OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if he's got the order correct, but I do believe that she found all four prior to phoning 911. In another interview, she said she went into CR's trailer saying/yelling; Rhoden! Rhoden! Rhoden! I believe now it was because she was in a panic from finding FR & HHG.

I wonder if the conflict between them and the deputies was over the truck? LM's really upset about JM's truck. He's had to defend him right out of the gate. Grieving, and at the same time feeling he has to defend JM, and BJM, for this past year, has had to be pure Hell on Earth.

IBM
thaI'm not sure if he's skipping around, and meaning to ask the folks at Lawshe about DR, and her character (as he mentions going to Peebles, where Lawshe is at, and doing t) or if he thinks she may have confided in her friends at work about any fears she may have had. From what I've gathered through this she seemed to be well-liked there. Then again the nursing home has closed and moved to a new location.

BBM
I also wondered about him saying she went to people's houses. Was she possibly doing some in-home sitting with the elderly too? Would that be why, in the video in front of the courthouse, that LM said they took a blanket from a bed-fast man?

I've always taken it to mean "ask them about what type of person she was".

Think what this poor guy has been through in the last fifteen months. What would WE do in his situation? Take a deadly weapon up to the either totally inept or totally corrupt DA?

The day of the murders his son's truck obviously has illegal plates ont and a deputy recognized that fact. Being as how they had bigger fish to fry they said "you may drive it home [and take take care of the registration] later on". Then they towed it! No wonder LM is p*ssed off. Another case of local LE acting capriciously. Putting it to the little guy while the big fish of the county do whatever they want

Could we PLEASE stop micro-analyzing every little nuance of this case? What he said, what she said, how they said it, when they said it, etc., etc. etc..

Thanks

A few thoughts after reading the last couple of posts.

Does anyone else think its odd how mad LM seems to get about JM's truck being kept by the police? He was saying he would give them an hour to release the truck or he'd talk. As far as I know nothing came about from that.

Someone posted that maybe DR was doing some in home care of the elderly. Would it be possible that she was doing that and say the elderly person passed away and left a good bit (money, things, etc.) to DR in the will- couldn't that be a motive to kill? Or even the person wouldn't have to be dead, just giving away to DR things that a family member thought should stay in the family.

BBM
I'm glad you mentioned that. I've thought that very odd. It seems that he's almost (and this has just been my interpretation), even in the very beginning, defending JM too much.

I can't understand being that worried about JM's truck, or the stuff in it, at that point in time. His answer to the very first question includes them impounding JM's truck.

The next question, does he have any idea who could have murdered his family, is answered, in part, with; if "they", I'm assuming, LE, don't release JMs truck and stuff he's going to say something.

The news reporter seems confused and asks him more about the truck.

We then find out that apparently LE said that JM's truck had fictitious tags on it (to which there may be a simple explanation but it is something highly frowned upon by LE) and then reneged on letting him just leave it at the site, and decided they were going to impound the truck instead.

It also seems that JM's son arrived in his own vehicle. I only recently learned that JM's son was there and thought that he probably rode with his father. According to LM, he arrived in a separate vehicle.
They let my daughter and my grandson take their cars, okay?

He just can't turn that truck loose, even when asked how the family is holding up. It sounds as if they questioned LM at 3:30 am too but he then goes back to the truck.

I remember that they seemed interested in a truck at the site that day. Was that JM's truck? Was it ever released back to him?

I recall from another interview that LM said his son's truck contained tools that he needed for his job. JM wasn't able to work while his truck was impounded.

Which brings to mind another question I've puzzled over. Where was JM working at that time? Why was he not at work, or headed to work, on a Friday morning? Was he laid off? It was well past the time most folks would have left for work if BJM found CR1 at around 7-ish a.m.

Think what this poor guy has been through in the last fifteen months. What would WE do in his situation? Take a deadly weapon up to the either totally inept or totally corrupt DA?

The day of the murders his son's truck obviously has illegal plates ont and a deputy recognized that fact. Being as how they had bigger fish to fry they said "you may drive it home [and take take care of the registration] later on". Then they towed it! No wonder LM is p*ssed off. Another case of local LE acting capriciously. Putting it to the little guy while the big fish of the county do whatever they want

Could we PLEASE stop micro-analyzing every little nuance of this case? What he said, what she said, how they said it, when they said it, etc., etc. etc..

Thanks

JM is the only person who has been arrested, had a gps tracker put on his vehicle, and had his hearing sent to the grand jury. Although he is innocent until proven guilty, (and I really hope he is innocent, and lean toward him being innocent) there is some reason that LE is looking at him. I feel for LM and JdyM, and I hope that LE is not wasting time looking in the wrong direction, but for some reason they've looked hard at JM (and BJM) since day one. I'd be mad too if they towed my son's truck but I'd be even more mad that someone murdered eight members of my family, 1/2 mile from my doorstep.

A few thoughts after reading the last couple of posts.

Does anyone else think its odd how mad LM seems to get about JM's truck being kept by the police? He was saying he would give them an hour to release the truck or he'd talk. As far as I know nothing came about from that.

Someone posted that maybe DR was doing some in home care of the elderly. Would it be possible that she was doing that and say the elderly person passed away and left a good bit (money, things, etc.) to DR in the will- couldn't that be a motive to kill? Or even the person wouldn't have to be dead, just giving away to DR things that a family member thought should stay in the family.

I wonder what happened to that truck since it seems JM had to buy another one. One that apparently has been used in a homicide.

Thanks

I think at first they told him he could take it home, but then something caught their attention about him or the truck, so they towed it to do forensics. That would fall in line with all the polygraphs and GPS concerning him. He did admit (or LM admitted for him) that he failed a polygraph. Maybe some of the questions he failed concerned that truck. We haven't seen nor heard about that truck since. I wonder if the PCSO still has it?

JM is the only person who has been arrested, had a gps tracker put on his vehicle, and had his hearing sent to the grand jury. Although he is innocent until proven guilty, (and I really hope he is innocent, and lean toward him being innocent) there is some reason that LE is looking at him. I feel for LM and JdyM, and I hope that LE is not wasting time looking in the wrong direction, but for some reason they've looked hard at JM (and BJM) since day one. I'd be mad too if they towed my son's truck but I'd be even more mad that someone murdered eight members of my family, 1/2 mile from my doorstep.

BBM

I think that LM was extremely upset, but I am like you. I would have been spitting mad, but not over a truck. In fact I would have been so upset I probably would not have even remembered what kind of car I drove let alone give a second thought to my son's vehicle.

I know I am not popular with my trafficking theory but it would make sense about LM throwing a fit over the truck if he knew his son was transporting drugs or something else illegal in it.

I don't know if this is correct but I read there is a lot of illegal whiskey (moonshine) made in that general area of the Appalachians. Any locals want to weigh in on it?

I do not think that happened till they saw his truck at DR's house the morning of the discoveries. The conflict seems to have involved Rhodens and Deputies about something. I wonder if there is a Sheriff's log. like police logs, that can be accessed about them being there and why...

Do you think he's talking about the Saturday prior to the murders? This video was released on Sunday, the 24th, in an AP newspaper. Idk what day it was taped though. If it was taped on the 23rd, it would almost have to be a dispute from the Saturday before.

BBM

I think that LM was extremely upset, but I am like you. I would have been spitting mad, but not over a truck. In fact I would have been so upset I probably would not have even remembered what kind of car I drove let alone give a second thought to my son's vehicle.

I know I am not popular with my trafficking theory but it would make sense about LM throwing a fit over the truck if he knew his son was transporting drugs or something else illegal in it.

I don't know if this is correct but I read there is a lot of illegal whiskey (moonshine) made in that general area of the Appalachians. Any locals want to weigh in on it?

Most people I have read about and seen first hand would want their cars/trucks to be in decent shape and legal. Nothing to make a officer pull you over. In the video his dad said it had fictitious plates. You wouldn't haul drugs in a car with bad plates( dead or wrong vehicle) just to be pulled over for them and then busted for drugs. Just my own opinion..

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

I think at first they told him he could take it home, but then something caught their attention about him or the truck, so they towed it to do forensics. That would fall in line with all the polygraphs and GPS concerning him. He did admit (or LM admitted for him) that he failed a polygraph. Maybe some of the questions he failed concerned that truck. We haven't seen nor heard about that truck since. I wonder if the PCSO still has it?

So the truck that police kept that day is not the truck that they put the GPS tracker on?

Makes me wonder if at first they said he could drive it home and get the tags fixed on it but then they noticed something or came up with something that they wanted to take a better look at the truck. Could it have come from where DR was selling the cars she was posting for sale?

Most people I have read about and seen first hand would want their cars/trucks to be in decent shape and legal. Nothing to make a officer pull you over. In the video his dad said it had fictitious plates. You wouldn't haul drugs in a car with bad plates( dead or wrong vehicle) just to be pulled over for them and then busted for drugs. Just my own opinion..
[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

I agree....but there seems to be a stupid person that will occasionally crop up.

So the truck that police kept that day is not the truck that they put the GPS tracker on?

Makes me wonder if at first they said he could drive it home and get the tags fixed on it but then they noticed something or came up with something that they wanted to take a better look at the truck. Could it have come from where DR was selling the cars she was posting for sale?

No. The truck they put the GPS on was one JM had bought a couple of months before the GPS was put on. I believe he bought it in Feb or March of 2017. That is why the warrant to put it on was so confusing, because the warrant said it had been used in a crime of aggravated homicide.

Do you think he's talking about the Saturday prior to the murders? This video was released on Sunday, the 24th, in an AP newspaper. Idk what day it was taped though. If it was taped on the 23rd, it would almost have to be a dispute from the Saturday before.

I thought he was referring to the week before. Even if it was taped on Sunday, wouldn't he have said last night if it was Saturday, the day before?'

I wonder what happened to that truck since it seems JM had to buy another one. One that apparently has been used in a homicide.

Re; above truck. (I still can't believe they got a warrant pushed through for that.)

The warrant was issued April 21, 2017, and gave authorities 45 days to track JTM's 1997 Chevrolet K2500 truck...

The warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy S. Hogan, indicated authorities believe the truck was “used as a means of the commission of the crime’’ of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime, the warrant stated.

(LM volunteered that they'd not find the gps. LM might should not have shared that..., but, I'd likely have done the same thing if I'd found something stuck to the exhaust of my vehicle and had no clue why/how it got there. Then again, I might just have called out LE, the local fire dept., emergency squad, local newspaper, and anyone else I could think of, to come and check to see if someone had snuck onto my land, and placed a tiny explosive device onto my vehicle, seeing as how it was right at the one year anniversary of the murders of my family members.)

http://www.wkyc.com/news/crime/warr...-on-truck-of-rhoden-victims-brother/440076082

Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles shows the title of the truck was transferred to a Pike County owner on March 2, 2017. The record does not list the owner's name. The truck was purchased for $200 with 227,793 miles on it, the state record said. (LM did say, in this article, that JM had just bought the truck.) It's just weird. That's not even an exorbitant amount of mileage on a 20 year old vehicle.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

BBM

BBM

I'd be fit to be tied. I've never been in LM's position, and hope I never am, I can't begin to imagine his family's, and R's, heartache, but a vehicle is just a vehicle. One of my kids had a really bad accident. The vehicle went airborne and landed in a tree and then nose-dived into the earth. We were called to meet the ambulance at the E.R. The tow companies take turns taking wrecks to make it fair for everyone. We had no clue where their vehicle was at, and honestly didn't think about the vehicle for a couple of days or so after the accident.

I just don't think that the R's were into high-end trafficking, that's not to say that maybe some decisions they made, with their marijuana grows, didn't get them into something that caused this. I agree w/you that LM may have been a bit concerned that JM left something in that truck, that could have caused him trouble, even if he had nothing physically to do w/his family's murders. LM was pretty much making threats toward LE that he was going to "talk" if the truck wasn't released. It didn't seem as if LE was concerned though.

Re; Moonshine. It's still made. A little while back, a friend of mine dropped off a quart jar, that his grandpa had made. However, it is becoming legal. It's already legal in TN, KY, and a couple more states. I don't think it is legal in Ohio yet. You do have to have a permit though. You can't just set up a still in your backyard.

I hope this is not against TOS. It was bugging me about the LM interview. Here's a link to the video and I'm putting the transcript beneath the video.

https://youtu.be/yiMHgg8Rq98

Transcript:
Give the video about :15 seconds to start. The first couple of questions are scrambled so the first few seconds are solely from my transcript:

NR-10: How close are you to the crimescenes?

LM: Half a mile

NR-10: What has it been like to experience all of this?

LM: Well if you really wanna know, that's my daughter and all of them laying up there,

Start of video/audio--------------------------

LM cont'd: They won't do nothin about it. And they impound my boy's truck, I mean...

NR-10: Do you have any idea why someone would do this?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, I think, you know I ain't gonna say right now.I'm gonna give them an hour, and if they don't release that truck and stuff then I'm gonna say a couple of words.Thank you

NR-10: What's the truck?

LM: Huh?

NR-10: What you said you'd do if they don't release
the truck?

LM: Not my truck, my boy's truck. Now he went out there and he had a fictitous tag on it, and I mean,
they said it was, that he could leave it up there. Okay... They let my daughter and my grandson take their cars, okay? Saturday evening we had a big conflict up here with the deputies and things some of them is snots, I mean pure snots!

NR-10: LM, which, which, victim are you related to?

LM: DM

NR-10: You're related to DM she is your...

LM: Daughter

NR-10: She's your daughter? Did you have any suspicion at all that...

LM: Well, I ain't gonna say, cause it's gonna interfere with them out there.I, let's put it this way, I give them two chances, and I give them a chance Saturday and I asked DeWayne over there at the church in front of 150 people, if, but you need to... If you want some information you need to go down to the Lawshe nursing home and talk to the people down there.

NR-10: Did your daughter ever fear for her safety up here?

LM: Well, I ain't gonna say that neither. You know, I promised them I'd wait an hour.

NR-10: LM, what would you want people to know about your daughter?

LM: Well, she'd give you the shirt off your back. She worked hard and she took care of the old people in the nursing home, went to people's houses. I mean if you want anything on my daughter go to Peebles ask anyone how close the family was. But, I mean, you know, there's alot of things that's been covered up right here in Pike County.

NR-10: LM, what's been covered up? What do you think?

LM: No No I can't say that... yet.

NR-10: Tell us how you found out the news about your daughter.

LM: Well, my daughter feeds them animals out there every morning, BJM the one that made the 911 call. She got the key to the place. She went in found my grandson and his girlfriend dead. Went down found my son in law and his cousin dead. Then she come out and got me and I went out there and my boy went to my daughter's house and they found them. My daughter, her daughter and her son.

NR-10: Who's home was your daughter in, was she in her home or

LM: She was in her home that she just bought.

NR-10: They just bought it. Okay

NR-10: How's the family holding up right now? How are you doing?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, you know if you was in my shoes and they come to your house at 3:30 in the morning after questioning your daughter, and your son, and your grandson, and say we're going to take you back over there for more questioning. Now how would you feel? Then they tell you that you can
leave your truck sitting there and it's okay and then they tow it in.

NR-10:What would you like to tell if the person or persons responsible is watching this tonight? What do you want to tell the persons responsible?

LM: Well, I think they're a bunch of *******s.

NR-10: Do you think it's possible for someone to drive up this road and commit this without anyone
seeing anything?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, it's really possible and you know whoever done it knew the family,cause there was two dogs there that would eat you up but I ain't gonna say no more.

NR-10: What's your last name LM?

LM: M*****

NR-10: M * * * * y?

NR-10: Are you worried about any other members of your family?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, you know, I asked the Sheriff and Senator whatever you want to call it over there at the church I didn't get no answer and I told him in front of 150 people that I was gonna load my gun and if they a deputy or somethin' come to my house, and he kicks on the door, instead of sayin' he's a deputy or somethin, Look out.

NR-10: Thanks LM thank you

Rsd, I noticed LM says Bjm found FR and HHG then she went to CRsr's. I believe this. But here's a question for anyone, why did she go to Frankie's first? LM said she "feed" the animals everyday. She mentions in her interview that she feed CRsr's animals, but Frankie had animals to. What made her go to Frankie's first? What reason would she have had?

Rsd, I noticed LM says Bjm found FR and HHG then she went to CRsr's. I believe this. But here's a question for anyone, why did she go to Frankie's first? LM said she "feed" the animals everyday. She mentions in her interview that she feed CRsr's animals, but Frankie had animals to. What made her go to Frankie's first? What reason would she have had?

That is a good question. Maybe she fed both lots of animals, or maybe Hannah would be up (having a baby) when she usually went there and thought it was odd that it was all really quiet.

Still going with my thoughts above, Bjm said she saw CRsr's truck still parked in it's place and noticed the dogs out on his porch. Which she thought was out of place. Then when did she notice that, and what made her go to Frankie's first. I see why LE thinks the Manley's are not telling the truth, because it seems their not. I remember somewhere early on in an article that Leonard was picking up scrap metal or parts at CRsr's property (after the murders). I wonder if LE wanted to search JM's truck because they suspected things may have been taken from the crime scenes that morning before LE arrived? I don't understand the Manley family, on one hand I feel for them, but then I read some things about them that sound kinda shady. One thing IMO that I do believe, is these families were up in each others business way to much!!! It seems to me that gossip and judging each other is their favorite "sport". But now when all they know would break this case , nothing but silence! Are they protecting themselves or someone else? I really believe the Manleys know who did this. JMO

I hope this is not against TOS. It was bugging me about the LM interview. Here's a link to the video and I'm putting the transcript beneath the video.

https://youtu.be/yiMHgg8Rq98

Transcript:
Give the video about :15 seconds to start. The first couple of questions are scrambled so the first few seconds are solely from my transcript:

NR-10: How close are you to the crimescenes?

LM: Half a mile

NR-10: What has it been like to experience all of this?

LM: Well if you really wanna know, that's my daughter and all of them laying up there,

Start of video/audio--------------------------

LM cont'd: They won't do nothin about it. And they impound my boy's truck, I mean...

NR-10: Do you have any idea why someone would do this?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, I think, you know I ain't gonna say right now.I'm gonna give them an hour, and if they don't release that truck and stuff then I'm gonna say a couple of words.Thank you

NR-10: What's the truck?

LM: Huh?

NR-10: What you said you'd do if they don't release
the truck?

LM: Not my truck, my boy's truck. Now he went out there and he had a fictitous tag on it, and I mean,
they said it was, that he could leave it up there. Okay... They let my daughter and my grandson take their cars, okay? Saturday evening we had a big conflict up here with the deputies and things some of them is snots, I mean pure snots!

NR-10: LM, which, which, victim are you related to?

LM: DM

NR-10: You're related to DM she is your...

LM: Daughter

LM: Well, I ain't gonna say, cause it's gonna interfere with them out there.I, let's put it this way, I give them two chances, and I give them a chance Saturday and I asked DeWayne over there at the church in front of 150 people, if, but you need to... If you want some information you need to go down to the Lawshe nursing home and talk to the people down there.

LM: Well, I ain't gonna say that neither. You know, I promised them I'd wait an hour.

NR-10: LM, what would you want people to know about your daughter?

LM: Well, she'd give you the shirt off your back. She worked hard and she took care of the old people in the nursing home, went to people's houses. I mean if you want anything on my daughter go to Peebles ask anyone how close the family was. But, I mean, you know, there's alot of things that's been covered up right here in Pike County.

NR-10: Tell us how you found out the news about your daughter.

LM: Well, my daughter feeds them animals out there every morning, BJM the one that made the 911 call. She got the key to the place. She went in found my grandson and his girlfriend dead. Went down found my son in law and his cousin dead. Then she come out and got me and I went out there and my boy went to my daughter's house and they found them. My daughter, her daughter and her son.

NR-10: Who's home was your daughter in, was she in her home or

LM: She was in her home that she just bought.

NR-10: They just bought it. Okay

NR-10: How's the family holding up right now? How are you doing?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, you know if you was in my shoes and they come to your house at 3:30 in the morning after questioning your daughter, and your son, and your grandson, and say we're going to take you back over there for more questioning. Now how would you feel? Then they tell you that you can
leave your truck sitting there and it's okay and then they tow it in.

NR-10:What would you like to tell if the person or persons responsible is watching this tonight? What do you want to tell the persons responsible?

LM: Well, I think they're a bunch of *******s.

NR-10: Do you think it's possible for someone to drive up this road and commit this without anyone
seeing anything?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, it's really possible and you know whoever done it knew the family,cause there was two dogs there that would eat you up but I ain't gonna say no more.

NR-10: What's your last name LM?

LM: M*****

NR-10: M * * * * y?

NR-10: Are you worried about any other members of your family?

LM: Well, let's put it this way, you know, I asked the Sheriff and Senator whatever you want to call it over there at the church I didn't get no answer and I told him in front of 150 people that I was gonna load my gun and if they a deputy or somethin' come to my house, and he kicks on the door, instead of sayin' he's a deputy or somethin, Look out.

NR-10: Thanks LM thank you

​BBM

A lot has been said about what LM meant when he said go to Lawshe nursing home and talk to them. I do not think he meant to ask about DM's character. The context he said it in does not indicate that. Rather it implies that the people at the nursing home would know why she was killed.

IIRC a witness from the nursing home said that DR received a phone call that night right before she got off work that upset her to the point she was crying. That witness also said she told them she had made a mistake. To me this statement of LM's implies that if the reporter wants to know why his daughter was killed they should ask the employees at the nursing home.

When asked if his daughter feared for his safety, he did not deny that she did. He just said if they did not give his son his truck back he would start talking.

LM is a man with a deep distrust of those in law enforcement. I have tried to put myself in his position, but it is impossible for me as I have several close family members who work for the federal government, some in law enforcement and clients who are law enforcement officers on the federal, state and local level. I have never had any reason to mistrust LE. I know there are posters on here who know how he feels but for me the life experiences are just not there.

That being said to me this statement he made implies that he thinks LE had something to do with the murders or some other illegal enterprise going on in Pike County.

But, I mean, you know, there's alot of things that's been covered up right here in Pike County.

I wonder if at that early stage that LM thought the PCSO was involved in the murders. Or if LE was involved in some illegal activities that LM personally knew about. I also wonder if he was implying that the murders was a direct result of the conflict with PCSO the prior Saturday? If the reason DR was upset that night was because of that prior conflict and something arising out of it? Such as CR1 being involved in a fight and LE taking the side of the other combatant? There is so much we don't know, but I think for some reason LM thought DR's co-workers knew why she was killed.

BBM

I'd be fit to be tied. I've never been in LM's position, and hope I never am, I can't begin to imagine his family's, and R's, heartache, but a vehicle is just a vehicle. One of my kids had a really bad accident. The vehicle went airborne and landed in a tree and then nose-dived into the earth. We were called to meet the ambulance at the E.R. The tow companies take turns taking wrecks to make it fair for everyone. We had no clue where their vehicle was at, and honestly didn't think about the vehicle for a couple of days or so after the accident.

I just don't think that the R's were into high-end trafficking, that's not to say that maybe some decisions they made, with their marijuana grows, didn't get them into something that caused this. I agree w/you that LM may have been a bit concerned that JM left something in that truck, that could have caused him trouble, even if he had nothing physically to do w/his family's murders. LM was pretty much making threats toward LE that he was going to "talk" if the truck wasn't released. It didn't seem as if LE was concerned though.

Re; Moonshine. It's still made. A little while back, a friend of mine dropped off a quart jar, that his grandpa had made. However, it is becoming legal. It's already legal in TN, KY, and a couple more states. I don't think it is legal in Ohio yet. You do have to have a permit though. You can't just set up a still in your backyard.

Well...to a degree Moonshine is legal. I'm in Tennessee and the percentage of alcohol allowed in Moonshine to be sold in liquor stores is low. I can't remember the percentage, but the real shine I can get has a much higher alcohol content. My friends that drink it won't buy the stuff in stores. Same goes for homemade wine. My friend's grandad makes gooseberry wine that is STOUT. Can't buy that in stores either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288