CANADA Canada - Cortney Lake, 24, Mount Pearl, NL, 7 June 2017

It was mentioned in the fb group. Not sure how solid that is.

It was mentioned by LE in the press conference June 30th that the bottom portion of the video was only being shown.
CL and PS were together for about a year.

It appears the searching is focused on the ground. What about water searches...divers...dragging? I am not familiar with the area but according to a map there are bodies of water in the area. Any idea why the focus is the ground? The RNC must have some reason for not searching area waters...?

The RNC said in the presser that they believed that Cortney was taken to an area a short distance away from where she was picked up from.
It appears the searching is focused on the ground. What about water searches...divers...dragging? I am not familiar with the area but according to a map there are bodies of water in the area. Any idea why the focus is the ground? The RNC must have some reason for not searching area waters...?

http://www.thetelegram.com/news/loc...e-search-of-st--johns-home-linked-to-cor.html

Just want to try to clairify some details. PS was apparently supposed to reside at 20 Newton Road in Long Harbour as per court conditions. Is this the home of a relative or parent? The above article states that a person residing at 22 Alice Dr was known to Cortney and the RNC executed a search at the Alice Dr home so the RNC seemed to know that PS was not living in Long Harbour. Does he own two homes? It appears that Mount Pearl and Long Harbour are about an hour's drive apart. I am trying to understand why the search area hasn't been expanded to Long Harbour if PS has property there.

Police say they believe Lake, 24, was driven to a secluded, wooded area close to the residential neighbourhood where she was picked up, but do not know where that may be.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/0...nfld-woman-likely-murdered-police_a_23010321/

http://www.thetelegram.com/news/loc...e-search-of-st--johns-home-linked-to-cor.html

Just want to try to clairify some details. PS was apparently supposed to reside at 20 Newton Road in Long Harbour as per court conditions. Is this the home of a relative or parent? The above article states that a person residing at 22 Alice Dr was known to Cortney and the RNC executed a search at the Alice Dr home so the RNC seemed to know that PS was not living in Long Harbour. Does he own two homes? It appears that Mount Pearl and Long Harbour are about an hour's drive apart. I am trying to understand why the search area hasn't been expanded to Long Harbour if PS has property there.

According to a family member a search at Long Harbour has been conducted already.

I wonder how long PS can be kept in custody without any further charges?

Homicide without a body: How can police lay charges?
Finding Cortney Lake's body likely critical in cracking case of missing mother

Posted: Jul 12, 2017 8:29 PM NT Last Updated: Jul 13, 2017 11:54 AM NT

Ricciardelli said if the police have ruled a missing persons case a homicide, the public has to trust they have good reason to believe it.

"This is a point where you can trust in the knowledge the police have that they have every reason to believe it is a homicide," she said.

"There may be other factors that point to the fact that there has been some misconduct or transgression that has occurred. We have to actually trust the evidence that the police have."
As for Cortney Lake's family, there are no immediate plans to stop searching.

Another search was set for Wednesday evening in the East White Hills area of St. John's.

Police have said there is more than one person of interest in the case but did not provide any further details.
(respectfully snipped and bolded by me)

Read full article here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/no-body-murder-cases-cortney-lake-1.4199755

I am just so confused as to how to piece all of this together. They "have reason to believe" she was killed and then brought to a wooded area, or brought to a wooded area and then killed. And countless hours have been spent searching for her body. How is this all possible without a confession or multiple suspects?? What information was divulged to make the authorities conclude / make the decisions they have so far?? So many questions.... sorry this just runs thru my head so often I had to type it out. If you guys can offer insight let me know. Thanks for reading. Thinking of Cortney.

I am just so confused as to how to piece all of this together. They "have reason to believe" she was killed and then brought to a wooded area, or brought to a wooded area and then killed. And countless hours have been spent searching for her body. How is this all possible without a confession or multiple suspects?? What information was divulged to make the authorities conclude / make the decisions they have so far?? So many questions.... sorry this just runs thru my head so often I had to type it out. If you guys can offer insight let me know. Thanks for reading. Thinking of Cortney.
I think they know alot more than what's been made public. There's so much that nobody will know until trial.. if there even is one.

The ex of this poor girl has killed himself as the above post says. Not even a note with any info left behind. We are starting to search again, as the snow is starting to melt.
I hope we can get a discussion going, , maybe some fresh outlooks after so long

There has not been much as far as MSM since last year. I found this from Dec 2017.
'I pray you relent’ - Cortney Lake’s aunt pleads for someone to come forward with information | The Telegram

This is as recent as just last month... mom asking campers to keep any eye out for her belongings...
Cortney Lake’s mother asks campers to keep eye out for daughter’s belongings | ntv.ca

The coward couldn't even give anyone the satisfaction of letting them find her and have a tiny piece of closure before he took himself out.

There has not been much as far as MSM since last year. I found this from Dec 2017.
'I pray you relent’ - Cortney Lake’s aunt pleads for someone to come forward with information | The Telegram

This is as recent as just last month... mom asking campers to keep any eye out for her belongings...
Cortney Lake’s mother asks campers to keep eye out for daughter’s belongings | ntv.ca

The coward couldn't even give anyone the satisfaction of letting them find her and have a tiny piece of closure before he took himself out.

Yes the search will be starting up again. Hopefully we find her. This poor family needs peace.

And yes, i agree, he was a coward.

I absolutely believe there are more that know exactly what happened and prob played some kind of role.

I don't want to give up on her just yet. I will be going around to areas that i am drawn to, supposing i do it alone!

Yes the search will be starting up again. Hopefully we find her. This poor family needs peace.

And yes, i agree, he was a coward.

I absolutely believe there are more that know exactly what happened and prob played some kind of role.

I don't want to give up on her just yet. I will be going around to areas that i am drawn to, supposing i do it alone!
Oh, are you sure going it alone is a safe and good thing for you to do? Especially, since you and her family both are saying that others know something? Please be careful!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back