Dylan Redwine's father arrested in connection to son's death 22 July 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the K9 smelling out human remains at MR's house:

The indictment says that the dog came in August of 2013, and that it hit on the clothes MR was wearing the night Dylan was last seen alive. Does that mean they hadn't been washed? Or can a dog smell stuff like that after a suspect washes the clothing? Would the dog hit on the washer if only the clothing in question or something like towels from the clean up were washed, or would a body need to be in or on the machine to have the smell?

My neice was murdered 9 years ago , when they brought the dogs into the murderers home they went crazy by his washing machine , one even jumped on top of it .
He had washed the comforter he had wrapped her dead little body in after returning from disposing of her .

Wish Dylan was packing up for his first year at college, too. I'm so glad this young man is hanging on to that basektball.

It's a connection that is bittersweet.

As Tom Hanks would express... Wilson!

Not making light of it with my analogy, but just showing the attachment he must have to that ball.

Bittersweet,and brings tears to my eyes .

My neice was murdered 9 years ago , when they brought the dogs into the murderers home they went crazy by his washing machine , one even jumped on top of it .
He had washed the comforter he had wrapped her dead little body in after returning from disposing of her .

Oh my gosh. I'm very sorry to hear about your niece. I hope that her killer is put away for life.

It amazes me that these dogs are so sensitive to smell that they can smell it long after the fact.

I took the weekend off news because of a family get together so I am just now learning that justice is finally catching up with MR. I was so afraid this case would go the way of HaLeigh Cummings, Hailey Dunn, Ayla Reynolds, Lisa Irwin and Kyron Horman. I think the spate of what many of us considered to be "crazy" verdicts in high profile cases led some prosecutors to fear proceeding without an air tight case. Considering what we've learned of the evidence, the new DA must have made the difference in deciding to proceed. And thank goodness for that.

Folks tomorrow what time is the presser interested in either Mountain or Pacific time zone

Denver7 legal analyst on Dylan Redwine case: Most harmful evidence against father is son's blood
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...harmful-evidence-against-father-is-sons-blood

"Redwine is scheduled for his first court appearance in Whatcom County Superior Court in Bellingham, Wash., on Monday at 3 p.m., where he will officially learn he’s charged with second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death.

Each charge could bring 48 years in prison.

Redwine will also have to answer if he will waive extradition. If he says yes, that will get him back to Colorado faster and start the speed trial clock."
That would be 3 p.m. Seattle time, so PST. I was thinking of CO time. I hope we get video!!!!!

48 years in prison is too little he should get lwop

Finally MR is appearing in court. After hearing Tricia list the string of evidence that had been documented in the case, I was shocked that an arrest had not happened earlier. As I recall, years ago Tricia had interviewed MR for her radio show, and he would not stop acting as though he was a victim. IMO, it's unlikely he'll admit to being a child abusing murderer, and that a trial will eventually happen. Here's hoping he gets the max on both counts, and that he must serve them consecutively, not concurrently.

Reposting and bumping the 5 page grand jury indictment... I'm no good at this... perhaps others can upload screenshots for those that cannot view links...I got the first half

http://www.co.laplata.co.us/UserFil...orney/Documents/redwine_indictment_072017.pdf

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thank-you.

What a .

Rest in peace now, Dylan.

Most of the murders of children at the hands of their parents occur when they're under age ten. Which made this case a little unusual. I think it shows how psychopathic this person is, really.

Plus there has to be consideration on what would be admissible. Defense lawyers always seem to find ways to put the squash on some things. The comment he said to his brother about not finding the skull would that be hearsay? Reading about the blood found and the scent dogs hitting on a deceased person seems like slam dunk to me but something made them wait to charge him. I ha e to believe the DA takes this all into consideration and knows what he/she is doing and brought 2nd degree charges because that's what they can make stick. Moo.

His statements are not hearsay because they're party
admissions. As long as his brother testified.

Its interesting. The FBI profiler stated they didn't have enough evidence to take it trial yet but now they do and I don't see anything new, that they didn't know in 2013. Confusing!!

His statements are not hearsay because they're party
admissions. As long as his brother testified.

Its interesting. The FBI profiler stated they didn't have enough evidence to take it trial yet but now they do and I don't see anything new, that they didn't know in 2013. Confusing!!

His skull wasn't found until 2015, but that still seems like a long time to wait. MOO

To play the devils advocate for the sake of trial...
Who's to say that an intruder don't come in during the night and harm then kidnap Dylan. I'm worried that the defense can work around this. He was a cute blond/blue eyes boy that traffickers would have loved. In the process of the kidnapping something went wrong and that caused blood drops and his death. The washing machine and/or truck may be mistakes.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Who's to say that an intruder don't come in during the night and harm then kidnap Dylan. I'm worried that the defense can work around this. He was a cute blond/blue eyes boy that traffickers would have loved. In the process of the kidnapping something went wrong and that caused blood drops and his death. The washing machine and/or truck may be mistakes.

Except that his father said that he tried to wake him, didn't he?

That would be hard to sell to a jury. With the dad there he wouldn't have heard commotion of what the evidence seems to show a violent struggle? As you say the washing machine, clothes, truck would also be hard to fit with that story. The other thing is I was lurking then not yet posting but seem to remember his dad said he was fine the next morning when he left to go run errands. He may try to say a stranger came and did all that while he was gone. That is pretty much what he claimed, something happened while he was gone to town. It will be interesting to see what the defense actually comes up with to try to make something match up with MRs stories and evidence. I doubt he will plead guilty so sure it will go to trial. I am thinking this might end up being one of those cases where they try insanity or something like that.

Qmfr:
Former FBI profiler shares insight into Dylan Redwine’s case, dad’s*arrest
http://kdvr.com/2017/07/23/former-fbi-profiler-shares-insight-into-dylan-redwines-case-dads-arrest/

Headline has been updated:

Former FBI profiler leads authorities to arrest father in Dylan Redwine case
http://kdvr.com/2017/07/23/former-fbi-profiler-shares-insight-into-dylan-redwines-case-dads-arrest/

"He spent months combing through evidence and reports.

"You name it, I looked at it," Klismet said.

The behavioral scientist also studied Mark Redwine's behavior, including his appearance on the "Dr. Phil Show" in which Mark Redwine refused to take a lie detector test.

"In looking at the reports, the things Mark was saying didn't seem to mix well with everything else," Klismet said.

Klismet said he explored different options, but continued to come back to the same answer.

"I came to an inescapable conclusion. It had to be Mark," Klismet said."

It's been so long but I believe there were something like 5 (?) RSOs living in the area who have all been questioned and cleared.

Also, if I remember correctly, there was a story about an unrecognized vehicle that stopped for gas and the guy was asking weird questions...or something along these lines. Again, this story was proven to be false.

There are a soooo many threads to read through, multiple interviews to watch, Facebook postings from people in the know, plus the Dr.Phil episodes where you can find the many lies, manipulations and inconsistent statements from Mark Redwine.

Every single angle has been questioned repeatedly. You really need to look for yourself to see that there is only one answer.

Dylan Redwine case: What to know as teen's father Mark Redwine faces murder charges
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ath-as-his-father-mark-answers-murder-charges

"The Redwine case moving forward

When Mark Redwine appears in court at 4 p.m. M.T., it will be his first court appearance in Whatcom County Superior Court.*

Eventually, courts and police will work together to approve extradition, which is frequently handled by U.S. Marshals when moving detained suspects across state lines.

Redwine will not be formally charged with second-degree murder until he is back in La Plata County."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member