Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katia after Jose?:

After tropical storm Jose, there is a second area of concern located in the southwestern Gulf of Mexico, dubbed 95L, will bring enhanced rainfall to eastern Mexico over the next few days.

95L could gather strength as it stews in the southwestern Gulf of Mexico. The storm may wobble to the north, east and south this week, but it will move very little overall.

A large area of dry, sinking air over Texas and Louisiana will keep 95L from creeping northward into Harvey disaster areas.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weat...-tropical-storm-jose-in-the-atlantic/70002649

Zoom Zoom for you! Will include separately as it's not visibly unless zoomed into just the Keys. HTH :seeya:

attachment.php
9/5/2017 @ 1:20 pm
googlemaps.com

Thanks! Much appreciate all of them.

Weather channel:

185 MPH

926 MB

I was in key west over the weekend, was supposed to stay until Thursday/Friday. I ended up leaving last night. The drive home normally takes about 4-4.5 hours.. took me 8.5 hours to get home. So it does seem like people are starting to move out of areas that will for sure have some impact. My hotel won't refund me the money I paid though so that was upsetting but at least I'm not there now. I am getting nervous about this storm though. I live in palm beach county.. I have family that live in the area too and we all aren't sure if we're going to evacuate or not. Mainly because this is one of my mothers busy times of year for work so she can't leave beforehand and I don't want to leave her but all this cat 5 business is a little unnerving. We have hurricane windows but that only covers us up to cat 3 hurricanes.. we aren't in a good zone but the area to get into our neighborhood floods with just a little bit of rain so I'm nervous we'll be stuck or blocked from coming/going if things get really bad.

Are there any other people from Florida in the PBC area ) here? What are you all planning on doing?

I have family in Stuart and my parents are in Jupiter. They are planning on riding it out..I'm very worried. Both said unless you fly out there is no place to drive to get away. Good luck and stay safe!

Florida Keys Mandatory Evacuation

Keys Emergency Manager: “You Must Evacuate, You Cannot Afford To Stay”

A visitor evacuation is expected to begin at sunrise on Wednesday. An evacuation for residents also will be issued. The time has yet to be determined. There will be no shelters in Monroe County.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/09/0...-you-must-evacuate-you-cannot-afford-to-stay/

We usually camp in the Keys over Christmas/New Years! Stay safe my friends at KOA Sugarloaf Key, Bahia Honda State Park and John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park employees!!

EURO model moved a bit West with a weaker storm similar to Canadian model. Still an intense storm at 938 mb.

This model takes it right up the middle of Florida and stays on land into South Carolina.

Its all about the turn.....
f3e28b29d1e87876f0abbda66af30737.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

If it were at all possible I would be happy to take the rain or Irma, we here in Montana are still on fire. I pray it fizzles out and you all remain safe and dry.

I live just outside of Tampa on the west coast. I am in Louisiana on an extended business trip so I will miss this hurricane if it impacts Florida. My family is there however and they said it is total panic. The stores are running out of water, there were lines at Sams Club and Costco before they opened and both have no water left. Gas stations are beginning to run out of gas. There are no flashlight batteries on the shelves at any store you go into. Lowe's put out 8 generators yesterday and they were all sold out in an hour.
It's horrible because there is no way to know at this point if you should evacuate since the storm is still too far away to determine where it will impact. Let's pray it goes somewhere away from the US.. it would be nice if it turned straight north into the middle of the Atlantic within the next 24 hours.

Florida Keys Mandatory Evacuation

Keys Emergency Manager: “You Must Evacuate, You Cannot Afford To Stay”

A visitor evacuation is expected to begin at sunrise on Wednesday. An evacuation for residents also will be issued. The time has yet to be determined. There will be no shelters in Monroe County.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/09/0...-you-must-evacuate-you-cannot-afford-to-stay/

We usually camp in the Keys over Christmas/New Years! Stay safe my friends at KOA Sugarloaf Key, Bahia Honda State Park and John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park employees!!

That's a fact! To bet on Irma not hitting the Keys and to lose means there is nowhere to run. There's exactly one highway out and I'm sure the traffic is already getting heavy.

Distance from Key West to Homestead = about 130 miles, 3 hours driving. In an evacuation that time is going to multiply by many times over. Leave now guys!

Two of my girls are in South Florida. Both have houses with heavy duty shutters and garages for their vehicles. One is in the Coconut Grove area of Miami; her husband is planning to ride it out since they have three pets but she and the baby plan to leave the city, mainly because power will go if Irma hits.

My other daughter hasn't decided yet but her family is further north and west so they may be better off staying put. Her husband also has to prep his law office so they may stay.

I've invited both families to come out here because I have room for all of them in my house but mostly for selfish reasons since I haven't seen them since May!

I'm still hoping Irma will take a northward turn and run out to open water. But that's looking more and more like pie in the sky.

No forecast scenarios exist for out to sea....it will hit land somewhere.

Noon GFS model shows 2 possible landings....South FL, then rides up the coast to Charleston.
The premise is that it's going to turn earlier than initially thought.

Noon Canadian model has the opposite...it's going to dip south, lose momentum from the islands, then turn up the western coast of Florida, making a landing in the tallahassee, FL area.

Will post EURO once available. The midnight version did show some western movement so we shall see what they think.

Regardless, Florida has impact.

Its all about the turn....

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/ana..._frzn&runtime=2017090512&fh=120&xpos=0&ypos=0
abc7d6da0c9d49e848fe150b6bfd8071.jpg
045ea98a96107d5ee86f2af558acedff.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

"No forecast scenarios exist for out to sea...it will hit land somewhere."

Thanks Henry2326, but I had hoped you'd write something different. I defer to your knowledge though. Guess it's just wishful thinking that it would change direction.

I wanted to believe that since it's not predicted to hit Florida for four or five more days, there would still be a chance it could go another way.

I looked and did find several articles about Hurricane Charlie making a sudden turn in 2004, but the difference was only 70 miles. It still hit land. Didn't make a big turn and move out to the ocean.

Ugh. What a helpless and frightening feeling for so many...

That's a fact! To bet on Irma not hitting the Keys and to lose means there is nowhere to run. There's exactly one highway out and I'm sure the traffic is already getting heavy.

Distance from Key West to Homestead = about 130 miles, 3 hours driving. In an evacuation that time is going to multiply by many times over. Leave now guys!

Two of my girls are in South Florida. Both have houses with heavy duty shutters and garages for their vehicles. One is in the Coconut Grove area of Miami; her husband is planning to ride it out since they have three pets but she and the baby plan to leave the city, mainly because power will go if Irma hits.

My other daughter hasn't decided yet but her family is further north and west so they may be better off staying put. Her husband also has to prep his law office so they may stay.

I've invited both families to come out here because I have room for all of them in my house but mostly for selfish reasons since I haven't seen them since May!

I'm still hoping Irma will take a northward turn and run out to open water. But that's looking more and more like pie in the sky.

So sorry you're dealing with this! You stomach must be in knots. We will add your daughters and their families to our list. Prayers of safety for them.

Please keep us posted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member