

No one, and I mean no one is worth that amount of money. And the thing is, whoever it is paying, will never see a cent from KM.

Sorry, this makes no sense to me. If someone would care to explain it to me,
I would be grateful.

This really makes me angry. I want to know.

So I guess the DA' s weren't able to see and hear why the judge ruled as he did? Aren't they the ones who filed the complaint to begin with? How do we know the judge is not under the influence of the A' s or people that know the As. I would think for propriety 's sake, everyone should
have been in the judge's chambers.

Who, in their right mind will put out that kind of dough for someone who so obviously appears to be quilty?! If she knew this person before, why wasn't she living with them or hitting them up for money then?!

How much does anyone suppose today cost the defense? From the time they left Miami to the time they returned to Miami?

No one, and I mean no one is worth that amount of money. And the thing is, whoever it is paying, will never see a cent from KM.

Sorry, this makes no sense to me. If someone would care to explain it to me,
I would be grateful.

This really makes me angry. I want to know.

stranger things have happened, but i trust the Judge. he must have been presented enough "proof" of the source of the funds - fabricated or not. and he had an absence of proof from the State that the alleged masterminds were/are footing the bill. "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" but the Judge needs evidence. knowing and proving are two different things. in a court of law, we need proof. it does strain credulity to believe that KM's family could afford such a defense and expenses given everything public about them. it is also no coincidence that KM's attorneys are literally "right down the hall" from CA's.

stranger things have happened, but i trust the Judge. he must have been presented enough "proof" of the source of the funds - fabricated or not. and he had an absence of proof from the State that the alleged masterminds were/are footing the bill. "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" but the Judge needs evidence. knowing and proving are two different things. in a court of law, we need proof. it does strain credulity to believe that KM's family could afford such a defense and expenses given everything public about them. it is also no coincidence that KM's attorneys are literally "right down the hall" from CA's.
Maybe there's a go fund me account established on her behalf that is replenished often from anonymous sources.

So why was the prosecution not allowed in chambers? I feel they should have had the opportunity to ask questions. Who knows this case better than they do.

It's difficult for me to trust anyone, including a judge, when they do this behind closed doors without the party (prosecution) leveling the charges.

Maybe there's a go fund me account established on her behalf that is replenished often from anonymous sources.

So why was the prosecution not allowed in chambers? I feel they should have had the opportunity to ask questions. Who knows this case better than they do.

It's difficult for me to trust anyone, including a judge, when they do this behind closed doors without the party (prosecution) leveling the charges.

IMO - it seems that's something the defense requested and the Judge granted - "OK, we'll show the Court the source of the funds but it's only for the eyes of the Judge so as to not give the prosecution a precedent etc." -

Magbanua's attorneys, however, say the prosecution should not be granted access to who pays her legal bill based on "mere speculation." Doing so, they argue, could set a precedent for disclosing such information in any case.
It "defies legal standards," their motion says, "but will also give the prosecution the leeway to engage in bad faith 'fishing expeditions' to obtain information to which they are not legally entitled."

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...-attorneys-state-fishing-expedition/99698388/

it seems like it'd be hard for the State to chase down and prove/disprove the exact source of the funds when they don't know exactly what the exact alleged source is! not to mention the legal barriers even if they did know.

Guess this guy really likes to give people a chance and lend a helping hand to immigrants and he has very deep pockets to do it too! imo.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article149797499.html

IMO -

"unauthorized" immigrants? i think they should call them what they are - "illegal" immigrants who are breaking the law and should get in line and come here legally like everyone else rather than jump the line. it's not fair to those who follow the law and what message does it send if we allow it?

back on topic.

Let's please keep politics to the pages reserved just for that.

p.s. To clarify - I went off topic, not you.
I got on (gently) a poster here who commented on that same article a while back. (And it was opposite of your opinion). So I feel it's only fair
that both sides get the same...suggestion.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Pro...herine-Magbanuas-attorney-fees-414441673.html

"I don't think it's a setback on trying to prove the link, the conspiracy," prosecutor Georgia Cappleman said after the hearing.

"She was offered immunity, refused it. She's now sitting in jail. I believe she holds the key to her own freedom essentially," Cappleman said, "and it's a little suspicious that she has no money to pay, yet she's hired an expensive legal team that's housed in the same building as Mr. Adelson's attorneys."

"I don't think it's a setback on trying to prove the link, the conspiracy," prosecutor Georgia Cappleman said after the hearing.

"She was offered immunity, refused it. She's now sitting in jail. I believe she holds the key to her own freedom essentially," Cappleman said, "and it's a little suspicious that she has no money to pay, yet she's hired an expensive legal team that's housed in the same building as Mr. Adelson's attorneys."

Wait, what? Did we know she was offered immunity and refused it?

WOW! i posted many times that KM's attorneys would probably even turn down an IMMUNITY DEAL for KM because they are protecting someone else. AND I WAS RIGHT! this is incredible! how can they justify turning down an immunity deal?????????????? to me, this speaks volumes on the conflict of interest and WHO is really pulling the strings here!!! this is really OUTRAGEOUS!!! KM's attorneys are putting her in serious legal jeopardy in a CAPITAL MURDER CASE!

THIS is what bothers me about the judge in this case. I believe anyone, judges included, can be misguided
because of fear of what the A' s and
their attorneys can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads