TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we've all gone back and fourth as to whether SP is a man or woman, I definitely think it's a woman. They have some really feminine mannerisms. But just watching the video again now, I noticed after sp leaves those double doors and carries on to the next door trying to get into it, that sp foot is half raised with their heel in the air. To me that is extremely feminine.
Except women close the doors behind them....men rarely do. That's my life experience, anyway.

Where is the newspaper interview that BB said the Strickland family (Missy's family of origin) was going to give? Was he mistaken, giving baloney info, trying to scuttle the interview? Or maybe it's coming soon
Any interview with the Strickland family, if there is one, has not been published yet. This is what BB said:

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/07/...and-speaks-out-for-first-time-in-over-a-year/

"... Missy’s family (the Strickland’s) will be reaching out to a local newspaper editor in the next couple of weeks. For the very first time, they will inform the public about their grieving, and struggles surrounding all of this– with this editor only. I have chosen to remain quiet until the Strickland’s have had this opportunity. My credibility in the court of public opinion is pretty much shot at this point, so I prefer the Strickland’s have this opportunity to share their experiences before I ever speak publically again. I think the public would like to hear what they have to say, and rightfully so given their silence. They are a very private, close knit family, and have my upmost respect for remaining quiet up to this point. ..."

The bolding was done by crimeonline so it looks like something they will be publishing.

Any interview with the Strickland family, if there is one, has not been published yet. This is what BB said:

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/07/...and-speaks-out-for-first-time-in-over-a-year/

"... Missy’s family (the Strickland’s) will be reaching out to a local newspaper editor in the next couple of weeks. For the very first time, they will inform the public about their grieving, and struggles surrounding all of this– with this editor only. I have chosen to remain quiet until the Strickland’s have had this opportunity. My credibility in the court of public opinion is pretty much shot at this point, so I prefer the Strickland’s have this opportunity to share their experiences before I ever speak publically again. I think the public would like to hear what they have to say, and rightfully so given their silence. They are a very private, close knit family, and have my upmost respect for remaining quiet up to this point. ..."

The bolding was done by crimeonline so it looks like something they will be publishing.

He said they would reach out to "a local newspaper editor," which doesn't sound like crimeonline. Maybe the boldface was BB's, meaning they will be talking only to the local newspaper editor.

Possibly the Strickland family interview will be timed to coincide with Missy's birthday.

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

I think killer rode a motorcycle and took to the back of the church where there are bike trails that lead to a residential street, from there he would wind up on 1387 or 663. This is how he avoided the campers and most traffic. I heard LE did not properly vet the back of that church either. Someone wanted to grid it off and go over it with a fine tooth comb. This was not done, the people in charge just seem to not care about the rear of the church as for evidence gathering.

I think LE may have had a rough time trying to check the back of that church the land is huge and it was raining so hard all the tracks and or blood if any would have been washed away quick. It just seems to me the back would be a much better escape route than 287 back to town in either direction,.

I think killer rode a motorcycle and took to the back of the church where there are bike trails that lead to a residential street, from there he would wind up on 1387 or 663. This is how he avoided the campers and most traffic. I heard LE did not properly vet the back of that church either. Someone wanted to grid it off and go over it with a fine tooth comb. This was not done, the people in charge just seem to not care about the rear of the church as for evidence gathering.

I think LE may have had a rough time trying to check the back of that church the land is huge and it was raining so hard all the tracks and or blood if any would have been washed away quick. It just seems to me the back would be a much better escape route than 287 back to town in either direction,.

Absolutely, the Back Parking Lot is where I've considered the Escape. Perhaps the use of a golf cart for the softer sound. The getaway machine needed to be subversive, covert, and effective, as well as quiet. The trail would entail rough passages and TX rocks; however, there is a land bridge that crosses North Prong Creek before NPC reaches 1387. The numerous ways to exit from the back trails are copious without using 287 at all.

MB was good friends with at least one female resident whose back yard runs along that portion of the creek. Some may recall the blurred home by google topic from last year. MB mentions this particular intersection on her FB where multi car accidents occur at 1387 and entrance into that neighborhood. There were several fender benders in one day. KS lives SE of this neighborhood and SE of the church and E off 1387.

I appreciate your post for it confirms at least one other member who does not feel the Altima is involved.

All MOHO as I do not know who murdered MB. +

I agree with most of this - IMO, the killer escaped on foot, though. (Easier to negotiate rough creek terrain and barb-wire fences on foot--especially if killer is agile and fit, which I believe he was.) That opinion (written in more detail many, many threads ago) is strengthened if it is true that LE did not do a grid search of the creek area behind the church. That surprises me, to be honest. Rain or no rain, it would be a prime area to 'lose' the SWAT gear. That, or the reservoir as you follow the creekline north.

I'm undecided on the Altima's relevance, though do believe it's possible that it was a drop-off vehicle for the killer. However, seems there'd be less conspicuous places to drop off a killer. And, I don't believe he used a vehicle for his escape.

Anyone have any new updates on the other statement (her mother and brother, I think) that was supposed to be out a few weeks after her husband's news article?

Tomorrow, Wednesday, Aug 9 would have been Missy's 47th birthday.
Few days shy of being 16 months since her senseless murder. Been forever since we got any real update. I still suprised no big outcry from locals. Killer is still out there somewhere. Have anymore SW been filed?
Praying for answers soon..
Happy Birthday in Heaven Missy! Prayers for her family. Especially her Mother. To me as a mother it would hurt my heart almost the most on the day of birth as time goes on.

Anyone have any new updates on the other statement (her mother and brother, I think) that was supposed to be out a few weeks after her husband's news article?

Any statements from her family yet

RBBM. I not sure of your source, but I do know that when the ATT Target Numbers SW was released, media and lots of people took the language from the SW to get that opinion. Also some think it appears the Suspect had a light of some sort on helmet. After viewing is gazillion times, it jmho it the reflection from the lights bouncing from the shiny helmet /grainy video.

SW they put as much stuff to cover what they find so it doesn't get tossed out.

Page 9/9 of ATT Target Numbers SW - for dates of "03/01/2016 to present day 04/24/2016" so this shows was completed on Sunday 4/24/16 but was not signed until Monday night 4/25/16

Based upon the facts and circumstances surrounding this crime of murder as presently
known by the Affiant, and in conjunction with the Affiants training and experiences in law
enforcement, crimes against persons, and criminal activity, Affiant believes and charges
that at the time of the commission of the offense of murder that the unknown suspect was
in possession of a cell phone and had been in contact in some manner with "Target
Numbers" identified above for the following purposes, without limitation: (i) confirming
through public social media sites and/or applications the updated workout times and
locations as posted by Ms. Bevers; (ii) communicating in the nature of calls, messages,
texting, emails, data, push-to-talk, and walky-talky; (iii) using smart phone capabilities to
photograph, record, and/or video the victim and the murderous act; and (iv) using
functional applications and tools such as map locator applications, clock or timing
capabilities, GPS locating applications, and flashlight.

bbm
Yay, I've always thought I was alone in rejecting the "light on the helmet" theory. Some believe that the presence of a headlamp is plain as day on that grainy video, but I never saw it.

bbm
Yay, I've always thought I was alone in rejecting the "light on the helmet" theory. Some believe that the presence of a headlamp is plain as day on that grainy video, but I never saw it.

I never saw the helmet headlamp either. IMO just a reflection.

Tomorrow, Wednesday, Aug 9 would have been Missy's 47th birthday.
Few days shy of being 16 months since her senseless murder. Been forever since we got any real update. I still suprised no big outcry from locals. Killer is still out there somewhere. Have anymore SW been filed?
Praying for answers soon..
Happy Birthday in Heaven Missy! Prayers for her family. Especially her Mother. To me as a mother it would hurt my heart almost the most on the day of birth as time goes on.

It's hard to believe it's been 16 months and there's nothing (that we know of) to go on. I honestly thought there would have been an arrest by now - so sad.

Happy Heavenly Birthday Missy! As a mother and daughter, I can't imagine the sorrow in the hearts of her mom and daughters. - prayers!

Today would have been Missy's 47th birthday. We haven't forgotten about you, Missy. Praying that this case is solved soon.

Today would have been Missy's 47th birthday. We haven't forgotten about you, Missy. Praying that this case is solved soon.

Why can't they find who did this? I am so sad for her family. They shouldn't have to go through another day in misery while the person responsible gets to celebrate birthdays and holidays with their family! Justice for Missy! I keep praying for an arrest to come soon.

Why can't they find who did this? I am so sad for her family. They shouldn't have to go through another day in misery while the person responsible gets to celebrate birthdays and holidays with their family! Justice for Missy! I keep praying for an arrest to come soon.

Some theories are LE might have a good idea who but lacks evidence to build a case, or a cover up. MOO

Why can't they find who did this? I am so sad for her family.

Because they don't know everything. Crimes go unsolved all the time, sad to say, and even some of the most high-profile ones. If you don't have evidence to tell you the answer, there's nothing you can do about it except look and wait and hope some evidence comes to light somehow.

Because they don't know everything. Crimes go unsolved all the time, sad to say, and even some of the most high-profile ones. If you don't have evidence to tell you the answer, there's nothing you can do about it except look and wait and hope some evidence comes to light somehow.

"Swat Perp" was actually quite clever, and I think the weather that night was a bonus in his/her favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain