GUILTY Australia - Jayde Kendall, 16, Gatton, Qld, 14 Aug 2015

Jayde Kendall: Brenden Bennetts faces murder trial over death of Gatton teen
ABC News
By Ellie Sibson
Updated Mon Aug 08 11:25:22 EST 2016
Posted Mon Aug 08 10:45:51 EST 2016

'A man accused of murdering teenager Jayde Kendall whose body was found on farmland west of Brisbane last year has been committed to stand trial.

Brenden Bennetts, 19, appeared in the Ipswich Magistrates Court via video link and pleaded not guilty to murdering and interfering with the corpse of the 16-year-old girl.'

'A trial will be held in the Brisbane Supreme Court at a date to be fixed.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-08/jayde-kendall-murder-trial-brenden-bennetts/7699858

I have only just come to this case so I have a few thoughts and questions:

I was wondering about whether BB was mentally ill or not. He was at least depressed IMO if you read some of his Facebook posts. But why murder Jayde? He had a girlfriend. Jayde made a post on his FB page saying his eyes looked black. Maybe that offended him. Was he employed as he had left school? I wonder whether it was planned for him to drive her that day or he just waited at the school for her to come out?

It appears that Jayde wanted to be a Psychologist one day and wanted to help him. Her father warned others not to put trust in others like this.

I wonder what ploy he used to get her into his car? To drive her to work at McDonalds that night perhaps?

Her bank account was accessed twice that afternoon. I wonder if that was before or after her death. Maybe before as he would have to know the pin number.

How did he murder her? What do you think the motive was?

[FONT=&amp]"Brenden Jacob Bennetts has pleaded not guilty to murder but guilty to manslaughter.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Crown rejected his manslaughter plea on Monday morning at Brisbane Supreme Court, where Bennettts' trial is expected to last three weeks.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Bennetts, 20, also pleaded guilty to interfering with a corpse."
[/FONT]

https://www.qt.com.au/news/jayde-kendall-murder-trial-go-ahead-despite-guilty/3219810/

Justice is getting closer! Thank you to the courts for rejecting his manslaughter plea! There appears to be good reason for this with several other girls to testify!

Glad to see the wheels of justice are finally turning for Jayde.

From your link, InDeep:

'Body too decomposed to identify cause

Ms Lowry also told the court there "may have been a fracture" to a bone in Jayde Kendall's neck, but the pathologist wasn't able to determine a cause of death due to decomposition.

Members of the public gallery cried in court as they heard details of the condition of Jayde's body.

Her head was skeletal and she was still wearing her school uniform but her underpants were in her pocket.

The court also heard a vaginal swab taken from Jayde Kendall tested positive to seminal fluid but it may have been a false positive.

Ms Lowry told the jury there would be "no DNA evidence" to help their deliberations.

She said Bennetts lied to police, his mother and friends after Jayde went missing, but he had admitted to killing her today and it was up to the jury to determine intent.

"He dumped her body in farmland," Ms Lowry said.

The court has also heard evidence of text messages exchanged between the pair:

Jayde to Bennetts: "Let's just takes things slow to start with."
Bennetts' reply: "I'm sure the never [sic] will go as things heat up."
'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...slaughter-brendan-bennets/8868962?pfmredir=sm

From your link, InDeep:

'Body too decomposed to identify cause

Ms Lowry also told the court there "may have been a fracture" to a bone in Jayde Kendall's neck, but the pathologist wasn't able to determine a cause of death due to decomposition.

Members of the public gallery cried in court as they heard details of the condition of Jayde's body.

Her head was skeletal and she was still wearing her school uniform but her underpants were in her pocket.

The court also heard a vaginal swab taken from Jayde Kendall tested positive to seminal fluid but it may have been a false positive.

Ms Lowry told the jury there would be "no DNA evidence" to help their deliberations.

She said Bennetts lied to police, his mother and friends after Jayde went missing, but he had admitted to killing her today and it was up to the jury to determine intent.

"He dumped her body in farmland," Ms Lowry said.

The court has also heard evidence of text messages exchanged between the pair:

Jayde to Bennetts: "Let's just takes things slow to start with."
Bennetts' reply: "I'm sure the never [sic] will go as things heat up."
'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...slaughter-brendan-bennets/8868962?pfmredir=sm

Oh no, no DNA? :(

Detail:

Thirteen days later, her body was found on a property at Upper Tenthill covered in grass.She was still in her Lockyer District High School uniform.
“… Her body was too decomposed for the pathologist who performed the post-mortem on her to determine her cause of death,” Ms Loury said.
It is alleged Bennetts picked Jayde up from school in his red Toyota Corolla on August 14 after they exchanged a series of messages – including 48 pictures on Snapchat – since the day before.
Ms Loury said in a message on the day Jayde went missing, she indicated she was “nervous”.
“All those messages had been deleted from his (Bennetts’) phone, but the computer analyst was able to retrieve them,” she said.
The Snapchat pictures can’t be recovered due to the nature of the app, Ms Lourey said.
The court was told there was CCTV footage of Bennetts using Jayde’s ATM card to withdraw $70.
Data from Google Maps also places him in the area where her body was found, Ms Lourey said.

More detail from InDeep's link:

'Ms Loury said Mr Bennetts and Jayde were seen by various witnesses driving away from Gatton but only Mr Bennetts returned.

"She would be dead by 5pm," Ms Loury said.

The court heard Mr Bennetts appeared to get lost trying to get back into town and used Google Maps to find his way out of the backstreets.'

http://www.smh.com.au/queensland/qld-jayde-kendall-killed-within-hours-court-20170904-p4yvpx.html

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-with-another-boy-weeks-before-alleged-murder

Slain Gatton schoolgirl Jayde Kendall never missed work but when the 16-year-old failed to turn up for her shift no one raised the alarm, a court has heard.

Jayde was meant to work at McDonald's after school on August 14, 2015 but instead got into a car with her killer Brenden Jacob Bennetts.

Bennetts, now aged 21, is on trial in the Brisbane Supreme Court for murder after the prosecution rejected his guilty plea to the lesser charge of manslaughter.The jury heard on Tuesday Jayde was a hard-working and studious girl who spent almost every spare hour, including lunch breaks, working on assignments.

Managers at McDonald's in Gatton testified the teenager never failed to show up for a shift and would always call ahead if she was too sick to work.

The court heard Jayde had been offered a chance to start work one hour earlier on the Friday at 4pm but told her boss she needed to do schoolwork.

Prosecutor Vicki Loury QC said in her opening statement Jayde would be "dead by 5pm" and her body found 13 days later covered in grass on the outskirts of town.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...l/news-story/ed0e881c37f6b4b22ed4f3ee4dbaeda1

BRENDEN Bennetts initially told police he hadn’t heard from Jayde Kendall since the day before she went missing, a court has heard.

But he didn’t know police already had records showing he had phone contact with the teenager in the hours before she vanished.

The Supreme Court jury in Bennetts murder trial has heard audio recordings of police making initial inquiries of Bennetts on August 18, 2015 — four days after Jayde’s father reported her missing.

Detective Sergeant Murray O’Connell, from Queensland Police’s homicide unit, phoned Bennetts to ask if he heard from Jayde, and a recording of the conversation was played in court this afternoon.

Bennetts told the detective he saw her the day before she went missing when he picked up a friend from McDonald’s — where she worked — but said there had been no “recent” communication.

Soon after, police went to a Grantham property to speak with Bennetts in person and told him they wanted to clarify some “discrepancies” as they knew he had been in phone contact with the 16-year-old.

“I think there might have been a few texts,” he said.

He said “I don’t have the records on me” when asked if he still had the texts, claiming his phone broke and he was using a replacement.

Bennetts said he thought “she might have said she was meeting a friend”.

“I honestly can’t remember,” he said.

When police asked if she was meeting him, Bennetts replied: “No she wasn’t meeting me, I was down in Logan”.

The court has previously heard the pair exchanged texts about 11.30am on August 14, with Jayde indicating she was nervous and Bennetts telling her she would forget her nerves “once things heat up”.

EARLIER: One of the last people to see schoolgirl Jayde Kendall alive says the 16-year-old was “really happy” when they crossed paths on a high school oval less than two hours before she died.

Brenden Bennetts, 21, is facing day two of a murder trial in the Supreme Court in Brisbane today after he pleaded not guilty to murder yesterday.

He has pleaded guilty to manslaughter, but the plea to the lesser charge was not accepted by the prosecution.

The jury has been played audio and video recordings of various child witnesses who recounted their interactions with Jayde before she was allegedly murdered on August 14, 2015, and her body was found 13 days later.

Jordan Cullinane said she and her older sister came across Jayde on the Lockyer District High School oval between 3.20 and 3.25pm on August 14.

It is alleged she was dead by 5pm that day.

Jordan said Jayde was “really happy” when they saw her.

“She said that she was good ... she’s usually a really happy person,” she told police in the interview.

Jordan said the trio discussed a funny Facebook post Jayde had put up about doing sit ups.

The jury also heard from three managers at McDonald’s in Gatton who confirmed Jayde did not turn up for her 5pm shift on August 14.

It is alleged that Bennetts picked her up from school about 3.20pm and murdered her the same day, although her cause of death is unknown.

Another child witness told police in a recording played to the jury that she saw Jayde in a red car with a black stripe on August 14.

Brittany Janson said Jayde was in the car with a man she described as “really tall ... skinny ... (with) dark brown or black hair”.

The trial continues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back