MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Katelynn Farris, another one of Kylr’s ex-girlfriends stated:

“He basically opened up to me and told me that they had been dating and that he really did love her and she basically explained to him that she didn’t want to be with him anymore, and he said he kind of just freaked out,” said Farris, reports*Crime Watch Daily. “Things got a little physical and the next thing he knew is she wasn’t breathing.”

Katelynn has also told the above story to Kara’s family and the authorities."

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica....missing-girl-gets-probation-for-killing-cats/

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thank you! There's also this gem from the link below:

Statement from one of KY's ex-girlfriends who was interviewed by a PI: "He's admitted to it to me. He told me he killed her," the ex-girlfriend says on the recording. "He said 'have you ever seen the life leave someone's eyes?' He told me about all the things he did to her before he killed her. Beating her, like listening to her scream for her parents, listening to her cry and beg for her life, and how much he loved it."

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/06/02/family-searches-for-answers-in-missouri-teens-disappearance/

If nothing else, that statement cements for me that KY has the potential to be a serial killer. I personally honestly don't think he stopped for ten years. Someone that sadistic doesn't just stop. But as LE points out in that article, those types of statements won't necessarily help get KY convicted because he could just say he was lying, or drunk...They could help a grand jury indict him, though.

I haven't seen this one posted yet:

Private investigator believes Kara Kopetsky's Ex-Boyfriend Will Be Implicated in Two Murders: http://fox4kc.com/2017/08/17/privat...-boyfriend-will-be-implicated-in-two-murders/

From the link:

A woman who has inside knowledge of the investigation of the prime suspect in Kopetsky's disappearance spoke exclusively to FOX 4 on Thursday. "He will be charged with both murders because he killed both girls," said private investigator Marlene Rockwell...Rockwell volunteered her services to Kopetsky's family several years after she vanished in 2007.

Rockwell says there is no other suspect, no other possibility and law enforcement had enough evidence to charge Yust long ago.

Kopetsky had a restraining order against her ex-boyfriend, Yust. Rockwell said he failed a polygraph test and Rockwell interviewed several of Yust's friends who told her Yust confessed to killing Kopetsky. As an investigative insider, Rockwell says there is much more evidence which she could not talk about.

Rockwell said her biggest regret is that in her opinion, if law enforcement had done its job better in the Kopetsky case, Runions would still be alive.

I haven't seen this one posted yet:

Private investigator believes Kara Kopetsky's Ex-Boyfriend Will Be Implicated in Two Murders: http://fox4kc.com/2017/08/17/privat...-boyfriend-will-be-implicated-in-two-murders/

From the link:

A woman who has inside knowledge of the investigation of the prime suspect in Kopetsky's disappearance spoke exclusively to FOX 4 on Thursday. "He will be charged with both murders because he killed both girls," said private investigator Marlene Rockwell...Rockwell volunteered her services to Kopetsky's family several years after she vanished in 2007.

Rockwell says there is no other suspect, no other possibility and law enforcement had enough evidence to charge Yust long ago.

Kopetsky had a restraining order against her ex-boyfriend, Yust. Rockwell said he failed a polygraph test and Rockwell interviewed several of Yust's friends who told her Yust confessed to killing Kopetsky. As an investigative insider, Rockwell says there is much more evidence which she could not talk about.

Rockwell said her biggest regret is that in her opinion, if law enforcement had done its job better in the Kopetsky case, Runions would still be alive.

Gosh that last thought must be a haunting one. Poor Kara, waiting so long to be found. Heart breaking stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She believes he dragged Kara into his truck by the hair...other than his past behavior, I wonder why she believes this? An eyewitness?

She believes he dragged Kara into his truck by the hair...other than his past behavior, I wonder why she believes this? An eyewitness?

I don't know...It didn't make much sense to me because there was also Kara's friend Kyle who said she called him the morning she disappeared and asked if he wanted to hang out with her and KY. The following article states that she called him around 10:30, and she was last seen around that time at Belton High School. http://fox4kc.com/2017/04/06/last-p...ky-says-memory-of-her-voice-still-haunts-him/

Rockwell did say there is more evidence that she can't talk about. Maybe there is a protected witness, or a few. Or maybe Rockwell assumes this is what happened based on Kylr's other abusive behaviors. Maybe an eyewitness saw KY take her from work the night he kidnapped her and that was how he got her into his truck then, so the assumption is made that's how he did it on the day Kara disappeared?

Since the friend came forward about the phone call, and since it happened around the time she left school, I've sort of thought she knew she was going to meet KY somewhere or that she had talked with him and knew he was picking her up in the parking lot when she ditched school. I think that maybe she arranged to meet with him, and then also called the other friend to see if he could meet her as well. Insurance, so to speak, in case things went badly with KY. I would think that if KY had taken Kara violently or forcefully, he wouldn't have allowed her the time to call a friend. I think maybe she went willingly and then things went bad once they were out in the woods.

I agree with scout87. i think kara was worried something might happen and wanted someone to go with her in case. or something along that line.

My memory of this case is a little fuzzy, but I seem to remember that before Kara disappeared, Kylr kidnapped her from the restaurant she worked at. She managed to jump out of the vehicle and after that started the filing of the restraining order against him. Maybe he grabbed her by her hair in that in incident (which I think had witnesses)? Someone let me know if I'm crazy. I might be thinking of another case.... Anyway that would be my guess as to why the PI would say that.

My memory of this case is a little fuzzy, but I seem to remember that before Kara disappeared, Kylr kidnapped her from the restaurant she worked at. She managed to jump out of the vehicle and after that started the filing of the restraining order against him. Maybe he grabbed her by her hair in that in incident (which I think had witnesses)? Someone let me know if I'm crazy. I might be thinking of another case.... Anyway that would be my guess as to why the PI would say that.

No, you're right. He kidnapped her from her workplace and if I'm remembering correctly, there were people who either saw it happen or somehow knew and had to help her get away from him. It's hard to remember everything with this case because it's been so long with Kara's and then Jessica's case added in...But I was also thinking maybe the PI knew the information from the kidnapping incident and then assumed that maybe KY behaved that way when Kara left the high school as well

Even with new information, this case has so many pieces that we just don't know about.

I found a link that may help with the kidnapping portion of events:

From Crime Watch Daily: https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/06/02/family-searches-for-answers-in-missouri-teens-disappearance/

Just two weeks before her disappearance, police learned Kara was standing in a parking lot when Kylr showed up in a rage.
"The report that was made said that she had got off work and her boyfriend at that time had came by forced her to get into his vehicle," said Belton Police Lt. Brad Swanson.

"He had kidnapped her against her will, drugged her in the car, held her and she had to jump out of that vehicle, and on a separate occasion he had choked her and he had threatened to slit her throat," said private investigator Marlene Rockwell.

That's more than just a rumor. Those threats are documented in a restraining order Kara and her parents filed against Kylr -- one in which kara herself states: "I'm unsure of what he will do next, because the abuse has gotten worse over time."

The two were talking the morning she disappeared. An acquaintance of both teens would later tell authorities that Kara and Kylr were together that morning. What happened after that meeting is still a matter of intense speculation.
-------------------------

I did not remember some of these details. That ending part sort of confirms that she knew what was going on. That she wasn't ambushed, but that she left with him on her own free will. She let herself trust him and he took advantage of that. Maybe he showed her a different side of himself to get her into the car that day and then once he had her where he wanted her he let his true colors show. No matter how many times the snake sheds his skin, he's still a snake. Let his jury be merciless.

Gardener1850 you are correct. From what I remember Kara and Kylr's relationship was diminishing around that time and they were routinely off and on. I think this time Kara broke it off and she was supposed to meet up with a new guy after she got off work. Kylr found out about this and I'm assuming became jealous that she was able to move on from him so quickly. He then kidnapped her and threw her in his truck in the parking lot of where she worked which at the time was Popeye's Chicken on 58 highway in Belton, MO. Luckily, she was able to jump out of Kylr's truck I believe near Domino's Pizza located a couple of miles down 58 highway/north scott.

The only reason I'm responding to this is because that's a night I remember very well. I was actually over at Kyle's house (the guy in that news clip that Kara called the day she went missing) with a few other friends when one of them got a phone call from Kylr. She answered it and put it on speaker phone and all I could hear was Kylr yelling frantically, "I need to talk right now, I think I'm going to be going away (jail) for a long time!". Kylr quickly came over to Kyle's house, picked up our friend, drove off and was only gone for a couple of minutes before arriving back at Kyle's house to drop her off. She then proceeded to tell us what they talked about which was pretty much everything in the previous paragraph.

I went to school and was in the same friend group as Kara which later on, Kylr was introduced to. I never did get good vibes from the dude since we first met. I can tell you first hand Kylr is a very persuasive, attention-seeking, manipulative person. He does not take rejection very well which I personally think is what lead to his actions. Nonetheless, I'm very glad Kara's family can finally get the peace and closure they've needed this whole time and I wish Kylr nothing but the worst in life.

Gardener1850 you are correct. From what I remember Kara and Kylr's relationship was diminishing around that time and they were routinely off and on. I think this time Kara broke it off and she was supposed to meet up with a new guy after she got off work. Kylr found out about this and I'm assuming became jealous that she was able to move on from him so quickly. He then kidnapped her and threw her in his truck in the parking lot of where she worked which at the time was Popeye's Chicken on 58 highway in Belton, MO. Luckily, she was able to jump out of Kylr's truck I believe near Domino's Pizza located a couple of miles down 58 highway/north scott.

The only reason I'm responding to this is because that's a night I remember very well. I was actually over at Kyle's house (the guy in that news clip that Kara called the day she went missing) with a few other friends when one of them got a phone call from Kylr. She answered it and put it on speaker phone and all I could hear was Kylr yelling frantically, "I need to talk right now, I think I'm going to be going away (jail) for a long time!". Kylr quickly came over to Kyle's house, picked up our friend, drove off and was only gone for a couple of minutes before arriving back at Kyle's house to drop her off. She then proceeded to tell us what they talked about which was pretty much everything in the previous paragraph.

I went to school and was in the same friend group as Kara which later on, Kylr was introduced to. I never did get good vibes from the dude since we first met. I can tell you first hand Kylr is a very persuasive, attention-seeking, manipulative person. He does not take rejection very well which I personally think is what lead to his actions. Nonetheless, I'm very glad Kara's family can finally get the peace and closure they've needed this whole time and I wish Kylr nothing but the worst in life.

Wow, first let me say Welcome Minfish! :welcome:

I hope you have told the above story to the police.

I just got to reading the rest of the thread last night...wow AT LAST her remains have been identified! I remember in 2007 when they would show the the clip of her leaving school over and over again. I want to send my love to her family as well as Jessica's. I will be following this thread because I want to watch KY pay for these horrendous crimes, as well as anyone who might've helped him conceal this for years.

You should become a verified insider

Seems Kylr is now writing to media in an attempt to proclaim his innocence...A letter was received today by Scott Parks at 98.1 KMBZ in Kansas City. Parks refused to dignify the letter with much time, and also refused to read it aloud. Apparently, though, Kylr requested an in person meeting and stated that he'd also received offers from other sources like Time Magazine.

Link to posting about the article at KMBZ's FB page...
https://www.facebook.com/981KMBZ/ph...56557008626/10155662467223627/?type=3&theater

In my personal opinion, he's just trying to drum up media attention in order to ensure a change of venue. I would turn it over to authorities and not give him the time of day. Let him have his day in court to determine the justice due. the most the general public can do is pray for the victims of these crimes. Dont validate his professed innocence by spreading this story on social media.

In my personal opinion, he's just trying to drum up media attention in order to ensure a change of venue. I would turn it over to authorities and not give him the time of day. Let him have his day in court to determine the justice due. the most the general public can do is pray for the victims of these crimes. Dont validate his professed innocence by spreading this story on social media.

It's possible, though in my opinion if his defense attorney really wanted to request a change of venue, they could probably get one without much manipulation. Kara's case is so well known and Jessica's has received so much attention over the past year it'd be difficult to find someone who didn't know about KY and who hadn't formed a firm opinion about him.

I've thought from the beginning that there would be no way they would conduct a murder trial for KY in Kansas City. But who knows. Anything is possible.

In my opinion, he's doing this to bring the attention back onto himself and also as a means of trying to take back control of the narrative that's been put out there. He also seems to love attention and writing to the press is one way to get that. He also wrote to a local source, which says to me he's looking to be able to control what's put out to the public. With a big news organization or publication, he likely wouldn't be able to do that. I really highly doubt he's received offers from big name sources like Time Magazine, as he supposedly claims in that letter. I imagine he just said that as a way of trying to manipulate Scott Parks.

Serial killers and the like do things like this because they they love the attention, and they thrive off the feeling that they are in control. It's possible KY's attorney wasn't even aware of him writing the letter until after it was done. Any good attorney would strongly advise against a stunt like the one KY pulled in writing that letter. But if the attorney did know and advised against it, there's not a lot she can do to stop him.

There's also the possibility this was done in desperation. He obviously never thought the girls would be found. He should know that he's between a rock and a hard place now, and it's only a matter of time before he's finally held accountable.

Has KY been officially charged with murder yet? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members