Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell what bag she's carrying in the home security video? Different bag?
I looked, but on my phone and can't tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different bag. They have not found the one in the video.

Hmm. Did everyone see the update from Equusearch, today?

09/06/17 — The Chambers County Sheriff’s Office has requested our immediate help on the search for Crystal McDowell. We will be in need of searchers on foot and ATVs. We will be meeting on West Bay Road and Highway 99, east of the Cedar Bayou Bridge on Highway 99. Your Search Coordinator is David White, and he can be reached at (281) 799-9586.

Ex-husband works at PBP INC, correct?

They are searching today about 9-10 miles away from PBP (5151 Grand Pkwy). Check it out on Google Maps.

Edit - I stand corrected. It's maybe 9,000-10,000 feet from PBP, INC?
Oh wow! But how did he find out he didn't have to work? Did he go there or get a call?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Oh wow! But how did he find out he didn't have to work? Did he go there or get a call?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Apparently he called in that morning saying that he was going to be late and his boss told him to just stay home since everyone else was taking off anyway (to prepare for the hurricane).

It's unclear if he knew this before or after he told Crystal to meet him there.

I have a lot to say and I hope I can get it all out here without confusing everyone. Just listened to Nancy Grace podcast. And something is sticking out to me that I missed before. They seem to be really questioning the text about Dallas. But we've all seen it right? It was sent from her phone to the Ex husband. Uncle was claiming from beginning he didn't think she sent that text. Ok.... but it exists AND it was sent Thursday night when she was with her boyfriend. Am I right? In the podcast, BF says they had a conversation about whether to leave town or stay home. So to me that says.... they DID consider leaving town!! He says they decided to stay. She also sends text to husband Friday, saying she was gonna stay. So what I'm hung up on....is WHY they are acting like this going to Dallas text is such a big deal!! She knew her uncle was going to Dallas, so isn't it possible in the conversation with the BF..Dallas is a place they may have discussed?? The other dude on the podcast says basically it was the ex who sent them in the direction of Dallas, away from the ping... but the ex provided the text that ALSO said she had decided to stay!! Putting all this together, I really feel like they are trying to pin something on the husband and what they are going off of (this text about Dallas) makes no sense to me!! It's so easy to explain!! Why is this being discussed as some kind of mystery?? Because the uncle didn't know about the conversation between the BF and CM about possibly leaving town before he storm? Because the BF is denying he knew about it? To me, it sounds like and feels like...they are using that ONE thing to place blame on the ex and it doesn't even make sense. Why? Because it actually makes sense that if she and BF were discussing possibly leaving and maybe during that conversation the ex texts her about the daughter wanting her mom to come home so in the middle of the discussion with BF, she texts she may go to Dallas! Makes perfect sense. They change their mind that night and her text changes the next morning to indicate she's gonna stay. And let me say this...if she didn't send that text about Dallas....who did?? Well who was she with that night when the text was sent???? Her BOYFRIEND. So if anyone other than her sent it, he had the opportunity. But the whole Dallas thing to me is a big nothing burger that is being turned into something major. I. Don't. Get. It. Help a girl out if anyone can make this make sense. Please!!

And why didn't Nancy Grace ask him about their conversation about leaving town? Why didn't she ask him what places they were considering leaving to if they decided to leave?? Wish she would have.

I have a lot to say and I hope I can get it all out here without confusing everyone. Just listened to Nancy Grace podcast. And something is sticking out to me that I missed before. They seem to be really questioning the text about Dallas. But we've all seen it right? It was sent from her phone to the Ex husband. Uncle was claiming from beginning he didn't think she sent that text. Ok.... but it exists AND it was sent Thursday night when she was with her boyfriend. Am I right? In the podcast, BF says they had a conversation about whether to leave town or stay home. So to me that says.... they DID consider leaving town!! He says they decided to stay. She also sends text to husband Friday, saying she was gonna stay. So what I'm hung up on....is WHY they are acting like this going to Dallas text is such a big deal!! She knew her uncle was going to Dallas, so isn't it possible in the conversation with the BF..Dallas is a place they may have discussed?? The other dude on the podcast says basically it was the ex who sent them in the direction of Dallas, away from the ping... but the ex provided the text that ALSO said she had decided to stay!! Putting all this together, I really feel like they are trying to pin something on the husband and what they are going off of (this text about Dallas) makes no sense to me!! It's so easy to explain!! Why is this being discussed as some kind of mystery?? Because the uncle didn't know about the conversation between the BF and CM about possibly leaving town before he storm? Because the BF is denying he knew about it? To me, it sounds like and feels like...they are using that ONE thing to place blame on the ex and it doesn't even make sense. Why? Because it actually makes sense that if she and BF were discussing possibly leaving and maybe during that conversation the ex texts her about the daughter wanting her mom to come home so in the middle of the discussion with BF, she texts she may go to Dallas!! Makes perfect sense. They change their mind that night and her text changes the next morning to indicate she's gonna stay. And let me say this...if she didn't send that text about Dallas....who did?? Well who was she with that night when the text was sent???? Her BOYFRIEND. So if anyone other than her sent it, he had the opportunity. But the whole Dallas thing to me is a big nothing burger that is being turned into something major. I. Don't. Get. It. Help a girl out if anyone can make this make sense. Please!!

This is what I have been trying to say. Boyfriend has access to everything.....

Crystal, her car, her phone etc.

It was NOT Crystal who sent those texts.

I'm confused. I thought the Dallas text was sent to ex after she left BF's apartment the day she went missing.

I'm confused. I thought the Dallas text was sent to ex after she left BF's apartment the day she went missing.

She already knew about going to Dallas because she knew her uncle was going up there.

My point is that the reason they are suspicious of that text is because it was sent after she left the BF's apartment and apparently some believe the ex sent it himself to make people search for her in Dallas. Regardless, it makes no sense to me because she said she was taking the kids and she never picked the kids up so obviously she wouldn't go to Dallas without her children.

I think I just confused myself even more, lol.

No, that's what I'm saying. I think that's what everyone is missing! That text was sent the night before!! The night she and Bf were discussing whether to stay and ride out the storm or leave town. The next morning she sends a text to ex that says she's going to stay! I would post the texts here but not sure if that's allowed.

She knew her uncle was going to Dallas, so isn't it possible in the conversation with the BF..Dallas is a place they may have discussed??

It sounds like it was the ex who first told cops that she may have gone to Dallas. The uncle thought it was weird since she never mentioned it to him. I think it's safe to say that she sent it if it was sent on Thursday night. I'm sure the cops also saw the follow-up text where Crystal said she may stay in town instead. Then we have the bf saying that they planned to watch Game of Thrones together all weekend, but we see a text from her that morning where she tells him that she might take the kids somewhere if they want to leave. So I think that her plans were still very much up in the air that morning.

Gosh the location doesn't look good for her ex. I was hoping he had nothing to do with this. Still hoping.

My point is that the reason they are suspicious of that text is because it was sent after she left the BF's apartment and apparently some believe the ex sent it himself to make people search for her in Dallas. Regardless, it makes no sense to me because she said she was taking the kids and she never picked the kids up so obviously she wouldn't go to Dallas without her children.

I think I just confused myself even more, lol.

But it wasn't!! It was sent the night before. And then a follow up text the next morning said she was gonna stay. Meaning she was no longer gonna take them to Dallas.

I don't think we can make a theory with the little we have. I missed GMA, but did you really expect it would go in depth?

No, just hoping for something new.

What if she wanted the ex to think she was possibly going to Dallas, but she really planned to stay with the kids at her bf's all weekend and hang out. "Kids we are going to stay at a friend's house during the storm and if it gets really bad, we can go to Dallas." I have been in a new relationship, post divorce, and it can be intoxicating and looking for every spare moment to spend together, but not yet wanting kids, ex or family to really know many of the details. You don't want people to get the wrong idea that it was overlapping your marriage, nor do you want anyone to squash your happiness by telling you not to rush into a relationship. These may also be reason bf was inconsistent about how long they have been dating.
Just some thoughts...

It sounds like it was the ex who first told cops that she may have gone to Dallas. The uncle thought it was weird since she never mentioned it to him. I think it's safe to say that she sent it if it was sent on Thursday night. I'm sure the cops also saw the follow-up text where Crystal said she may stay in town instead. Then we have the bf saying that they planned to watch Game of Thrones together all weekend, but we see a text from her that morning where she tells him that she might take the kids somewhere if they want to leave. So I think that her plans were still very much up in the air that morning.

And that brings up something else. If she was originally going to spend the weekend in Dallas with her kids then that tells me she was planning on having them for the weekend. So WHY is the BF saying they were gonna be watching Game of Thrones, just the two of them??

But it wasn't!! It was sent the night before. And then a follow up text the next morning said she was gonna stay. Meaning she was no longer gonna take them to Dallas.
Well, I'm glad to hear that. Seems like that points away from the ex to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23