Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was her first day back to work.
She probably expected him to be home to greet her. The fact the house was dark and locked must have come as a surprise.

I understand the texts about the truck being there because it really didn't make sense that his truck was there but he was nowhere to be found.

<modsnip>

Just trying to see both sides.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

It was her 2nd day at work I think. Even if it had been her first, sometimes things unexpectedly come up that have to be taken care of. I don't think more people would automatically go into panic mode because he wasn't waiting at the door on her 2nd or 1st day back at work.

<modsnip>

There have been times in my marriage where my husband's car is home but he is not. My first thought is to text him, "where are you? Your car is here but I can't find you." If I don't hear back from him I have never thought something bad happened. I usually go to, maybe he went for a jog, maybe a friend or family member stopped by and picked him up, or maybe he's at a neighbor's house. Im sure I'll hear from him within a couple hours.

I think it would take several hours for my mind to start thinking something bad happened to him. I don't know. Were they completely dependent on each other? It sounds like they had some independence if BC took vacations without him and vice versa. Unless he had a medical problem I don't understand the immediate cause for worry. It would make more sense if we were talking about a child imo.

ETA If I walked into something that looked like a crime scene I'd act sooner. Not sure what BC walked into but since LE isn't treating this like a crime I'm assuming it wasn't cause for concern.

Per Meeks, there was no signs of struggle and nothing seemed out of place.

Pmerle,
I've read before from you that Papaw used to spoil BC. In your opinion, did BC spoil Papaw as well?

As far as the texts, I guess I'm a little different--
I don't see anything odd about BC's text content, or timing.
I would have probably said the same thing about truck here, you're not type thing...
Replying just in general to a few above posts -- MC was retired, and seemed to be pretty much set in his ways. I don't know for sure but I suspect they had a fairly consistent routine. MC was seemigly usually already home when BC got home from work - and if he wasn't going to be, he'd more than likely let her know first. So this was probably way, way out of the norm... and then not being able to contact him. I'd've been alarmed myself.
Although calling 911 within one hour is rather a bit quick.
But then again, there was some blood on the floor.
Although she thought it may have been transmission fluid.

Now, what I would find it odd is, if she had in fact, not contacted any other family or friends first, as Nosy88 was asking.
Also, I'd think it odd if she didn't send several MORE texts AFTER calling 911...
Our VI posted earlier:

This article is incorrect. She didn't arrive home until after 6. Her first text to him was saying she was that she was coming home at 5:51. After that there's a series of texts and calls - where are you, I'm home, looking for you, call me back ASAP, etc. - from 6:14 to 7:01 (with the last one being AFTER she made the 911 call).
(rbbm)
...the last "one" being made after she called 911?
I know we are all different, but all I can think is, if my hubby went missing, even after I had called 911, I would still be texting and calling him endlessly, until the next day, and the day after that... and... every day.
But then again, I guess it was obvious that he wasn't responding... and there were plenty of messages waiting for him,
But then again-again, I'm not so sure I'd be thinking very logically when I am frantic, so I'd probably still call and text 100 more times.
I am really not wanting to believe that BC has had anything to do with his disappearance... but there are some unusual things she's been doing.
I have no idea what type of person BC is...
maybe she's just very pragmatic.
That might be one of the very things that attracted MC to her in the first place.
Or maybe things are a bit more sinister. I just don't know.

btw, at first I could perhaps see him walking away from his family; but not his classic cars...
now -- I can see him maybe walking away from his wife, and cars;
but not his lovely daughters and grandchildren, and great-grandchildren...
I don't think he'd willingly put them through this.

ALL jmoo... :(

It was her 2nd day at work I think. Even if it had been her first, sometimes things unexpectedly come up that have to be taken care of. I don't think more people would automatically go into panic mode because he wasn't waiting at the door on her 2nd or 1st day back at work.

<modsnip>
Yes, you are correct. But it seems there were others that were in a panic too.

<modsnip>

HCSO had a helicopter up that night searching for MC.

So it seems to me that there were a number of people panicked by his absence.

Maybe it was stated that other people in the family didn't know about it for a few days. I thought I read that in here but if I'm wrong mods please delete this.

This article on the 13th or March says blood was found (but not who found it...)

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/hun...y-authorities-look-70-year-old-may-taken-home

Several posts ago was a discussion of the blood being mentioned by BC in the 911 call... perhaps that is not definitive.
Sorry... maybe it's still in question. ???

Pmerle.... my eyes are wide and my heart is broken for you. I can only imagine the range of emotions yall have been through. We are here. We get that you can only answer with what you are told. And you are brave enough to let us know when it has been found out to be something else. Yall are some strong women! Ultimate respect.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Pmerle.... my eyes are wide and my heart is broken for you. I can only imagine the range of emotions yall have been through. We are here. We get that you can only answer with what you are told. And you are brave enough to let us know when it has been found out to be something else. Yall are some strong women! Ultimate respect.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Agree completely!

Exactly. And telling him his truck is there, but she can't find him, is extremely odd. I guess that's something I might text if I knew someone else might be reading later. But maybe I'm putting too much weight on it.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
I read that as not so much telling him his truck was there, but as a reason for her concern. As in "I'm worried because your truck is here but you're not". I would probably be calling & texting too.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

My big reservation is what is the big gain with MC missing??
Of course you have the spouse that is a given IMO. But who else??

My thought is, I can't make myself think that this is random. I did in the beginning. Now, not so much. I never really pictured him as walking away either.

In a lot of cases it turns out to be greed, jealousy and marital/relationship issues. Those 3 seem to be the largest reasons. And GREED can make people do things you can't imagine. I'm not saying the greed is necessarily the spouse either. It can come from many people close.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

My big reservation is what is the big gain with MC missing??
Of course you have the spouse that is a given IMO. But who else??

My thought is, I can't make myself think that this is random. I did in the beginning. Now, not so much. I never really pictured him as walking away either.

In a lot of cases it turns out to be greed, jealousy and marital/relationship issues. Those 3 seem to be the largest reasons. And GREED can make people do things you can't imagine. I'm not saying the greed is necessarily the spouse either. It can come from many people close.

Good points, Mrs. NKY.

The one thing making me step back and look at this as unemotionlessly as I can is our VI.

She loves and believes in her Becca.
That is the one thing that gives me pause. And if we/she finds out it has all been a lie, well then, wasn't she better off believing in the best of someone she holds/held dear?

BC is an easy target. She doesn't strike me as being able to plan and carry out something so heinous and complicated.
Surely something would have been unearthed by now after reviewing her phone records and computer.

And what I hope (and now I'm not being totally unemotional and in fact, most will say I'm dreaming unicorns and rainbows) is that he's somewhere starting over. Either that or he's in heaven where he has all the classic cars he's ever dreamed of. Unfortunately, the people that this is hardest on are the ones left behind.

You're correct. I have a feeling someone else may stand to gain. BC is the one person who our VI and others believe in so she would be a perfect front. That also comes to mind with the changing stories. I don't think someone thought our VI would question BC. Possible??

You're correct. I have a feeling someone else may stand to gain. BC is the one person who our VI and others believe in so she would be a perfect front. That also comes to mind with the changing stories. I don't think someone thought our VI would question BC. Possible??

Who would gain? Everything has gone to BC. No one else has gained any money, possessions, etc.

Good points, Mrs. NKY.

BC is an easy target. She doesn't strike me as being able to plan and carry out something so heinous and complicated.
Surely something would have been unearthed by now after reviewing her phone records and computer.

Snipped for focus

I agree somewhat - I do not think BC could have done this by herself. Whoever did this did not act alone.

Who would gain? Everything has gone to BC. No one else has gained any money, possessions, etc.
Other than his classic cars and tools,
what would be gained?

A nice plot of land, a home (possibly has a mtg) a shed for the cars, the cars...etc. All I can think of is what the cost and the work would be to keep everything maintained, air conditioned, mowed, the cars kept in pristine condition and taxes). I wouldn't be surprised is she doesn't sell soon.

Now the cars.....that's another story. I wonder if there are provisions in the will that each car will go to a particular son, daughter. If not, and to be fair, I would give the family first dibs on the cars but they'd have to pay a fair market price.

She's been married to the man for 30 plus years. This is as much hers as it was his. (Unless of course, she plotted to have him taken out. Then she gets 4 gray walls and nothing else)

But quite honestly, I don't see a lot of money to be made by having him killed.
Could she retire and live off the money? She's at an age when she needs to worry about her health and long term care options for when she's older. She has kids and grandbabies.
She'll probably need to work until she's at least 67.

Yuk. This doesn't sound like good options. And if there is another man, how long before they tire of each other
and go their separate ways. Who would ever speak to her again?

So, maybe she has a good idea who hurt MC. And MC's death resulted from an argument he'd had with someone known to both of them. But, what if there's not enough evidence to go after this person?

IMO, there is more to this story than a greedy woman looking for a good time or reliving her youth again. It sounds like she had a lot of freedom when married to MC, plus lots of security and a man who by all accounts adored her.

If she is involved, I see nothing but despair and unhappiness for the rest of her life.

Emailed Sheriff Meeks, Lieutenant Seals and Investigator Phillips, suggesting a new press release or another press conference :). Will contact media sources over the next couple of days, starting with Dallas-area TV stations.

Sheriff Meeks' Email Address: rmeeks@huntcounty.net
Lieutenant Seals' Email Address: rseals@huntcounty.net
Investigator Phillips' Email Address: kphillips@huntcounty.net

Emailed Sheriff Meeks, Lieutenant Seals and Investigator Phillips, suggesting a new press release or another press conference :). Will contact media sources over the next couple of days, starting with Dallas-area TV stations.

Awesome!

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Thank you IMHO! WFAA is the station that interviewed Mr. Chamber's daughters. They have an investigator reporter by the name of Brett Shipp. Here is his bio, e-mail, etc. Perhaps he would be interested.
http://www.wfaa.com/about-us/team-bios/brett-shipp/61642327

So looking back over things I had a few questions come to mind:
1. Do we know what MCs truck looked like?
2. Was a picture of it ever released by HCSO to ask if anyone had seen it at any other locations that day? If not, why? The press conference held 3 days after he was missing would have been a prime time to do just that.
3. Is HCSO able to tell from WM footage if MC had a passenger waiting for him in his truck? Were the Windows tinted?
4.Were drive thrus (fast food restaurants) around WM checked for CCTV footage?
5. Since no one is reported to have actually seen MC return from Wal Mart how much evidence is lost in the truck because the assumption he drove it home and met with whatever caused his disappearance from there? Were the truck keys dusted for prints to see if someone else may have used them to start the truck for the return drive from WM?
6. Was MCs pickup equipped with a bed cover? Was he known to carry anything in the bed of the truck?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member