Deceased/Not Found UK - Nicola Payne, 18, Coventry, 14 Dec 1991

it would appear from things said at the trial and events that have taken place over the years that these two in many peoples eyes are the prime suspects and have been suspected all along of having killed Nicola. I fear the only way to get justice for Nicola now is to locate her body. I believe someone may know more then theyve said.

Police investigating the disappearance of teenage mother Nicola Payne carry out new searches after a witness revealed two men were 'acting suspiciously' on the day she vanished in 1991

Police investigating the disappearance of teenage mother Nicola Payne in 1991 are carrying out fresh woodland searches after receiving 'credible' new information.

The latest search was triggered after a man came forward telling police he saw two men 'acting suspiciously' around the time Nicola Payne disappeared.

Detective Chief Inspector Martin Slevin said: 'A new witness came forward and told us that he had seen two men acting suspiciously in the woods at the time Nicola went missing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arance-Nicola-Payne-carry-fresh-searches.html

Just heard about the new witness information on the radio. It's 25 years since Nicola disappeared. Thoughts are with her loved ones.
Let's hope justice isn't too far away.

Why is this witness only coming forward now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why is this witness only coming forward now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe the £10k reward? It's interesting that the police seem convinced by this witness's account, they won't be just taking their word for it so they must have some kind of proof that Nicola was taken there that day.

I wonder how the witness knows this for sure? And if they do know for sure, do they know who was responsible?

I think the police know exactly who did this, they just can't get the evidence to make it stick.

I remain convinced that they had the right men at the trial last year, hopefully they are making sure they get them properly this time.

I to believe the police got the right people last year. It's interesting that if the two men seen by one of the new witnesses acting suspicious. Are the same two suspects doesn't that prove they lied to the court about being in Coventry that day.

I to believe the police got the right people last year. It's interesting that if the two men seen by one of the new witnesses acting suspicious. Are the same two suspects doesn't that prove they lied to the court about being in Coventry that day.

The police have publicly come out and said they now *know* where Nicola was taken *on the day* she went missing. They must have been given some kind of proof to release a statement like that.

If the new witness knows this and was able to prove it to the police, then surely they must know who took her there?

I totally agree with you, they know who did it and had the right men last time, they just can't make it stick. They lied about a lot of things, I don't know how they didn't get a guilty verdict.

The only way they could be tried again is with new and compelling evidence, and that probably means finding Nicola's remains, but Coombe Abbey is a huge place, 500 acres I believe, it's going to be dificult but I do feel that she will be found and we will be seeing some familiar faces back in court one day.

I joined Websleuths today purely because of this case. I've been listening to the "Up and Vanished" podcast, and it inspired me to start digging back into it.

I went to school with Nicola, and I know her mother. She was a lovely girl. Her Dad is still absolutely shattered. Her Mum, Maz, is one of those people who'd give you the shirt off her back. During the hearing, I was amazed at how little evidence they went to trial with. Each day, I was expecting to hear the Smoking Gun evidence, but it never came. Then when we heard about the evidence contamination... Heartbreaking.

I was thinking of starting a Wiki to collate as much evidence as I possibly can about the case - maybe it will jog someone's memory.

[video=youtube;hrLb_xJsJ1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrLb_xJsJ1o[/video]

Five minutes. I made a similar trip every Sunday to a friend's house across a similar field a few hundred yards to the north of where Nicola vanished.

Someone knows what happened.

[video=youtube;YngHAbmK5Jc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngHAbmK5Jc[/video]

Sabex they know what happened it's proving it is the problem. One day hopefully her remains will be found. :(

Sabex they know what happened it's proving it is the problem. One day hopefully her remains will be found. :(

You're quite right of course. I think they've got the right guys in their crosshairs. One of them at least is certainly a nasty piece of work.

I don't think they'll find her at Coombe Abbey. Maybe she'd been taken there initially, but the place is overrun with dog walkers, and dogs are notorious for finding bits of people.

I know Coombe like the back of my hand as I grew up within cycling/walking range. There's a back entrance, but you have to use right of way access through a busy farm property after crossing a bridge over the M6, and I'm sure they wouldn't get through that at night without raising suspicion. It is a very quiet area of the park though.

There used to be a horrible patch of scrub between the Asda at Walsgrave Triangle and Coombe, and also a fairly extensive wildish area where the Sowe "river" meanders past the Walsgrave Hospital up towards Clifford Bridge Road. These two places are much less frequented by people but the latter area behind the hospital does have dog walkers. Both of these sites aren't too far away from where she was last seen, either.

Farmland seems like ideal places to hide people to me - it brings to mind Fred West's first victim (frantically googles) Anne McFall who wasn't discovered for nearly thirty years.

You're quite right of course. I think they've got the right guys in their crosshairs. One of them at least is certainly a nasty piece of work.

I don't think they'll find her at Coombe Abbey. Maybe she'd been taken there initially, but the place is overrun with dog walkers, and dogs are notorious for finding bits of people.

I know Coombe like the back of my hand as I grew up within cycling/walking range. There's a back entrance, but you have to use right of way access through a busy farm property after crossing a bridge over the M6, and I'm sure they wouldn't get through that at night without raising suspicion. It is a very quiet area of the park though.

There used to be a horrible patch of scrub between the Asda at Walsgrave Triangle and Coombe, and also a fairly extensive wildish area where the Sowe "river" meanders past the Walsgrave Hospital up towards Clifford Bridge Road. These two places are much less frequented by people but the latter area behind the hospital does have dog walkers. Both of these sites aren't too far away from where she was last seen, either.

Farmland seems like ideal places to hide people to me - it brings to mind Fred West's first victim (frantically googles) Anne McFall who wasn't discovered for nearly thirty years.
I agree I think the police have the correct people.

I'm trying to picture where you mean in my mind as I work at Walsgrave Triangle. I may have a drive up past there tomorrow (darkness permitting). I need to read back through the facts, you say she was last seen near to there? In this patch behind the asda?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back