Identified! IN - Hammond, Bones found buried, gold ring, Oct'11 - Francine Carlson

As far as I know, we're still waiting for details about the bones from the archeologists/lab. Next week they'll have had them for about a month, which is the timeframe they gave for when they'd have details for LE. I don't know if they'll have an ID at that point, but it seems they'd at least have an estimate of how long she's been deceased, how old she was, physical characteristics, etc.

I read the posts on that local discussion board referenced a few posts ago, but I don't think they're reliable. I'm waiting to hear what LE has to say in the next few days (hopefully).

Over two months has passed since last post. Has archaeologist examination determined ID of remains found at Hammond construction site?

Interesting story, as I have always wondered how many of the unidentified are addicts who unfortunately are unable to succesfully overcome their addictions. How many tried and failed but lost contact with family and friends. It makes me wonder if those in rehab type programs might recognize or help name the unidentified.

You're home now Francine. No more addictions to overcome. I'm glad your family finally has answers.

In the photo it looks like she's wearing a ring, but I can't make it out well enough to see if it's the one found with her remains. Poor woman. Back in October, LE said they had a person of interest in this case. I wonder if that still applies.

So sad that her sister passed away without knowing. RIP, Francine.

The last update I could find was from 2013. They believe they know who killed Francine but the suspect is now deceased. They didn't identify who he is.

Missing Hammond woman's death ruled homicide - March 2013

The person police believe to have been responsible for the killing is deceased, he said.

"We do not believe he was a love interest, just an acquaintance," Miller said.

The man was about 50 at the time of Carlson's disappearance and 61 at the time of his death, Miller said.

Miller said because police were confident they had identified the killer, the case leaves police "with an empty feeling."

Funeral services planned for Hammond woman missing since 1999 - November 2013

The last update I could find was from 2013. They believe they know who killed Francine but the suspect is now deceased. They didn't identify who he is.

Missing Hammond woman's death ruled homicide - March 2013

The man was about 50 at the time of Carlson's disappearance and 61 at the time of his death, Miller said.

Funeral services planned for Hammond woman missing since 1999 - November 2013

BBM
Wasn't the store owner 61 when he passed away?

ETA: yes, he was. Found the relevant post by webrocket.

I love you mom. I miss you every day. A lot of nice people helped too but still lost and hurting everyday. I know of the name who hurt u and took ur life away. I miss u and want u here so bad. Rest easy momma. Francine Carlson was my mother and lot of u talked about the ring. And there was never a cross on it its purple and its my brother birth stone and I have it and its small so i have to wear it around my neck.

Bless your heart.I can't imagine the pain you are feeling.

Thank you. Wish I could hear her voice for the first time ever. Was so young only 3 or 4 but 3months old but can't remember anything. 21 now and cousin says she has a tape of her and my aunt. Wish I could have a readen from someone but forever in my heart hope I'm making her proud

Wish Hammond would still be working on this case. I want to know more and someone gotta know something more. But they gave me the name of the man who so called did this but didn't give it to the news. Gave it to me along with the ring. Which is amazing and I love it.

I love you mom. I miss you every day. A lot of nice people helped too but still lost and hurting everyday. I know of the name who hurt u and took ur life away. I miss u and want u here so bad. Rest easy momma. Francine Carlson was my mother and lot of u talked about the ring. And there was never a cross on it its purple and its my brother birth stone and I have it and its small so i have to wear it around my neck.

Oh gosh, oh gosh honey. I am so very sorry! :grouphug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back