GUILTY Australia - Jayde Kendall, 16, Gatton, Qld, 14 Aug 2015

How do these young men think that they are going to get away with it? Do they think that females are just disposable and the rest of the rest of the world thinks that too? Where do men get these ideas from?

How do these young men think that they are going to get away with it? Do they think that females are just disposable and the rest of the rest of the world thinks that too? Where do men get these ideas from?
I believe he'd had these fantasies for a while and perhaps considered killing someone part of his education as a writer. I'm not sure he cared much beforehand about whether he was caught. If he had he would have been more careful about his social media image.

hi, there doesn't appear to be any court reporting today. would be day 3 i think. will keep an eye out.

I'm so sad for Jayde, it sounds like she was such a conscientious girl and it is expected and positive that she was interested in becoming romantically involved with someone - another aspect of her adult life starting to blossom. Excited when she saw her friends. What a deep betrayal.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...jayde-kendall-court-told-20170905-p4yvqr.html

The trial continues on Thursday.
Brenden Bennetts lied to police about his contact with Gatton schoolgirl Jayde Kendall then changed his story when confronted with evidence, his Brisbane murder trial has heard.

Jayde was last seen alive getting into Bennetts' distinctive red Toyota Corolla after school on August 14, 2015.
Jayde Kendall was killed in 2015.

Jayde Kendall was killed in 2015.
Photo: Supplied

The 16-year-old was found dead 13 days later covered in grass on the outskirts of town.

Bennetts has admitted to killing the teenager and interfering with her corpse but denied he intended to cause her death.

The Brisbane Supreme Court heard on Tuesday homicide investigators knew from phone records that Bennetts and Jayde had exchanged several texts throughout the Friday.

The 18-year-old was also the last person to message Jayde shortly before she disappeared.

When detective sergeant Murray O'Connell called Bennetts on August 18 he claimed he saw Jayde "once in a blue moon" but last spoke to her on Thursday evening at the McDonalds where she worked while he was picking up his friend Matthew Ross.

"We weren't really close," Bennetts told sergeant O'Connell.

The court heard detectives later went to Mr Ross' house to speak to Bennetts and told him they knew he had texted Jayde on Friday.

Bennetts said he couldn't remember what the messages were and recently wiped his old mobile when he replaced his phone.

"I think she might have said she was meeting a friend," Bennetts told police.

"I honestly can't really remember.

"She wasn't meeting me, I was down in Logan."

The court has previously heard the text messages between Bennetts and Jayde were later recovered and showed the pair had arranged to meet after school.

Numerous people who lived and worked near the area where Jayde's body was found testified to seeing a young man driving a red hatchback on Friday evening.

Prosecutor Vicki Loury QC said in her opening statement Bennetts appeared to get lost trying to get back into town and used Google Maps to find his way out of the back streets.

Three of Bennetts' former girlfriends are expected to testify he tried to strangle them while they were having sex and had to push or kick him away to get his hands off their throats.

Bennetts, now aged 21, remains in custody and has pleaded guilty to manslaughter but not guilty to murder.

AAP
Topics

Crime

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

I am so relieved that Jayde's case is finally before the courts.
I also acknowledge that it is heartbreaking.
It reads as if she was the fly in a narcissistic web.
At least the perp has had his activities restricted since his arrest.
His incarceration may have come as a relief to his GF imo, as he used her suburb of residence as an alibi.

If you think back, some of Jayde's belongings were found early on, on the way to Logan.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/09/07/10/50/bennetts-claimed-he-helped-jayde-kendall
The man accused of murdering Gatton schoolgirl Jayde Kendall once took bondage sex "too far" with an ex-girlfriend, a court has heard.

Brenden Bennetts, 21, has admitting killing the 16-year-old but is on trial for murder as he claims her death was not intentional.

Jayde's decomposed body was found in a field 13 days after she disappeared in August 2015. It is not known how she died.

The Brisbane Supreme Court has heard Bennetts engaged in consensual strangulation with three former girlfriends but had taken it too far on two occasions.

The woman who was dating Bennetts when he killed Jayde testified on Thursday their relationship involved consensual bondage sex, including choking each other.
"There was one occasion where it went a little too far," she said.

"He put his hands around my throat and squeezed tighter than normal.
I had trouble breathing. I kicked him off. He untied me and he was very apologetic."

The court heard the incident left a faint bruise on the woman's neck and the pair did not engage in consensual choking after that.

Another former girlfriend of Bennetts testified they mostly had "rough sex" including neck biting, hair pulling and strangulation.

"It was more that I received it," she said.

A third former girlfriend also testified she was making out with Bennetts against a wall when he put his hand around her neck, with consent.

She said as things got more heated the pressure increased until it hurt so she pushed Bennetts away. He then apologised and never did it again.

Bennetts has pleaded not guilty to murder but guilty to manslaughter.

The Crown has not accepted his plea to the lesser charge.

The trial continues.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y/news-story/ca576f3ebb8ebf747e0645f69c89120d
THREE former sexual partners of murder-accused Brenden Bennetts have told a Supreme Court jury he strangled them during sex.

One of the women was Bennetts’ girlfriend at the time Jayde Kendall, 16, went missing in August, 2015.

She said the pair often engaged in bondage and strangulation, but one day it “went a little too far”.

“He put his hands around my throat and squeezed tighter than normal,” she said.

“I had trouble breathing. I kicked him off.

“He untied me and he was very apologetic.”

Another woman said she had “rough sex” with Bennetts often including “hands around the throat, some choking”.

A third woman said Bennetts once put his hands against her throat and pushed her against a wall, but when she protested he apologised and never did it again.

Earlier today Bennetts’ mum broke down while giving evidence for the prosecution in her son’s murder trial.
Wanda Bennetts gave evidence for about half an hour after being called by the Crown.

Wanda Bennetts gave evidence for about half an hour on Thursday after being called by the Crown.

She became emotional when asked about conversations she had with her son about Jayde Kendall’s disappearance.

One conversation was on August 18, 2015, after police had interviewed Bennetts about the then-missing schoolgirl.

“Brenden told me that (police had) taken his car and his laptop and his phone and he told me that he’d picked Jayde up from school,” she said before breaking down in tears.

“He said that he’d picked Jayde up from school and dropped her off at a bus station, that she had texted him on the Thursday asking for a favour, so Brenden picked her up from school on the Friday.

“ ... I said I was annoyed, pissed off.

“I started to cry and I asked him how come you never said anything.”

The jury is now being played a video recording of Bennetts’ younger sister being interviewed by police.
Accused killer Brenden Bennetts.
Jayde Kendall was found dead in a paddock in 2015.

The trial continues tomorrow.

EARLIER: In the days after she went missing, Brenden Bennetts told police that Jayde Kendall had left town and “just needed to take a break”, a court has heard.

A Supreme Court jury sitting in on day four of Bennetts’ murder trial, was today played an audio recording of an interview Bennetts gave to police.

Bennetts, 21, has pleaded guilty to manslaughter, but it was not accepted by the prosecution and a murder trial began in Brisbane on Monday.

Jayde, a 16-year-old high school student, was found dead in a paddock south of Gatton 13 days after her father reported her missing in August, 2015.

Bennetts spoke to police after Jayde was reported missing and he was confronted with an image of himself at an ATM in Gatton withdrawing money from her account the afternoon she went missing.

He said he was getting money out for Jayde, who was “under pressure” and “just needed to take a break from everything”.

“I thought she would be back by now to be honest, but apparently not,” he said.

“She made me promise to give her as much time as possible before I talk to you guys.

“You guys particularly you know, police.”

Bennetts said he dropped Jayde off on the highway and thought she might have been going to Brisbane.

“If I could go back and change it I would ... letting her get out of the car,” he said.

The trial continues.

He is trying the same lame defense used by the who killed Sierra Lamar. > ' She must have run off because of all the stress of being a teen in high school.' :no:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y/news-story/ca576f3ebb8ebf747e0645f69c89120d
THREE former sexual partners of murder-accused Brenden Bennetts have told a Supreme Court jury he strangled them during sex.

One of the women was Bennetts’ girlfriend at the time Jayde Kendall, 16, went missing in August, 2015.

She said the pair often engaged in bondage and strangulation, but one day it “went a little too far”.

“He put his hands around my throat and squeezed tighter than normal,” she said.

“I had trouble breathing. I kicked him off.

“He untied me and he was very apologetic.”

Another woman said she had “rough sex” with Bennetts often including “hands around the throat, some choking”.

A third woman said Bennetts once put his hands against her throat and pushed her against a wall, but when she protested he apologised and never did it again.

Earlier today Bennetts’ mum broke down while giving evidence for the prosecution in her son’s murder trial.
Wanda Bennetts gave evidence for about half an hour after being called by the Crown.

Wanda Bennetts gave evidence for about half an hour on Thursday after being called by the Crown.

She became emotional when asked about conversations she had with her son about Jayde Kendall’s disappearance.

One conversation was on August 18, 2015, after police had interviewed Bennetts about the then-missing schoolgirl.

“Brenden told me that (police had) taken his car and his laptop and his phone and he told me that he’d picked Jayde up from school,” she said before breaking down in tears.

“He said that he’d picked Jayde up from school and dropped her off at a bus station, that she had texted him on the Thursday asking for a favour, so Brenden picked her up from school on the Friday.

“ ... I said I was annoyed, pissed off.

“I started to cry and I asked him how come you never said anything.”

The jury is now being played a video recording of Bennetts’ younger sister being interviewed by police.
Accused killer Brenden Bennetts.
Jayde Kendall was found dead in a paddock in 2015.

The trial continues tomorrow.

EARLIER: In the days after she went missing, Brenden Bennetts told police that Jayde Kendall had left town and “just needed to take a break”, a court has heard.

A Supreme Court jury sitting in on day four of Bennetts’ murder trial, was today played an audio recording of an interview Bennetts gave to police.

Bennetts, 21, has pleaded guilty to manslaughter, but it was not accepted by the prosecution and a murder trial began in Brisbane on Monday.

Jayde, a 16-year-old high school student, was found dead in a paddock south of Gatton 13 days after her father reported her missing in August, 2015.

Bennetts spoke to police after Jayde was reported missing and he was confronted with an image of himself at an ATM in Gatton withdrawing money from her account the afternoon she went missing.

He said he was getting money out for Jayde, who was “under pressure” and “just needed to take a break from everything”.

“I thought she would be back by now to be honest, but apparently not,” he said.

“She made me promise to give her as much time as possible before I talk to you guys.

“You guys particularly you know, police.”

Bennetts said he dropped Jayde off on the highway and thought she might have been going to Brisbane.

“If I could go back and change it I would ... letting her get out of the car,” he said.

The trial continues.

BBM. I wonder what horror came of this? Strike that — I really don't want to know. If his younger sister is still a minor and identifiable by his surname, her statement won't be reported in MSM anyway.

Does anyone know how to see the transcripts from this trial? Seems expensive!

Has anyone ever got the transcripts from trials in Australia? If so, what's the process?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n/news-story/938b09a3b1ee4a5c905e38994e1c7d55

A SUPREME Court jury has been shown a flurry of text messages between Jayde Kendall and her alleged murderer, Brenden Bennetts, in the hours before she died.

Detective Sergeant Adam Riley from the Queensland Police homicide investigation unit is giving evidence about the records collected from Optus for Jayde’s phone number.

The records show Jayde and Bennetts sent a string of messages to each other from 11.10am on August 14, 2015 — the day the schoolgirl died.

Bennetts texted her first and said: “better have worn your formal outfit”.

Jayde replied: “Sorry id rather have warm legs”.

Later, Bennetts said “not long to go now” and Jayde replied that she was “nervous”.

“Don’t be :),” Bennetts responded.

“I’m sure the never (nerves) will go once things heat up.”

Jayde said “lets just take things slowly to start with, because — Yah?”

When Bennetts said “We can do that”, Jayde replied: “Okay, Thats a bit better”.

The jury has gone home for the day and the trial will resume on Monday.

EARLIER 11.50AM: Jayde Kendall may have had a fractured bone in her neck commonly found in victims of strangulation, a court has been told.

But a forensic pathologist also said a defect at birth could not be ruled out.

Jayde, 16, was found dead in a paddock south of Gatton on August 27, 2015 — 13 days after her father reported her missing.

Brenden Bennetts, 21, has pleaded not guilty to her murder and is facing a trial in the Supreme Court after his guilty plea to manslaughter was not accepted by prosecutors.

Forensic pathologist Dr Beng Beng Ong gave evidence this morning, and said Jayde may have had a small fracture in her hyoid bone — a U-shaped bone in the middle of the neck.

“If a person has been manually strangled one of the common findings is a fracture of the hyoid bone,” Dr Ong said.

He said another explanation would be a congenital defect and later said he “can’t confirm if it is a definite fracture”.

Yesterday, the court heard evidence from three women who claimed Bennetts strangled them during rough sex.

A property owner at Upper Tenthill gave evidence this morning that he discovered Jayde’s body after smelling a strong odour.

Pictures of her school uniform, which she was still wearing when her body was discovered, were shown to the jury.

The trial continues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back