Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

Hoping for closure for this person's family....[emoji25]

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

According to a press release from the South Salt Lake Police Department, officers were called to the area of 135 West and 2950 South around 4 p.m. on a report of a body floating in the nearby Mill Creek.

Officers located, “what appears to be a male body that had become lodged on some debris at 235 West and 2590 South,” the press release states.

“Not a whole lot [of information] right now, they did say that the body is in advanced stages of decomposition,” said Executive Officer Gary Keller, a spokesman for South Salt Lake Police. “So we don’t know if it’s a… it appears to be a male. We have no identity on the body at this time, so not a whole lot to go on.”
http://fox13now.com/2017/08/13/police-recover-body-in-creek-in-south-salt-lake/

Strange...I tried to read the comments from three different devices and it would only show 3 comments which were all emojis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn't anything telling in the comments. You're not missing anything.

It's only been 15 days. Would that count as "advanced?"

18 days. In water. In the summer. Yes. He would be in advanced decomp and probably not have a recognizable face by now. JMO.

18 days. In water. In the summer. Yes. He would be in advanced decomp and probably not have a recognizable face by now. JMO.

I was going by what his wife said. Yesterday she said 15 days so that's what I remembered. Today she said 17.
Either way... I guess "advanced" to me means skeletal. That probably isn't the technical term.
Between the hair and the tattoo I thought maybe they'd at least have an idea.

I was just recalling Baby Bella when I was thinking it hadn't been that long.
She was in the water for a month in June I believe. Maybe it wasn't as hot there.

RSBM....

But, but, but...how does a suicide end up in a creek?

:thinking:

You can kill yourself anywhere really.
We had a good friend who killed himself on the top of a waterfall. So he technically landed in a creek.

I was going by what his wife said. Yesterday she said 15 days so that's what I remembered. Today she said 17.
Either way... I guess "advanced" to me means skeletal. That probably isn't the technical term.
Between the hair and the tattoo I thought maybe they'd at least have an idea.

I was just recalling Baby Bella when I was thinking it hadn't been that long.
She was in the water for a month in June I believe. Maybe it wasn't as hot there.

His mom posted today on the "Bring Paul Home" page that it has been 18 days so that's what I went by. Either way though, he has been gone over 2 weeks. The remains LE found today are not likely to be skeletal because they said they are male within a few hours of finding them. With skeletal remains they would not know the sex so soon. Even if the clothes look male they would usually wait for a forensic anthropologist to examine the bones in a lab before saying anything about gender to the press. This is just my opinion though based on following many unidentified remains cases here.

ETA: Also as far as the hair and tattoos... that very well may be how they will identify him or rule out this man being Paul...

I don't think that "advanced state of decomposition" necessarily means "skeletal".
A body that has been in the water for two weeks would become severely water logged and bloated. The person's features would become distorted. There would likely also be evidence of animal interference.
Without knowing more details, it is impossible to speculate how this man died in the creek. It could have been of a gunshot wound, and he chose to do it in the creek.
It also could have been a case of a drug deal gone bad and he was killed and deposited in the creek.
Time will tell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back