PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why people are baffled at a motive for this case. Seems pretty obvious to me that the husband wanted to get rid of her so he wouldn't have to pay child support and share custody. And court-ordered child support is an unfortunate situation for everyone involved-- I mean, it's better than the old days, when the woman and child were just abandoned and left to fend for themselves- but it's also often very hard on the men who have a huge chunk of their paycheck taken out. And often times they just get screwed. So in trying to protect the women & children, it also sets up a scenario for women (&/or children) get murdered. And also murder/suicides.
There's really no easy answers in separations/divorces. But this is one case where the motive appears to be not mysterious at all.
However he moved away and he's been investigated, and interviewed since he moved- and comes off as pretty defensive and insists that he's innocent. There's just no proof. But think about it- the coincidence of her disappearing- WITH a former boyfriend- at EXACTLY the time she was separating from her husband, and wanting to take her son.. the possibility of something randomly happening for no reason (or for a different reasons) is pretty slim. Yes it's certainly possible something random happened, and I would feel sorry for him if her really WERE innocent, BUT......... come on.

I agree with everything you sad, reb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just finished the episode. Was suprised it ended with such a claim as the hit for hire. Thought for sure they had driven into a river.
Seems random that they would be killed on a night out when they could have just gone to the second band with their friends. unless the person waited near their car for them to come back at any time. I hope there is answers one day and the leads they have are actually credible.

I just want to throw my two cents out here… I lived about four blocks away from where this happened. Because this was big in the news I clearly remember the evening it happened. It was cold and very windy… It was a miserable night to be outside. Very unlikely that this was a random double abduction...it had to be planned. Furthermore, it was not a particularly bad neighborhood, and the location is surrounded by popular bars and restaurants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just happened across an article about this case so started reading up on it. This is a head scratcher for sure!!! I'm sure this reward has already been posted somewhere in these threads, but sharing anyway. Sometimes $$ is a good motivator.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/richard-petrone
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $15,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone involved in the disappearance of Richard Petrone and Danielle Imbo.

This article implicates her ex as a contract to hire job without actually calling him out.
http://abc7chicago.com/news/couple-still-missing-10-years-after-leaving-bar/513011/
A twist in the case came in 2008 when the FBI said evidence seems to suggest they were targets of a murder-for-hire plot.

The FBI has questioned Imbo's estranged husband, Joe Imbo, many times. Just days before he vanished, Petrone told his father he had angry words with Joe Imbo over the phone.

"He said "I got, like, 25 or 30 phone calls from this kid.' I said, 'What did he want?'" said Richard Sr. "'He kept telling me 'stay away from her, leave her alone, he's her husband.''"

However, the FBI will not call Joe Imbo, who now lives in South Carolina, a person of interest as they launch a cold case investigation.

"We're not identifying anybody as a suspect, but we're not ruling anyone out. Everybody is ruled in at this point," said J.J. Klaver of the FBI.

I'm sure somebody knows, but did LE determine that they did not cross into New Jersey.

The bridges are toll bridges, but the toll is only for cars bound for PA. Checking Patrone's EZ Pass would not show if he entered or not.

Is there any reason we should not think they are in the water somewhere?

[h=1]FBI still searching for couple missing after visit to Pa. bar 13 years ago[/h]
fbi-still-searching-for-couple-missing-after-visit-to-pa-bar-13-years-agojpg-2bb8f91f59190067.jpg

How does a couple simply vanish into thin air without a trace?

Yet it happened in Philadelphia 13 years ago Monday, and the FBI is still searching for clues in the baffling case.

As 6ABC reports, Richard Petrone, Jr. and Danielle Imbo disappeared after leaving a South Street Philadelphia bar then known as Abilene's around 11:45 p.m. on Saturday, February 19, 2005.

At the time, the two were headed to Imbo's Mount Laurel, New Jersey, riding in Petrone's Black 2001 Dodge Dakota pickup, but no one knows if they ever made it, 6ABC writes, adding:

The FBI says an extensive investigation to date has generated some promising leads. However, neither the couple nor the vehicle have ever been located.
Yet, the agency is still asking for the public's help in solving the case.
Read more: http://www.pennlive.com/daily-buzz/2018/02/fbi_still_searching_for_couple.html

Well, the authorities have searched any nearby water pretty extensively, and they’ve apparently moved on to the possibility of a murder for hire probably because of information that they won’t divulge. Having said that, if we heard that they’ve finally been found in some body of water, in the truck, it wouldn’t surprise me-but I’d be even less surprised to hear they had evidence that they’d been murdered. The FBI put the contract killing possibility out there deliberately, so it seems that they really don’t think they disappeared by accident.

I just saw this case on Disappeared. In my opinion, this is how things happened:
the ex of Danielle did not want to pay child support and was angry she was dating again and asked someone to "take care" of them (either by bumping into them on a bridge to make the truck go over or by killing them and stealing the truck). Those vehicles can travel pretty far after they hit a current. It is difficult to search all the possible areas. I hope they are found soon.

After reading much on this, watching Investigation Discovery program and then the Trace Evidence podcast (https://www.trace-evidence.com/episodes/ episode # 35) I've tended to move away from the murder for hire. I have a tendency to believe it was car jacking gone bad, one of them was killed or seriously injured and the car jacker(s) believed they had to get rid of witnesses. The vehicle could have ended up in junk yard compactor or chopped up for parts. I wonder how popular the Dodge Dakota was among car thieves in 2005.

Does anyone consider murder suicide theory? We knew these two separated for five weeks, and this was the first time they went out, what if Richard Petrone thought this date was more important than Danielle? And then thing went out of hand ?

Does anyone consider murder suicide theory? We knew these two separated for five weeks, and this was the first time they went out, what if Richard Petrone thought this date was more important than Danielle? And then thing went out of hand ?

The truck is missing. If it had been abandoned, it might be likely.

The truck is missing. If it had been abandoned, it might be likely.

Richard could drive the truck with both him and the body of Danielle into river from a place far from the route they supposed travel ? Of course the carjack went wrong was very much possible too

After all this time, I don’t even care which theory* is correct. I just wish both the families could lay them to rest and have a little peace.

Have either or both ever been declared legally dead?

*I lean towards the murder for hire b/c I don’t think the FBI makes statements like they did lightly. Also b/c of what an insider said about a contentious divorce. I’d like to read those records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the Cooper River deep enough to hold a vehicle? Using Google maps, this would have been the likely route for them driving back home to Imbo's place. This is the only entry point into a river that isn't barricaded in some way.
Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member