Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...I assumed bf knows about the ex, since he mentioned plans to meet the children...but now I'm not sure. Surely he knows where Crystal lives though, they had been seeing each other for 2 months.
Apparently ex didn't know about the bf, unless he very recently found out.

I think they have been seeing one another way longer than 2 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they have been seeing one another way longer than 2 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't doubt that, but is there any basis for that? I'm not trying to be sarcastic at all either, I'm just curious as to why you think so.

That could certainly explain motive, as maybe she had told him she wanted to give it another go with her ex-husband after living with him again?

Technically the phone pinged not more than 8 mikes from her TH, the EX house, The BF and the store. Is pretty centrally located between everything imo

Do we know what service provider she had? Does Baytown have a lot of cell towers in the area?

I'm wondering if she wasn't really taking the kids anywhere and if that was sort of a red herring planted by whomever took her? It seemed to be a surprise that she was up and taking the kids to Dallas out of the blue, right?

Not sure what the purpose behind it would have been other than to throw off LE. But I'm not sure how it would do so. How premeditated was the Dallas trip?

Is it possible she was telling the ex she was taking the kids to Dallas as a reason they would not be home for a while so they could go on the cruise without ex knowing? No reason to tell her uncle since he already knew about the cruise and the BF. If she hadn't have gone missing, there is no reason the uncle would have ever heard about the supposed trip to Dallas with kids.

Are those bruises on her arm?
04476a821fc928ba1a7ef5d84fd92c32.jpg

I'm wondering if she wasn't really taking the kids anywhere and if that was sort of a red herring planted by whomever took her? It seemed to be a surprise that she was up and taking the kids to Dallas out of the blue, right?

Not sure what the purpose behind it would have been other than to throw off LE. But I'm not sure how it would do so. How premeditated was the Dallas trip?

Maybe the plan was to introduce them to the boyfriend since they were leaving on the cruise with him in what...a week? He seemed weird when Banfield pointed out that he didn't know the kids when discussing the family cruise they were going on. His answer about it made me feel weird.

Is that the moon in the upper left of the billboard pic. I'm still catching up so my apologies if this jas been discussed. I have to reply as I see the posts or I forget.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Can't be the moon. The moon would have been below the horizon.

attachment.php

Attachments

• MoonBaytown.png
    MoonBaytown.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 569
I've heard he didn't work any that day when she didn't show up.. That's what I'm reading anyway..

Right, but did he text her at all when she didn't show up? If he didn't bother contacting her within say....30 minutes of her ETA, I think that is sketchy as heck!

It's not about the zoom, but rather the angle. She had to be at that angle to get that shot. If she was closer, she'd be in the grass between that road and the sign. The map doesn't show what is 'behind' that spot on that driveway, but why would she go 'farther' away from the sign if she could pull over and stay on pavement and get as close a shot as possible. Now, I would like to try to find the google map of that shot, so I could pull back even more and see if there was another road pretty close to that that she could get that angle of a shot on. I would think, though, that she'd take it from the closest that she could, without traipsing into that grass. My opinion only, as someone who has her husband pull over often to take photos, lol.

There is another road that would give a similar view but I think it is just too far. I found the pictures I posted by going to google earth and entering jewelry store, then zooming out. I don't have address right now, but I looked up Robson Jewelers in Baytown and got it.

Did no one see her at all on the Friday once she left the BF?

I looked again with the street view of Google Earth using the main intersection down the road from the billboard and it definately looks as if she could have taken it sitting at the intersection an zooming in on photo. I don't think my theory but of her getting to take it stands anymore. IMG_1914.jpg

Crystal McDowell @McXtal
·
Feb 16, 2015
You never know when it's going to be someone's last day. Hug your family tight and love openly leaving no words unsaid! Rip Sara [emoji20]

Did no one see her at all on the Friday once she left the BF?

I haven't read anything that suggests she was seen after that point.

But since we can't rule out the boyfriend at this point and since LE apparently doesn't have the full security video (why wouldn't you take the whole thing?), when was the last time she was seen by someone other than BF? Maybe the mall or the restaurant the night prior?

I was thinking the flooding moved the cars.

I am interested to know if any of the people we've discussed, including Crystal, had a habit of backing in. If someone was dumping the car, why would the person take the time to back in and park in a way that the plate was in perfect view. I've also been studying the picture of the parked Mercedes that was on the news vs an aerial view on google maps. The others cars parked near the Mercedes seem to be parked in a sloppy was ...possibly to try to park above the incoming flood. Although the parking spots do curve a bit along the grassy area, the Mercedes still appears to be nicely parked, likely within a space. I also find it odd that the person would dump a car right next to a gas station which most likely has cameras. Although I know this sounds a little far fetched, is it possibly Crystal met someone in the parking lot to sign papers, exchange papers, etc., and then was taken. Why not meet at the shell, I don't know. The car just doesn't seem like it was dumped. I don't know how to post pictures, but I'll try to figure it out and put in a new post.

Quick math in my head and thinking they didn't divorce first time because she got pregnant with her son.....

I believe he said on Ashleigh Banfield that the police had all of the video. What Ashleigh was showing wasn't time stamped but he said that LE had time stamped tape.

I haven't read anything that suggests she was seen after that point.

But since we can't rule out the boyfriend at this point and since LE apparently doesn't have the full security video (why wouldn't you take the whole thing?), when was the last time she was seen by someone other than BF? Maybe the mall or the restaurant the night prior?

Hey Everyone,

Levi Page and Sheryll McCollum are my guests tomorrow (Sunday) on Websleuths Radio.

We will be discussing this case and more.

Click Here to listen live tomorrow at 8:00 PM Eastern.

See you on the radio. Or Podcast to be exact. :)

I believe he said on Ashleigh Banfield that the police had all of the video. What Ashleigh was showing wasn't time stamped but he said that LE had time stamped tape.
According to the sheriff, they only had the stills.

[FONT=&quot]HAWTHORNE: Absolutely. But before we move on, let`s talk about the video little more. One of our concerns is he was very forthcoming with the [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]detectives today and he was going to send us this information because obviously last night, you remember you had this information before he [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]turned it over to detectives. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My concern is, we need the whole video. We don`t need the pictures that he`s produced to you or now to us. We want the whole video. So, in the [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]morning, we will get with him. You know, he doesn`t seem to mind and he was very forthcoming with us. So we just need to get the server from his video [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]system or go to the provider or we can get it from the provider. [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member