NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the new thread :)

So back on thread 2 we were discussing his possible links to St. Louis, MO.

They're trying piece together his movements through the years — which includes looking into his claim that he once worked as an electrician at Reece Electrical INC. in St. Louis, according to a news release from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
https://www.riverfronttimes.com/new...erial-killer-terry-rasmussen-live-in-st-louis

Can anyone find information about this business and whether it was real?

Refresh my memory: what was Rasmussen's street address before he started staying with Denise? Is it thought that his previous adress is where the Bear Brook murders occurred? I haven't read much about the presumed logistics of the crime.
Did we ever learn how the bodies were oriented within the barrels? I'm wondering whether he killed his biological daughter on some date prior to when he killed the woman and her two daughters. If his biological daughter was farther inside one of the barrels, then it would at least be plausible that she could have been there longer.

Since January, we have discussed how he got his aliases. The feeling was that he got them from people he had contact with in some capacity. That was especially possible with the CMK alias, because it was so exact and iirc, he used the birthdate of the real CMK.

After his ties to Phoenix (specifically North High) came out, I remembered the post here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13100168, where someone thought he might be a boy actually named Jensen who attended North High during the same time frame (1959-1960).

Just seems more and more likely to me that the aliases aren't random at all, but they may not be helpful in a straightforward way. Finding men with the same names as his aliases might well show areas where he passed through. They won't necessarily be him, though. Just a way to map movements, perhaps linking to other cases.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Also, since I can't reply to the last thread, I wanted to refer to this post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13576526, which suggested that 1966 was too early to have been in Vietnam. My dad was drafted in late 1966 for the explicit purpose of being sent to Vietnam, which he was in early 1967. So, civilian men were already being drafted to be sent there by that time. There is good reason to believe that someone already in the military and stationed in Okinawa would have been there. With electricians, they are often sent in ahead of other troops to set up installations. That was my older brother's MOS in the Marines, and he had those duties in the first invasion of Iraq. So, yes, Terry could have been in Vietnam during his service.

Also, since I can't reply to the last thread, I wanted to refer to this post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13576526, which suggested that 1966 was too early to have been in Vietnam. My dad was drafted in late 1966 for the explicit purpose of being sent to Vietnam, which he was in early 1967. So, civilian men were already being drafted to be sent there by that time. There is good reason to believe that someone already in the military and stationed in Okinawa would have been there. With electricians, they are often sent in ahead of other troops to set up installations. That was my older brother's MOS in the Marines, and he had those duties in the first invasion of Iraq. So, yes, Terry could have been in Vietnam during his service.
BBM
You may be right, but I don't buy PTSD as an excuse for becoming a serial killer.

We don't know what kind of action, if any, he saw during his time in the service, so I don't see how we can rule PTSD in or out at this time.
I think he was drunk and something set him off, throwing him into a blind fit of rage.Should we ever have the privilege of hearing what his family may have to say, I think we might find a pattern of DV and alcoholism, but this is all speculation based on what little we know.

So back on thread 2 we were discussing his possible links to St. Louis, MO.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/new...erial-killer-terry-rasmussen-live-in-st-louis

Can anyone find information about this business and whether it was real?

I am not finding that business doing Google search, however, may have to check with city directories during that time. Not sure if local library here in Springfield would have that information or not. And it may have changed names. But will continue to look.

Refresh my memory: what was Rasmussen's street address before he started staying with Denise? Is it thought that his previous adress is where the Bear Brook murders occurred? I haven't read much about the presumed logistics of the crime.
Did we ever learn how the bodies were oriented within the barrels? I'm wondering whether he killed his biological daughter on some date prior to when he killed the woman and her two daughters. If his biological daughter was farther inside one of the barrels, then it would at least be plausible that she could have been there longer.

There is an address: 925 Hayward Street, Manchester, New Hampshire that he lived at in the late 1970's - 1981.

I am not finding that business doing Google search, however, may have to check with city directories during that time. Not sure if local library here in Springfield would have that information or not. And it may have changed names. But will continue to look.

Thank you for looking. I searched newspapers.com and found ads for a Reece Electric in Bonham, Texas during that time period, but nothing in Missouri.

Yes, that's all correct. It's possible. I didn't mean to sound otherwise. But between the 1967 discharge and being in the Navy, which didn't see as much ground combat, I still think it's unlikely he saw much if any traumatic action.

And as Alleykins said, even if it's true, it's no excuse.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

The genealogy society for St Louis is closed today. I will try to remember to call them tomorrow to see if they can search for Reece Electric in the archives.

Yes, that's all correct. It's possible. I didn't mean to sound otherwise. But between the 1967 discharge and being in the Navy, which didn't see as much ground combat, I still think it's unlikely he saw much if any traumatic action.

And as Alleykins said, even if it's true, it's no excuse.

I think Ozoner said that.
This is what I said in post #30:
We don't know what kind of action, if any, he saw during his time in the service, so I don't see how we can rule PTSD in or out at this time.

Thank you for looking. I searched newspapers.com and found ads for a Reece Electric in Bonham, Texas during that time period, but nothing in Missouri.
That would fit a pattern of his lies: half true, moved to a different location.

I think he was drunk and something set him off, throwing him into a blind fit of rage.Should we ever have the privilege of hearing what his family may have to say, I think we might find a pattern of DV and alcoholism, but this is all speculation based on what little we know.
There is a link between psychopathy and substance abuse, but the substance abuse (including alcoholism) doesn't cause the behavior; it is one more symptom of it. This article offers an explanation for some psychopathic behavior.
https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2010/03...ek-rewards-no-matter-the-consequences-109865/

There is a link between psychopathy and substance abuse, but the substance abuse (including alcoholism) doesn't cause the behavior; it is one more symptom of it. This article offers an explanation for some psychopathic behavior.
https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2010/03...ek-rewards-no-matter-the-consequences-109865/

Here's a little chart about serial killer characteristics, for quick reference. TR was an organized serial killer.
140115277ee19be1528b864a26479cd4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members