OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
No suspect has been found and is a cold case. Rarely a mass murder becomes a cold case.

I think this is a drug related crime.
I very respectfully disagree, this case is anything but cold. There are investigators working the case daily. One of these days, when we least expect it, arrests will come. [emoji41]

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

I saw this back on page one of the media section. Either this was wrong or things happened much different than what was said later:

BOBBI JO’S DAD, LEONARD MANLEY, TOLD REPORTERS:
“Well, my daughter feeds them animals out there every morning, Bobbi Jo the one that made the 911 call. She got the key to the place. She went in found my grandson and his girlfriend dead. Went down found my son in law and his cousin dead. Then she come out and got me and I went out there and my boy went to my daughter’s house and they found them. My daughter, her daughter, and her son.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...SCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered

Yes! I read that too but lost my link, (I keep a folder/history on my end) and just didn't think to look in the media section! Thanks Dudly! I've always thought I heard children in the background of the 911 call. I truly believe this is the order b/c of the length of time it took to call 911.

NOTE: I have the link, and the transcription, in my files. It's to a video interview, but it's been removed, and I can't find the original video interview anywhere, nor a MSM transcription at this point. These two links are basically useless but this is, I'm pretty sure, the video interview where it originated from on April 24, 2016:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...oking-for-motive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/

I'm pretty sure this WAS that same video interview that was also placed on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb_v92YOiXk&feature=youtu.be

LM does not deny there was a text. It was his son text. But he thinks it's related to this.

My point is, it doesn't mean LE suspects JM and JW colluded. It might just mean the text between JW an JM, AM and DR, might prove JM or JW is not telling the truth.

The above is my theory

I understand where everyone is coming from, on the text, and yes, LM does not deny that there was a text sent from his son's phone. However, LM goes on to elaborate that the text was sent at 8:00, or 9:00 p.m., but JW (that boy) didn't get it til 3:00 a.m.

Re; time text was sent starts @ 1:24

[video=youtube;CWy3QSE9K_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWy3QSE9K_g[/video]

I believe that this is entirely possible for this to have happened. LM does contradict himself on occasion, and may speak out when it might be better that he not, but on this he may very well be correct.

Text messaging (SMS) was kinda thrown in on the wireless voice network as an afterthought. There was some spare bandwidth space during the birth of the wireless phone/voice network so text messaging was born. Most of us get our text messages almost instantly. If you live in an area like LM, (and myself), your cell coverage can be sketchy sometimes. (I get really good coverage overall but can still drive a little piece and it's gone, not a single bar to be had.).

When a text message is sent it contains certain amounts of data with it. This data includes, in part, the info re; the sender's number, message length, a timestamp of when the sender sent the text, and to which Short Message Center (SMC) the message is to be routed.

The SMC is in charge of storing, and forwarding, your text messages. If your message can't be delivered immediately, the SMC will store it, and will continue to attempt to forward your message, until you have coverage.

Your location (mountainous regions can be a big culprit) can be a major cause of delayed messages. This is also a problem for folks who put their phone in "airplane mode", turn them off for a period of time, or the battery dies. When they turn their phones on, it shows the time that they received the messages, but not the time they were sent.

There are work arounds to find out the sent timestamp, but it usually requires smartphones, and/or apps, and if I were a gambler I'd gamble that JM has clamshell phone, like several folks I know, who are fine with a phone that does nothing but make calls, and texting is just a bonus.

Yes! I read that too but lost my link, (I keep a folder/history on my end) and just didn't think to look in the media section! Thanks Dudly! I've always thought I heard children in the background of the 911 call. I truly believe this is the order b/c of the length of time it took to call 911.

NOTE: I have the link, and the transcription, in my files. It's to a video interview, but it's been removed, and I can't find the original video interview anywhere, nor a MSM transcription at this point. These two links are basically useless but this is, I'm pretty sure, the video interview where it originated from on April 24, 2016:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...oking-for-motive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/

I'm pretty sure this WAS that same video interview that was also placed on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb_v92YOiXk&feature=youtu.be

The youtube video is no longer available because the poster's account has been terminated....

I understand where everyone is coming from, on the text, and yes, LM does not deny that there was a text sent from his son's phone. However, LM goes on to elaborate that the text was sent at 8:00, or 9:00 p.m., but JW (that boy) didn't get it til 3:00 a.m.

Re; time text was sent starts @ 1:24

[video=youtube;CWy3QSE9K_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWy3QSE9K_g[/video]

I believe that this is entirely possible for this to have happened. LM does contradict himself on occasion, and may speak out when it might be better that he not, but on this he may very well be correct.

Text messaging (SMS) was kinda thrown in on the wireless voice network as an afterthought. There was some spare bandwidth space during the birth of the wireless phone/voice network so text messaging was born. Most of us get our text messages almost instantly. If you live in an area like LM, (and myself), your cell coverage can be sketchy sometimes. (I get really good coverage overall but can still drive a little piece and it's gone, not a single bar to be had.).

When a text message is sent it contains certain amounts of data with it. This data includes, in part, the info re; the sender's number, message length, a timestamp of when the sender sent the text, and to which Short Message Center (SMC) the message is to be routed.

The SMC is in charge of storing, and forwarding, your text messages. If your message can't be delivered immediately, the SMC will store it, and will continue to attempt to forward your message, until you have coverage.

Your location (mountainous regions can be a big culprit) can be a major cause of delayed messages. This is also a problem for folks who put their phone in "airplane mode", turn them off for a period of time, or the battery dies. When they turn their phones on, it shows the time that they received the messages, but not the time they were sent.

There are work arounds to find out the sent timestamp, but it usually requires smartphones, and/or apps, and if I were a gambler I'd gamble that JM has clamshell phone, like several folks I know, who are fine with a phone that does nothing but make calls, and texting is just a bonus.

I have received text messages the day after they were sent. I have poor reception with my cell phone at my house.

The youtube video is no longer available because the poster's account has been terminated....

Yes, I know. I just find it odd that it is no longer available on the newspaper's site, and the other location that I think it was on, (but since it's gone cannot be certain), is gone in it's entirety. I've looked for the links in the past and can not find that video thus far but I know it was there. I thought at first that you'd found it. The one thing that it clarified for me was the gap in time. LE had thought she got there earlier. BJM has stated the time being 7-7:15 based on interviews.

I hope this is not against TOS. It was bugging me about the LM interview. Here's a link to the video and I'm putting the transcript beneath the video.

https://youtu.be/yiMHgg8Rq98

Transcript:
Give the video about :15 seconds to start. The first couple of questions are scrambled so the first few seconds are solely from my transcript:

NR-10: How close are you to the crimescenes?

LM: Half a mile

NR-10: What has it been like to experience all of this?

LM: Well if you really wanna know, that's my daughter and all of them laying up there,

Start of video/audio--------------------------

LM cont'd: They won't do nothin about it. And they impound my boy's truck, I mean...

NR-10: Do you have any idea why someone would do this?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, I think, you know I ain't gonna say right now.I'm gonna give them an hour, and if they don't release that truck and stuff then I'm gonna say a couple of words.Thank you

NR-10: What's the truck?

LM: Huh?

NR-10: What you said you'd do if they don't release
the truck?

LM: Not my truck, my boy's truck. Now he went out there and he had a fictitous tag on it, and I mean,
they said it was, that he could leave it up there. Okay... They let my daughter and my grandson take their cars, okay? Saturday evening we had a big conflict up here with the deputies and things some of them is snots, I mean pure snots!

NR-10: LM, which, which, victim are you related to?

LM: DM

NR-10: You're related to DM she is your...

LM: Daughter

NR-10: She's your daughter? Did you have any suspicion at all that...

LM: Well, I ain't gonna say, cause it's gonna interfere with them out there.I, let's put it this way, I give them two chances, and I give them a chance Saturday and I asked DeWayne over there at the church in front of 150 people, if, but you need to... If you want some information you need to go down to the Lawshe nursing home and talk to the people down there.

NR-10: Did your daughter ever fear for her safety up here?

LM: Well, I ain't gonna say that neither. You know, I promised them I'd wait an hour.

NR-10: LM, what would you want people to know about your daughter?

LM: Well, she'd give you the shirt off your back. She worked hard and she took care of the old people in the nursing home, went to people's houses. I mean if you want anything on my daughter go to Peebles ask anyone how close the family was. But, I mean, you know, there's alot of things that's been covered up right here in Pike County.

NR-10: LM, what's been covered up? What do you think?

LM: No No I can't say that... yet.

NR-10: Tell us how you found out the news about your daughter.

LM: Well, my daughter feeds them animals out there every morning, BJM the one that made the 911 call. She got the key to the place. She went in found my grandson and his girlfriend dead. Went down found my son in law and his cousin dead. Then she come out and got me and I went out there and my boy went to my daughter's house and they found them. My daughter, her daughter and her son.

NR-10: Who's home was your daughter in, was she in her home or

LM: She was in her home that she just bought.

NR-10: They just bought it. Okay

NR-10: How's the family holding up right now? How are you doing?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, you know if you was in my shoes and they come to your house at 3:30 in the morning after questioning your daughter, and your son, and your grandson, and say we're going to take you back over there for more questioning. Now how would you feel? Then they tell you that you can
leave your truck sitting there and it's okay and then they tow it in.

NR-10:What would you like to tell if the person or persons responsible is watching this tonight? What do you want to tell the persons responsible?

LM: Well, I think they're a bunch of *******s.

NR-10: Do you think it's possible for someone to drive up this road and commit this without anyone
seeing anything?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, it's really possible and you know whoever done it knew the family,cause there was two dogs there that would eat you up but I ain't gonna say no more.

NR-10: What's your last name LM?

LM: M*****

NR-10: M * * * * y?

NR-10: Are you worried about any other members of your family?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, you know, I asked the Sheriff and Senator whatever you want to call it over there at the church I didn't get no answer and I told him in front of 150 people that I was gonna load my gun and if they a deputy or somethin' come to my house, and he kicks on the door, instead of sayin' he's a deputy or somethin, Look out.

NR-10: Thanks LM thank you

I hope this is not against TOS. It was bugging me about the LM interview. Here's a link to the video and I'm putting the transcript beneath the video.

https://youtu.be/yiMHgg8Rq98

Transcript:
Give the video about :15 seconds to start. The first couple of questions are scrambled so the first few seconds are solely from my transcript:

NR-10: How close are you to the crimescenes?

LM: Half a mile

NR-10: What has it been like to experience all of this?

LM: Well if you really wanna know, that's my daughter and all of them laying up there,

Start of video/audio--------------------------

LM cont'd: They won't do nothin about it. And they impound my boy's truck, I mean...

NR-10: Do you have any idea why someone would do this?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, I think, you know I ain't gonna say right now.I'm gonna give them an hour, and if they don't release that truck and stuff then I'm gonna say a couple of words.Thank you

NR-10: What's the truck?

LM: Huh?

NR-10: What you said you'd do if they don't release
the truck?

LM: Not my truck, my boy's truck. Now he went out there and he had a fictitous tag on it, and I mean,
they said it was, that he could leave it up there. Okay... They let my daughter and my grandson take their cars, okay? Saturday evening we had a big conflict up here with the deputies and things some of them is snots, I mean pure snots!

NR-10: LM, which, which, victim are you related to?

LM: DM

NR-10: You're related to DM she is your...

LM: Daughter

NR-10: She's your daughter? Did you have any suspicion at all that...

LM: Well, I ain't gonna say, cause it's gonna interfere with them out there.I, let's put it this way, I give them two chances, and I give them a chance Saturday and I asked DeWayne over there at the church in front of 150 people, if, but you need to... If you want some information you need to go down to the Lawshe nursing home and talk to the people down there.

NR-10: Did your daughter ever fear for her safety up here?

LM: Well, I ain't gonna say that neither. You know, I promised them I'd wait an hour.

NR-10: LM, what would you want people to know about your daughter?

LM: Well, she'd give you the shirt off your back. She worked hard and she took care of the old people in the nursing home, went to people's houses. I mean if you want anything on my daughter go to Peebles ask anyone how close the family was. But, I mean, you know, there's alot of things that's been covered up right here in Pike County.

NR-10: LM, what's been covered up? What do you think?

LM: No No I can't say that... yet.

NR-10: Tell us how you found out the news about your daughter.

LM: Well, my daughter feeds them animals out there every morning, BJM the one that made the 911 call. She got the key to the place. She went in found my grandson and his girlfriend dead. Went down found my son in law and his cousin dead. Then she come out and got me and I went out there and my boy went to my daughter's house and they found them. My daughter, her daughter and her son.

NR-10: Who's home was your daughter in, was she in her home or

LM: She was in her home that she just bought.

NR-10: They just bought it. Okay

NR-10: How's the family holding up right now? How are you doing?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, you know if you was in my shoes and they come to your house at 3:30 in the morning after questioning your daughter, and your son, and your grandson, and say we're going to take you back over there for more questioning. Now how would you feel? Then they tell you that you can
leave your truck sitting there and it's okay and then they tow it in.

NR-10:What would you like to tell if the person or persons responsible is watching this tonight? What do you want to tell the persons responsible?

LM: Well, I think they're a bunch of *******s.

NR-10: Do you think it's possible for someone to drive up this road and commit this without anyone
seeing anything?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, it's really possible and you know whoever done it knew the family,cause there was two dogs there that would eat you up but I ain't gonna say no more.

NR-10: What's your last name LM?

LM: M*****

NR-10: M * * * * y?

NR-10: Are you worried about any other members of your family?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, you know, I asked the Sheriff and Senator whatever you want to call it over there at the church I didn't get no answer and I told him in front of 150 people that I was gonna load my gun and if they a deputy or somethin' come to my house, and he kicks on the door, instead of sayin' he's a deputy or somethin, Look out.

NR-10: Thanks LM thank you

Right or wrong he definitely said FR was found first. Nothing more was ever said about the Saturday night conflict with the deputies. He definitely eluded that the nursing home could have something to do with everything. Now I wonder if DR found out about something going on at the nursing home that was not legal. Or, possibly involved. Maybe that is why there was a conflict with the deputies. They were there questioning DR. That adds even more possibilities as to who, what and/or why....

Right or wrong he definitely said FR was found first. Nothing more was ever said about the Saturday night conflict with the deputies. He definitely eluded that the nursing home could have something to do with everything. Now I wonder if DR found out about something going on at the nursing home that was not legal. Or, possibly involved. Maybe that is why there was a conflict with the deputies. They were there questioning DR. That adds even more possibilities as to who, what and/or why....

Yes, there's still something hinky about the Hillcrest Nursing Home. Does anyone know who owns it? There's also a Hillside Nursing Home on the same street, owned by a fairly large nursing home corporation.

ETA: Correction. Hillside and Hillcrest nursing homes are at the same address. Here's a link to the corporation that owns it:

http://continuinghc.com/management-team-for-continuing-healthcare-solutions/

You know, it is kind of odd that DR's employer never made a public statement of sympathy about the murders. Never offered to help with reward money, etc. Her fellow employees talked about her, but not the company itself. You would think they would have wanted to make a donation towards the reward fund, a memorial, help with burial expenses, etc. Nothing from them but silence.

I don't know if he's got the order correct, but I do believe that she found all four prior to phoning 911. In another interview, she said she went into CR's trailer saying/yelling; Rhoden! Rhoden! Rhoden! I believe now it was because she was in a panic from finding FR & HHG.

I wonder if the conflict between them and the deputies was over the truck? LM's really upset about JM's truck. He's had to defend him right out of the gate. Grieving, and at the same time feeling he has to defend JM, and BJM, for this past year, has had to be pure Hell on Earth.

IBM
I'm not sure if he's skipping around, and meaning to ask the folks at Lawshe about DR, and her character (as he mentions going to Peebles, where Lawshe is at, and doing that) or if he thinks she may have confided in her friends at work about any fears she may have had. From what I've gathered through this she seemed to be well-liked there. Then again the nursing home has closed and moved to a new location.

BBM
I also wondered about him saying she went to people's houses. Was she possibly doing some in-home sitting with the elderly too? Would that be why, in the video in front of the courthouse, that LM said they took a blanket from a bed-fast man?

Well, she'd give you the shirt off your back. She worked hard and she took care of the old people in the nursing home, went to people's houses. I mean if you want anything on my daughter go to Peebles ask anyone how close the family was. But, I mean, you know, there's alot of things that's been covered up right here in Pike County.

Yes, there's still something hinky about the Hillcrest Nursing Home. Does anyone know who owns it? There's also a Hillside Nursing Home on the same street, owned by a fairly large nursing home corporation.

ETA: Correction. Hillside and Hillcrest nursing homes are at the same address. Here's a link to the corporation that owns it:

http://continuinghc.com/management-team-for-continuing-healthcare-solutions/

You know, it is kind of odd that DR's employer never made a public statement of sympathy about the murders. Never offered to help with reward money, etc. Her fellow employees talked about her, but not the company itself. You would think they would have wanted to make a donation towards the reward fund, a memorial, help with burial expenses, etc. Nothing from them but silence.

Look at how long nearly all of the Rhoden men worked at BBL. The owner is the same guy who had the lot where they were showing some of their cars. Even the kids went to BBL to hang out while CR1 and the others worked. A couple of comments from BBL owner but no assistance with the reward money, that we know of anyway. I think that once Dewine came out with his big grow op statements in the very beginning, it turned the tide for a lot of people. To come out and make statements might make them seem associated with Rs in other ways, illegal ways, so they backed off.

A few thoughts after reading the last couple of posts.

Does anyone else think its odd how mad LM seems to get about JM's truck being kept by the police? He was saying he would give them an hour to release the truck or he'd talk. As far as I know nothing came about from that.

Someone posted that maybe DR was doing some in home care of the elderly. Would it be possible that she was doing that and say the elderly person passed away and left a good bit (money, things, etc.) to DR in the will- couldn't that be a motive to kill? Or even the person wouldn't have to be dead, just giving away to DR things that a family member thought should stay in the family.

I very respectfully disagree, this case is anything but cold. There are investigators working the case daily. One of these days, when we least expect it, arrests will come. [emoji41]

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

I said cold case there has bee no arrest yet.

I am sure there will be an arrest coming.

Does anyone else think its odd how mad LM seems to get about JM's truck being kept by the police? He was saying he would give them an hour to release the truck or he'd talk. As far as I know nothing came about from that.

Someone posted that maybe DR was doing some in home care of the elderly. Would it be possible that she was doing that and say the elderly person passed away and left a good bit (money, things, etc.) to DR in the will- couldn't that be a motive to kill? Or even the person wouldn't have to be dead, just giving away to DR things that a family member thought should stay in the family.

I recall from another interview that LM said his son's truck contained tools that he needed for his job. JM wasn't able to work while his truck was impounded.

It was probably part of a home care plan. Where I live nurses and carers are not allowed to benefit from the wills of their patients.

I recall from another interview that LM said his son's truck contained tools that he needed for his job. JM wasn't able to work while his truck was impounded.

Iirc, they badgered BJM and asked her why she had her family killed. I would be mad at them too,

I don't know if he's got the order correct, but I do believe that she found all four prior to phoning 911. In another interview, she said she went into CR's trailer saying/yelling; Rhoden! Rhoden! Rhoden! I believe now it was because she was in a panic from finding FR & HHG.

I wonder if the conflict between them and the deputies was over the truck? LM's really upset about JM's truck. He's had to defend him right out of the gate. Grieving, and at the same time feeling he has to defend JM, and BJM, for this past year, has had to be pure Hell on Earth.

IBM
I'm not sure if he's skipping around, and meaning to ask the folks at Lawshe about DR, and her character (as he mentions going to Peebles, where Lawshe is at, and doing that) or if he thinks she may have confided in her friends at work about any fears she may have had. From what I've gathered through this she seemed to be well-liked there. Then again the nursing home has closed and moved to a new location.

BBM
I also wondered about him saying she went to people's houses. Was she possibly doing some in-home sitting with the elderly too? Would that be why, in the video in front of the courthouse, that LM said they took a blanket from a bed-fast man?

I do not think that happened till they saw his truck at DR's house the morning of the discoveries. The conflict seems to have involved Rhodens and Deputies about something. I wonder if there is a Sheriff's log. like police logs, that can be accessed about them being there and why...

That's understandable. Thank you. I vaguely remember hearing something about tools, just didn't put the 2 and 2 together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd