NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be interested to know if Terry spent time in Alabama. So far LE hasn't stated he has. Though some on here speculated he could have spent time in Louisiana.
What year was the ft Rucker. Matter

Was he given an honorable discharge?
Could he have ended up in NH due to the Portsmouth Naval Ship Yard? He may not have been active in the military at that point, but he most likely would have known about it from his service.

Navy training takes place in a port. Was that port in Oregon or Virginia? That's what I'm getting at. Or were Oregon and Virgina in addition to where he would have received Naval training?

Oh, okay, gotcha. I misunderstood the question the first time. I don't think they said where he was stationed; they might not have tracked down his military records yet. Navy records from that era weren't among those severely damaged by the archives fire in 1973, so I imagine they can be tracked down somewhere now that they definitively know what they're looking for.

Was he given an honorable discharge?
Could he have ended in NH due to the Portsmouth Naval Ship Yard? He may not have been active in the military at that point, but he most likely would have known about it from his service.

Oh, that's an excellent thought, Alleykins.

Perhaps. But it's fairly well established through the timeline that he was in TX from Dec 74 (and sooner) through 1978. I would be looking at unsolved murders or missing persons (female) from Corpus Christi to the Houston vicinity in those years.

Ok first off I am totally Blown away with all of this OMG..It was my husband that came to me and told me. They found Robert Evans real Identity.. I could Not believe it. Anyway... Its great News.. which fills in many holes... But now to look for all of the missing in between... I came across this woman Missing from Texas and what Struck me was the male friend in the camper and His name was Terry Robert Bailey...(could that have been the name before he transitioned to Robert Evans from Terry?) I thought I would share this http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/544dftx.html

Name: Phyllis Eleanor Berry
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: November 1, 1975
Location Last Seen: Terlingua, Brewster County, Texas
Physical Description
Date of Birth: September 16, 1954
Race: White
Height: 5'3" - 5'5"
Weight: 110 lbs. to 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Phyllis Eleanor Benny; Phyllis Eleanor Ecklison
Distinguishing Marks/Features: a flat brown mole on her lower right abdomen and a freckle between her thumb and right wrist; pierced ears; a slight space between her two front teeth.
Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: A pair of blue jeans, a tan and black shirt, and a pair of knee-high granny boots which laced up the front.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Ms. Berry was last seen at the Terlingua Chili Cookoff near the Texas-Mexico border. Sometime between midnight and 8 a.m. on November 2nd, she disappeared.

According to the Odessa American in an interview with Texas Ranger, Alfred Allee, back in 1975, Phyllis made the weekend trip from her hometown of Odessa with two friends: her roommate Vangie Strait and another friend, Terry Robert Bailey. After arriving at Terlingua, Bailey went to visit friends while Strait took a nap in a friend’s camper and Berry went motorcycle riding. Later that evening, after the sun had gone down, a large crowd attended an impromptu dance. Phyllis ran into two friends from Odessa, John Jackson and Dale Wade. She also met a third man named Jim from Austin who Jackson had picked up as a hitchhiker en route to Terlingua.

Shortly before midnight, Jackson and Berry returned to camp with Wade on Wade’s motorcycle; Jim followed a few moments later on foot. "The fire had just about burned down and [Phyllis] asked us to get more wood for the fire," Jackson said. "I don’t remember her exact words, but she said she was going to sit by the fire and wait for us to return." Jim sat with her on the cot for a minute or two and then joined us about 20 feet away where we were gathering the wood. "We all walked back to the campfire a few minutes later and she was gone," Jackson said. "She was there one minute and gone the next. She just kinda slipped away. At first I thought she must have gone down the hill to party some more or to use the bathroom," Jackson said.

A short time later, probably not more than five minutes, Bailey came to the camp in Berry’s auto looking for her. "He was driving her car and had her Irish setter puppy." Jackson said. He said Wade rode around for about an hour on his motorcycle looking for the girl unsuccessfully. "We didn’t think too much about it," Jackson explained. "We figured maybe she just went down the hill."

The next morning, Jim walked down the road to catch a ride back to Austin. Wade packed up and headed back to Odessa. Jackson said he remained behind and spent half of Sunday with Bailey searching for the missing woman. Jackson returned to Odessa Sunday night, but Strait and Bailey remained behind to hunt for their missing friend. Strait said she and Bailey telephoned back to Odessa Sunday night, thinking Berry caught a ride home with friends. The first missing person report to the sheriff's office at Alpine was made that Sunday night by telephone from Odessa. "The last time I saw her was about 10:30 or 11 o’clock Saturday night," Miss Strait said. "She seemed to be having a good time." Strait and Phyllis Berry were in Terlingua not just for the cook off. They had both quit their jobs and were going to camp out in the area for a while after the celebration ended. They had packed food and clothes in Phyllis’ car, and the Irish setter puppy that belonged to Phyllis. When Berry disappeared, everything she owned was left behind. The theory that Phyllis 'took off with someone' is not a viable one to Strait. “I know she wouldn't do that. If she was going to leave, she would have said so. She would have taken something with her.”

Brewster Sheriff James Skinner is resigned about the fate of Berry, “I think she’s dead.” He further states she may have been the victim of foul play. The fact that her body has never been recovered means little to Skinner. “This is a very hilly area with a lot of mine shafts around," he states. “Some of them are open. She might be in one of them.” It would be difficult to locate a body in one of those mines, Skinner says. “You could stay down there for many years before your bones are found,” he states, adding: "They may never be found.”

The cold case was re-opened in 2000 at the request of Berry's sister, Lucy Wiley.

PBerry[1].jpg

Ok first off I am totally Blown away with all of this OMG..It was my husband that came to me and told me. They found Robert Evans real Identity.. I could Not believe it. Anyway... Its great News.. which fills in many holes... But now to look for all of the missing in between... I came across this woman Missing from Texas and what Struck me was the male friend in the camper and His name was Terry Robert Bailey...(could that have been the name before he transitioned to Robert Evans from Terry?) I thought I would share this http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/544dftx.html

Name: Phyllis Eleanor Berry
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: November 1, 1975
Location Last Seen: Terlingua, Brewster County, Texas
Physical Description
Date of Birth: September 16, 1954
Race: White
Height: 5'3" - 5'5"
Weight: 110 lbs. to 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Phyllis Eleanor Benny; Phyllis Eleanor Ecklison
Distinguishing Marks/Features: a flat brown mole on her lower right abdomen and a freckle between her thumb and right wrist; pierced ears; a slight space between her two front teeth.
Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: A pair of blue jeans, a tan and black shirt, and a pair of knee-high granny boots which laced up the front.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Ms. Berry was last seen at the Terlingua Chili Cookoff near the Texas-Mexico border. Sometime between midnight and 8 a.m. on November 2nd, she disappeared.

According to the Odessa American in an interview with Texas Ranger, Alfred Allee, back in 1975, Phyllis made the weekend trip from her hometown of Odessa with two friends: her roommate Vangie Strait and another friend, Terry Robert Bailey. After arriving at Terlingua, Bailey went to visit friends while Strait took a nap in a friend’s camper and Berry went motorcycle riding. Later that evening, after the sun had gone down, a large crowd attended an impromptu dance. Phyllis ran into two friends from Odessa, John Jackson and Dale Wade. She also met a third man named Jim from Austin who Jackson had picked up as a hitchhiker en route to Terlingua.

Shortly before midnight, Jackson and Berry returned to camp with Wade on Wade’s motorcycle; Jim followed a few moments later on foot. "The fire had just about burned down and [Phyllis] asked us to get more wood for the fire," Jackson said. "I don’t remember her exact words, but she said she was going to sit by the fire and wait for us to return." Jim sat with her on the cot for a minute or two and then joined us about 20 feet away where we were gathering the wood. "We all walked back to the campfire a few minutes later and she was gone," Jackson said. "She was there one minute and gone the next. She just kinda slipped away. At first I thought she must have gone down the hill to party some more or to use the bathroom," Jackson said.

A short time later, probably not more than five minutes, Bailey came to the camp in Berry’s auto looking for her. "He was driving her car and had her Irish setter puppy." Jackson said. He said Wade rode around for about an hour on his motorcycle looking for the girl unsuccessfully. "We didn’t think too much about it," Jackson explained. "We figured maybe she just went down the hill."

The next morning, Jim walked down the road to catch a ride back to Austin. Wade packed up and headed back to Odessa. Jackson said he remained behind and spent half of Sunday with Bailey searching for the missing woman. Jackson returned to Odessa Sunday night, but Strait and Bailey remained behind to hunt for their missing friend. Strait said she and Bailey telephoned back to Odessa Sunday night, thinking Berry caught a ride home with friends. The first missing person report to the sheriff's office at Alpine was made that Sunday night by telephone from Odessa. "The last time I saw her was about 10:30 or 11 o’clock Saturday night," Miss Strait said. "She seemed to be having a good time." Strait and Phyllis Berry were in Terlingua not just for the cook off. They had both quit their jobs and were going to camp out in the area for a while after the celebration ended. They had packed food and clothes in Phyllis’ car, and the Irish setter puppy that belonged to Phyllis. When Berry disappeared, everything she owned was left behind. The theory that Phyllis 'took off with someone' is not a viable one to Strait. “I know she wouldn't do that. If she was going to leave, she would have said so. She would have taken something with her.”

Brewster Sheriff James Skinner is resigned about the fate of Berry, “I think she’s dead.” He further states she may have been the victim of foul play. The fact that her body has never been recovered means little to Skinner. “This is a very hilly area with a lot of mine shafts around," he states. “Some of them are open. She might be in one of them.” It would be difficult to locate a body in one of those mines, Skinner says. “You could stay down there for many years before your bones are found,” he states, adding: "They may never be found.”

The cold case was re-opened in 2000 at the request of Berry's sister, Lucy Wiley.

View attachment 121932
nice!! And space between front teeth..

Here is Phyllis's ws link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Terlingua-1-Nov-1975&highlight=Phyllis+Berry

She has a friend who posts on there from time to time who you can ask if TR rings a bell.
It was also recently discovered that Phyllis had a daughter and gave it up for adoption before she went missing. The daughter's husband is on there, too.
Phyllis also has DNA in CODIS, so chances are, she is not the middle child's mother or the adult female in the barrel.
Sadly, I think the general consensus is that Phyllis went to heed nature's call and fell down an abandoned mine shaft.

Here is Phyllis's ws link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Terlingua-1-Nov-1975&highlight=Phyllis+Berry

She has a friend who posts on there from time to time who you can ask if TR rings a bell.
It was also recently discovered that Phyllis had a daughter and gave it up for adoption before she went missing. The daughter's husband is on there, too.
Phyllis also has DNA in CODIS, so chances are, she is not the middle child's mother or the adult female in the barrel.
Sadly, I think the general consensus is that Phyllis went to heed nature's call and fell down an abandoned mine shaft.

Oh great info Alleykins on Phyllis I had not even checked to see if she had a thread on here... Oh no.. I was never thinking of her as the woman in the barrel or the Baby in the Barrel's mom either.. I was Just thinking as Phyllis could of been a reason he left Texas...And headed toward New Hampshire..And I also thought maybe he was changing his name so his wife would not find him for child support...

Oh great info Alleykins on Phyllis I had not even checked to see if she had a thread on here... Oh no.. I was never thinking of her as the woman in the barrel or the Baby in the Barrel's mom either.. I was Just thinking as Phyllis could of been a reason he left Texas...And headed toward New Hampshire..And I also thought maybe he was changing his name so his wife would not find him for child support...

Thanks for clarifying. I'm certainly thinking a scenario like that would definitely be a reason for him to leave TX, along with child support. I wondered about child support, too.
Seriously, you could ask her friend, she may know the Terry mentioned in the news article on Phyllis, and could tell you if they are one and the same.

I'm sorry, there is NO WAY I can catch up on this thread. I'm flabbergasted they identified him and am assuming from the AG's statements that a male relative's DNA showed up in someone's system?

I'm sorry, there is NO WAY I can catch up on this thread. I'm flabbergasted they identified him and am assuming from the AG's statements that a male relative's DNA showed up in someone's system?

I honestly think one of his kids recognised him from the Bob Evans photos and got in touch with LE.

I honestly think one of his kids recognised him from the Bob Evans photos and got in touch with LE.

I'm wondering if it was the video of him talking that maybe sparked the recognition. It's sounds like it was a son who might have given the sample, based on one of the articles I read.

BBM
IKR? Mind blown!

I'm wondering if it was the video of him talking that maybe sparked the recognition. It's sounds like it was a son who might have given the sample, based on one of the articles I read.
Oh definitely, yeah. I was probably a bit too narrow in my theory. But it could have also been his ex-wife, or someone who knew the family back then.

I know we can't sleuth the family, but it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of his kids has been looking for him. Without filing a missing persons report I'm not sure how you would go about that, can only think of genealogy sites. Maybe around 2001.

Oh definitely, yeah. I was probably a bit too narrow in my theory. But it could have also been his ex-wife, or someone who knew the family back then.

I know we can't sleuth the family, but it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of his kids has been looking for him. Without filing a missing persons report I'm not sure how you would go about that, can only think of genealogy sites. Maybe around 2001.

It wouldn't surprise me if Terry did an internet search for himself back then, and possibly the Allenstown victims, which both barrels would have both been found by then.
One of the first things I did when I got on line was search my name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500