IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I live in ND and hadn't even heard of this until the sketch was released. And I'm online quite a bit and plugged into the news. My boyfriend hadn't heard of it either until I told him about it this week. :/

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Same here in SC. However, I had heard of the case because I followed cases and saw it on Websleuths plus Nancy Grace I believe. Hope the killer is found soon.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Same here in East Texas. Nothing much at all until the sketch.

A word of caution to others ... I pd $22 online in May to a place called Town Tees or something like that (no time to look it up right now but will later if asked to) but NEVER RECEIVED tie-dye Libby & Abby tree of life shirt "to benefit softball park" plans. Money was taken from my account & I emailed them AND called them several times ...got no reply. A scam? IDK. May TODAY be the day of justice for our two sweet girls! :copcar::heartbeat:

That's awful but it was very kind of you do so.

I just hope the publicity of the case doesn't dry up now the sketch has been released. They need to get the sketch out to as many people as possible.

It's not well known in my area of Ohio. Only about 3 out of maybe 35-40 people that I have mentioned it to had any knowledge about this case. That is sad and scary IMO!

A word of caution to others ... I pd $22 online in May to a place called Town Tees or something like that (no time to look it up right now but will later if asked to) but NEVER RECEIVED tie-dye Libby & Abby tree of life shirt "to benefit softball park" plans. Money was taken from my account & I emailed them AND called them several times ...got no reply. A scam? IDK. May TODAY be the day of justice for our two sweet girls! :copcar::heartbeat:

oh no.. I hope it was a mistake but I would get to the bottom of it if it was me. Their website looks legit
http://design.hometownshirts.com/libbyandabby

BBM
That's really unusual. A recessive gene is responsible for blue eyes, so 2 people with blue eyes shouldn't be able to produce a child with brown eyes. I guess there's still a lot that science doesn't know. I'm not suggesting that you're not wrong about their eye color or that some must have had a different parent (I've known a few other people who had the same experience), but that the science doesn't appear to be set in stone. MOO
"You need a working HERC2 and a working OCA2 to have brown eyes and because the 2 genes depend on each other, it is possible for someone to actually be a carrier of a dominant trait like brown eyes. If 2 blue eyed parents are carriers, then they can have a brown eyed child." genetics.thetech.org :) (We never learned that in high school biology in 1966.)

:welcome: to Websleuths, Yemelyan !! We're glad you've joined us !!:cheer::cheer:

He looks like he has blue eyes..... I wonder why they are saying Hazel, unless his eyes change colors depending on light..
My mother and a good friend of mine each had hazel eyes. Depending on what they wore, the eye color would pick up the color of a shirt, blouse, etc. Green was a very effective color for them to wear -- their eyes were green; their eyes could be brown or even grey, depending on clothing. Blue was not as effective, but a bit of blue could certainly been seen, too. And light does affect hazel eyes, but not as much as clothing could.

I can see how that might be a possible interpretation if one were to base a conclusion on this article alone. However, in conjunction with other articles concerning the DNA evidence, it seems pretty apparent that DNA was collected as well as fast-tracked (eg. a second article also just posted in this thread):

The Carrol County Sheriff walked back his quote about DNA specifically, said he meant evidence in general. IMO I think he slipped and said DNA when they didn't want that out there for some reason. Just letting you know he did walk it back:

"DELPHI, Ind. — Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby clarified his on-air comments from a Thursday interview during a Fox59 report, noting he didn't intend to confirm or deny that investigators collected DNA evidence in the double homicide investigation of Abby Williams and Liberty German.

During the interview, Fox 59 anchors asked Leazenby about DNA, and the TV station's report said investigators acquired DNA evidence during the investigation of the case. However, Leazenby said he was speaking about physical evidence in general and not about DNA evidence in particular."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...riff-clarifies-reports-dna-evidence/98351378/

i wonder what BG is doing right now... i wonder where he is at this moment. is he scared? is he laughing?

this is the quintessential 'boogeyman', like in those campfire stories you heard as a kid.

if he's from the delphi and surrounding area, i wonder if he's a person who works from home, doesn't live near parents (or has older impaired parents that he takes care of and they don't have access to what's going in the area unless he tells them), doesn't have many friends not online.

he was free on monday. when i think about shifts, he would have missed first shift and second because the actual abduction timeline would have him there during the day/evening shift change. if he had a night shift, that means he would have had to have left the girls where they were killed with no time to clean up and arrive at work without any suspicious marks, blood, or obvious nervousness, keeping hidden from the searchers in stealth mode.

maybe he works in the computer tech field?

or not! i don't know just speculating. trying to throw some stuff into the idea box.

:wagon:to Websleuths, :uk: Westgate !! :uk: We're glad you're here !!

My mother and a good friend of mine each had hazel eyes. Depending on what they wore, the eye color would pick up the color of a shirt, blouse, etc. Green was a very effective color for them to wear -- their eyes were green; their eyes could be brown or even grey, depending on clothing. Blue was not as effective, but a bit of blue could certainly been seen, too. And light does affect hazel eyes, but not as much as clothing could.

I just went through this with my son at the Department of Motor Vehicles. I've already considered his eyes to be blue, but they have quite a bit of gold flecks and sometimes appear quite green. The lady at the DMV after consulting with a few of her colleagues decided on Hazel. Any idea how awkward it was for my 15 year old introverted son to have a bunch of middle aged ladies stare into his eyes? :laughcry: My eyes are hazel but of the green/golden brown variety.

Yes bordem - thank you! I have green eyes and depending on my clothes they do change colors. Cat eyes!

I just went through this with my son at the Department of Motor Vehicles. I've already considered his eyes to be blue, but they have quite a bit of gold flecks and sometimes appear quite green. The lady at the DMV after consulting with a few of her colleagues decided on Hazel. Any idea how awkward it was for my 15 year old introverted son to have a bunch of middle aged ladies stare into his eyes? :laughcry: My eyes are hazel but of the green/golden brown variety.

Poor baby!!!:gaah: awe!! My DL has GRN as the eye color......

:welcome: to Websleuths, nora.e.hyde !! We're glad you've joined us !!:cheer::cheer:

I don't know. I live in ND and hadn't even heard of this until the sketch was released. And I'm online quite a bit and plugged into the news. My boyfriend hadn't heard of it either until I told him about it this week. :/

Now i find that interesting how you in ND had not heard about this but when the sketch was released....it hit ND.

Now i find that interesting how you in ND had not heard about this but when the sketch was released....it hit ND.
It came up on Facebook like crazy, so I'm not sure if it has really anything to do with being released specifically to ND. It was just trending on FB, and before that I hadn't ever heard anything locally about it on the news or seen billboards or anything like that.

:welcome: to Websleuths, bostonslikk !! :cheer: We're glad you've joined us !!:cheer:

I hope you will receive it despite the long, long, wait. And I very much hope that place is not a scam -- that is despicable and low-down if it is. Let's just hope they're legit & had so many orders, they're way behind in production. Grrrrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam