Found Deceased NJ - Mark Schlegel, 57, Oradell, 13 Aug 2017

If he was visiting a mistress in the area why take a bus pass and why leave your phone?

Sounds like he took off. Perhaps the gift bag has cash in it. Someone said he possible had $60 cash on him. Why would you leave without phone, wallet or ID but make sure you have cash with you? Also, the person above said two bus passes were missing. All signs point to a voluntary disappearance
Well, the wife *thinks* he could have taken 2 bus passes. Not a definite - I'm curious as to whether his passport is still at home.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If he was visiting a mistress in the area why take a bus pass and why leave your phone?
IF he actually took a bus pass with him. And I suppose you leave your phone if you don't want to be called out for not answering it.
Or if you are leaving, you wouldn't want it tracked.
Or if you're just going for a quick walk up the block, why bother with it.

My question - did the wife know he was going for a walk? It didn't seem like it to me.

http://crimefeed.com/2017/08/new-jersey-police-search-for-talent-agent-who-never-came-home/

Note the picture he made as his cover photo the day he disappeared. It is also in the referenced crimefeed.com article. Seems a little odd in general, but especially after returning from an anniversary trip to Scotland with his wife, where no doubt he had endless beautiful photos he could have chosen if he wanted "a new look" for his Facebook page?! jmo

IF he actually took a bus pass with him. And I suppose you leave your phone if you don't want to be called out for not answering it.
Or if you are leaving, you wouldn't want it tracked.
Or if you're just going for a quick walk up the block, why bother with it.

My question - did the wife know he was going for a walk? It didn't seem like it to me.

I also wonder if she knew. The description of his clothes seemed pretty specific which makes me think maybe she did see him right before the walk and knew he was going. Do we know who gave that description?

His wife did not know he left or where he was going. However...he probably had been wearing that outfit earlier in the day AND neighbors who saw him walking could corroborate that description of his clothes. The gift bag could've had cash and a change of clothes. He may have walked out of his life.

However....I live nearby and have met him and the family. He truly does not seem the type to walk out.

@esldsnmac Is adventurism someone leaving their life and pulling a disappearing act?

Sorry for not being clearer. I don't think anything bad happened and I don't think he will be gone long. I think we will hear he has been found in a couple of days and no further information given.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

http://crimefeed.com/2017/08/new-jersey-police-search-for-talent-agent-who-never-came-home/

Note the picture he made as his cover photo the day he disappeared. It is also in the referenced crimefeed.com article. Seems a little odd in general, but especially after returning from an anniversary trip to Scotland with his wife, where no doubt he had endless beautiful photos he could have chosen if he wanted "a new look" for his Facebook page?! jmo
Imho...it seems with the picture posted he might be missing someone in his past.

Hey I hope so. But he's a rather public figure.

What do you mean by public figure? I don't mean this condescendingly at all but isn't he a talent agent? My best friend is also a successful talent agent in the city and I wouldn't consider her a public figure. JMO unless you meant for another reason

Not sure what Songbird meant but this story is getting a lot more press because of who his clients are. I found stories on Deadline, BroadwayWorld, Hollywood Reporter besides the usual suspects like CrimeFeed and NYPost. His wife now believes he is close to home, theorizing he may have stopped in the city first.

Do we know for sure it was the wife who said he left his home at 3:30pm? Or was it someone else who was at the residence? Did anyone actually see him leave at 3:30? And is there anything that shows him leaving the house or outside the residence around that time (e.g., neighbor's security camera)?

Not sure what Songbird meant but this story is getting a lot more press because of who his clients are. I found stories on Deadline, BroadwayWorld, Hollywood Reporter besides the usual suspects like CrimeFeed and NYPost. His wife now believes he is close to home, theorizing he may have stopped in the city first.

That's exactly what I meant. He has been in major publications.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline...ing-new-jersey-police-worried-1202150754/amp/

He's a married talent agent with two adult children. No known mental or physical illnesses.

The article said he was headed to a location 3 blocks away. That's pretty specific, so I am guessing he must have had a conversation with someone before he disappeared and that's what he told them.

I agree with looking close to home. Hope he is found safe soon.
So anyone that is local...what is 3 blocks away?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back