Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting. This article contradicts your view claiming that often times the only way to make a perp finally give up the location of a victim's body is precisely by having him face a capital murder charge. In other words, it seems prosecutors find that certain defendants will only give up the location of a body when they have been charged with a death penalty case, and they then use telling authorities where the body is to bargain themselves down from a potential death penalty sentence. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/diane-dimond/no-body-murder-cases_b_137791.html

I'm not sure it is a contradiction. If the Feds had evidence to bring a murder charge, they would still need to get AG approval. I would agree that the death penalty would persuade many to give up information. Since murder hasn't been charged, I don't think they have the evidence to support it. IMHO, I believe they may have felt compelled to arrest based on circumstantial evidence and his comments on the tape in order to prevent another kidnapping.

Given what is publicly known, I see the kidnapping charge as weak. If there is no case for kidnapping, then the Feds don't have jurisdiction and there is no death penalty leverage. That no murder charges have been brought indicates to me that they either don't have the evidence to bring one or what they have is weak and the AG is taking his time as a result.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...y-reviewing-evidence-ui-scholars-disappearanc

Brunos 'thoroughly and methodically' reviewing evidence in UI scholar's disappearance

Less than two weeks before their client's next scheduled hearing in federal court, Brendt Christensen's attorneys are poring over more than 1,000 pages of reports from various law-enforcement agencies ....
-.-.-
And, "we understand the government's evidence will also include several terabytes of video collected from various sources," Bruno said.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...y-reviewing-evidence-ui-scholars-disappearanc

Brunos 'thoroughly and methodically' reviewing evidence in UI scholar's disappearance

Less than two weeks before their client's next scheduled hearing in federal court, Brendt Christensen's attorneys are poring over more than 1,000 pages of reports from various law-enforcement agencies ....
-.-.-
And, "we understand the government's evidence will also include several terabytes of video collected from various sources," Bruno said.

Thank you for posting this link. Gives me chills thinking about what might be on that video. Maybe that's what he showed to his friend at the vigil that made her recoil away from what he was showing her. Why has it taken so long for the government to turn over the evidence to the defense. Now they are just gonna say they haven't had enough time to go through it and analyze it thoroughly. Not to mention, how difficult it is to meet with their client. Bet the 28th won't amount to more than 5 minutes and it will be the defense getting a continuence. Then it will be a series of contenuences over the next 2 yrs before they even really get anything accomplished. Meanwhile, we still have no idea where Yingying is and her poor family is still here waiting and have stated they won't leave until they have her. What an absolute nightmare!

several TERABYTES of video??? that's a LOT of video-- like 500-1000 hours of video per terabyte

It could be movies he's downloaded related to the circumstances: abductions, etc. Maybe home made sex tapes... Stuff that would kind of paint a picture of who he is and what he'd be capable of to a jury, perhaps.

several TERABYTES of video??? that's a LOT of video-- like 500-1000 hours of video per terabyte
Could be surveillance footage?
Not enough on it to charge him with murder though may suggest they dont have any?

It could be movies he's downloaded related to the circumstances: abductions, etc. Maybe home made sex tapes... Stuff that would kind of paint a picture of who he is and what he'd be capable of to a jury, perhaps.

It would also include cctv footage of the location and route the car took. Also the videos taken at the march for Ying Ying.

It would also include cctv footage of the location and route the car took. Also the videos taken at the march for Ying Ying.
I agree. It will be interesting to see what his defence team come up with once they have seen all that stuff. I agree it is possibly surveillance video. 500 hours would be about 3 weeks worth.
Eta just checked dates - 9 June was the abduction and 30 June was when BC was arrested . That's also 3 weeks.

I think about Yingying every single day and I just picture her out in a field being eaten by maggots and it makes me so sad. I don't understand how someone can do this to another person. She's out there without a grave. She deserves better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's where the FBI 's conclusion come from that YY is dead?

Given what is publicly known, I don't see this as the slam dunk many here do. What we have is YingYing willingly getting into a car that was owned by the accused. That hardly constitutes kidnapping. Then, it is not conclusive that he was the one driving the car, the pictures we have do not show him clearly.

When he was taped talking about picking out other victims, I believe that the FBI felt they needed to act before there was another possible victim but still may not have had more evidence than she got in a car owned by him. Given what is publicly known, the evidence seems weak for even the kidnapping charge. Even despite what he said, he doesn't have to defend his comments. The Feds have to prove that he took her against her will, and what I see is someone who willingly got in a car. Just imagine showing that video in court. "Does Yingying appear forced into the car?", defense attorney X asks of the lead detective. The reply can only be, "No".

Unless there is a body or a WHOLE lot more evidence, murder is a huge stretch.

Perhaps someone else has already answered this, but he DID kidnap her per law.

"(a) Whoever unlawfully seizes, confines, inveigles, decoys, kidnaps, abducts, or carries away and holds for ransom or reward or otherwise any person, except in the case of a minor by the parent thereof, when—"

From the Dictionary
decoyed

lure or entice (a person or animal) away from an intended course, typically into a trap.

"they would try to decoy the enemy toward the hidden group"
synonyms:lure, entice, allure, tempt;

in·vei·gle
inˈvāɡəl/
verb
persuade (someone) to do something by means of deception or flattery.

"we cannot inveigle him into putting pen to paper"

synonyms:entice, tempt, lure, seduce, beguile;

gain entrance to (a place) by persuading (someone) with deception or flattery.

con·fine
verb

keep or restrict someone or something within certain limits of (space, scope, quantity, or time).

"he does not confine his message to politics"
synonyms:enclose, incarcerate, imprison, intern, impound, hold captive, trap;
--------

Point is: Yes, he broke the law. Yes, this is a kidnapping crime.

Source : https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1201 and www.dictionary.com.

It's quite possible he video recorded everything he did to her and with her after. A trouphy, a video to sell online. There is a *advertiser censored* site online, regular internet, not even on the dark web, that shows rapes and murders and they seriously appear real. Some of the victems are even swollen and discolored and it's really obvious it's not makeup. It's just awful such sites exist. I hesitate to post a link to it here as it is a really hardcore *advertiser censored* site. It's not hard to find. A hint to the site is free *advertiser censored* and the site name starts with XX. There are a couple that start that way. One has a blue background for the profile site, that's the wrong one. Look for the one with the white background with black edges and some red. Search on death or rape death. It's very gruesome so look at your own mental risk. BC may not have done this for money, but for the what he seen as an intense sexual thrill. He may have wanted to see his work up there with the rest.

It's quite possible he video recorded everything he did to her and with her after. A trouphy, a video to sell online. There is a *advertiser censored* site online, regular internet, not even on the dark web, that shows rapes and murders and they seriously appear real. Some of the victems are even swollen and discolored and it's really obvious it's not makeup. It's just awful such sites exist. I hesitate to post a link to it here as it is a really hardcore *advertiser censored* site. It's not hard to find. A hint to the site is free *advertiser censored* and the site name starts with XX. There are a couple that start that way. One has a blue background for the profile site, that's the wrong one. Look for the one with the white background with black edges and some red. Search on death or rape death. It's very gruesome so look at your own mental risk. BC may not have done this for money, but for the what he seen as an intense sexual thrill. He may have wanted to see his work up there with the rest.

If that was true, wouldn't he be charged with murder instead of simple kidnapping? Further wouldn't charging him with capital murder force him to bargain down from the death penalty by telling authorities the location of her body?

If that was true, wouldn't he be charged with murder instead of simple kidnapping? Further wouldn't charging him with capital murder force him to bargain down from the death penalty by telling authorities the location of her body?

Maybe all that is still yet to come

Or rape, at the very least.

Maybe all that is still yet to come
I dont think they have much at all.
I doubt they have a single piece of evidence of her actual murder, if that is what happened, or anything real connecting him to her demise.
They would have charged him immediately with the crime if they had.
This takes us back to nowhere land.
I wonder what her family are believing at this stage?
I am disillusioned entirely with this case.
No evidence, no searches, no fruit from all the footage.. which suggests they did not find all of his equipment, which may be hidden in the same place he hid YingYing..
It seems completely crazy.. precipice for far too many weeks now.

Or rape, at the very least.

Do you expect the defense will claim that BC either interacted with Ms. Zhang on-line & she agreed, or perhaps BC mistook Ms. Zhang for the woman he contacted on-line, and was impressed with her "acting" during their pre-planned, "consensual," event?

Do you expect the defense will claim that BC either interacted with Ms. Zhang on-line & she agreed, or perhaps BC mistook Ms. Zhang for the woman he contacted on-line, and was impressed with her "acting" during their pre-planned, "consensual," event?
No, cos he would have to produce proof of an online connection and ditto with a venue ..collection point..
I think its time they elaborated on their (too)early 'belief that she is no longer alive'
Its now a ludicrous situation, particularly if her family are being kept in a state of limbo, waiting for nothingness, no daily search parties returning, going out.. no hope no time, no effort..

Perhaps someone else has already answered this, but he DID kidnap her per law.

Point is: Yes, he broke the law. Yes, this is a kidnapping crime.

Who broke the law? The Feds must first prove who was driving the car. As I stated, from what is known publicly through the videos, you can't tell who is driving the car. To say, "he broke the law", the Feds must prove beyond a reasonable doubt who "he" is.

The Feds would have to prove that she was kidnapped AND by him. Do I believe she was the victim of a kidnapping, yes. However, what we believe hardly constitutes a crime. As is said in my post, given what is publicly known, I don't think this is the slam dunk that many here think it is. Many here seem very quick to accept circumstantial evidence that the accused committed a crime, any crime, by assuming he is guilty of driving the car that picked her up. I believe that is the first big hurdle the Feds have to overcome, proving beyond a reasonable doubt that he was driving the car.

I dont think they have much at all.
I doubt they have a single piece of evidence of her actual murder, if that is what happened, or anything real connecting him to her demise.
They would have charged him immediately with the crime if they had.
This takes us back to nowhere land.
I wonder what her family are believing at this stage?
I am disillusioned entirely with this case.
No evidence, no searches, no fruit from all the footage.. which suggests they did not find all of his equipment, which may be hidden in the same place he hid YingYing..
It seems completely crazy.. precipice for far too many weeks now.

Agreed. I think it was a judgement call to arrest him that may prove to have been premature. After hearing the surveillance audio a decision had to be made. If we don't arrest him, he may strike again. If we do arrest him, we have to hope that we can find more evidence. A tough call I wouldn't want to have to make. The lack of additional charges suggests the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow