UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lead item on today's 'Look East' lunchtime broadcast is that "a development is expected this afternoon" regarding the search. Reporter Alex Dunlop said police have told him nothing has been found at landfill, but no indication as to whether this means the search will be extended or called off.

LE to make an announcement at 3pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, is it going to be stopping the search or that they've found something?

The bbc seem to think they are going to announce they are stopping but is that news conference worthy?

I'm really not sure but if they'd found something I think it would have leaked on SM somewhere so probably that's it for the search sadly and if that's the case I can't see anyone ever knowing what really happened

JMO

So, is it going to be stopping the search or that they've found something?

The bbc seem to think they are going to announce they are stopping but is that news conference worthy?

I'm really not sure but if they'd found something I think it would have leaked on SM somewhere so probably that's it for the search sadly and if that's the case I can't see anyone ever knowing what really happened

JMO

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...announcement-missing-corrie-mckeague-13365699

Seems to suggest to me it's in response to The update from M saying there is no criminal element to the case

Maybe they want to re-emphasise that no criminality is suspected. MM seemed pretty annoyed the media failed to report the recent press statement.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-40685185

Police searching a landfill site for missing airman Corrie Mckeague say they have "not found anything".

Mr Mckeague, 23, has not been seen since a night out in Bury St Edmunds last September, when CCTV showed him entering a bin loading bay.

His mother Nicola Urquhart hired private investigators ahead of police deciding to search the Milton landfill.

Detectives have confirmed their search of the landfill site will now end.

BBM

Police searching a landfill site for missing airman Corrie Mckeague say they have "not found anything".

Mr Mckeague, 23, has not been seen since a night out in Bury St Edmunds last September, when CCTV showed him entering a bin loading bay.

His mother Nicola Urquhart hired private investigators ahead of police deciding to search the Milton landfill.

BBM
Thanks for the link.

I found this odd:
"Det Supt Katie Elliott said the landfill search for Mr Mckeague had been "systematic, comprehensive and thorough".
She said: "Corrie had been known to go to sleep in rubbish on a night out. There is no evidence to support any other explanation at this time.""

When were they told that? The mother has said the opposite. I would think this would have been a major "clue" let's say last september maybe? I know we are not suppose to criticize the police, but if I were in Suffolk, I would demand answers. One misstep after another.

BBM

They have commisioned a review of the work conducted for the investigation to see if anything further can be done. This is stated further down in the same link. So it looks like that is the end of it for now.

The only other thing of note is that Corrie had been known to sleep in bins. That is a bit of a surprise to me just hearing that after 10 months. Very sad outcome.
Eta just noticed mrS and CJ you have also posted surprise at the apparent habit of sleeping in bins. Is that like his habit of walking home to the base I wonder? Mystified.

Thanks for the link.

I found this odd:
"Det Supt Katie Elliott said the landfill search for Mr Mckeague had been "systematic, comprehensive and thorough".
She said: "Corrie had been known to go to sleep in rubbish on a night out. There is no evidence to support any other explanation at this time.""

When were they told that? The mother has said the opposite. I would think this would have been a major "clue" let's say last september maybe? I know we are not suppose to criticize the police, but if I were in Suffolk, I would demand answers. One misstep after another.

Him sleeping in bins is news to me too.

Suffolk Police website now states:

"The theory that Corrie was in the bin that was emptied into the bin lorry shortly after he was last seen is strengthened by credible information that we have obtained through our enquiries that Corrie had been known to go to sleep in rubbish, following a night out."

At the risk of sounding cynical, I seem to remember SP were absolutely adamant early on that he couldn't possibly be in the landfill. Then, as soon as they decide they'll have a look in the landfill after all, the bin weight suddenly changes, Corrie is all of sudden known to sleep in bins on nights out and now there's absolutely nothing to suggest he's anywhere BUT the landfill.

Not to mention they were definitely searching the right place early on, then it turned out they were actually on the wrong place for the first 10 weeks but were definitely in the right place after that .... yet still they find nothing.

Very frustrating.

BBM

Landfill search ending, but

'Police say they will now search previously incinerated waste...'

I've just read the news about them stopping the search for Corrie, I can understand as they can't search forever but so frustrating and sad for his family and baby girl. Not a nice resting place for anyone.
To me though, no body still equals the tiniest bit of hope and if he was in there, I believe he would have been found by now.

Why oh why wasn't it made known a witness said he once found Corrie sleeping in a bin?? There has been so much wondering why MM and SP were so sure he was in landfill, this would surely have gone a long way in justifying the landfill search. I am baffled by the whole enquiry

Lots of new information coming to light about the young mans sleeping habits. I've always wondered what evidence they had that he was at landfill. The fact one person said he had slept in rubbish before can't be the evidence can it?
I don't get why this couldn't have been mentioned before!
This case has many twists and turns and this feels like another one.

Why oh why wasn't it made known a witness said he once found Corrie sleeping in a bin?? There has been so much wondering why MM and SP were so sure he was in landfill, this would surely have gone a long way in justifying the landfill search. I am baffled by the whole enquiry

The police don't have to satisfy the curiosity of the public. They have given out very little information during this enquiry.
Most of what we have been told has come from family members, and some of it has been garbled and plain wrong. Like the latest claim that if C wasn't found at the landfill, the police would declare it a criminal enquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo