Identified! AR - Blytheville, WhtFem 449UFAR, 18-36, 'Kim' tattoo, Jun'78 - Kimberlin Mills

We are not sure if her family has been located and notified , so that might be why the names are being withheld.

But his family knew her.

We are not sure if her family has been located and notified , so that might be why the names are being withheld.
But his family knew her.

I'm glad they've been identified and hope they can find Kim's family. A few of the cases I've followed, like these two, James Reymer (NC UP) and Andrew Kuiper have been solved this year. It gives me hope that more will be found, but I've noticed a pattern, that a lot of these folks haven't been reported, and in James's case, under reported.

Wow....thank you!!!!! Please keep us informed!!!!!

A CODIS hit on one of his siblings.

His sibling was jailed on a minor offense, and was required to give DNA for the known offender DNA registry in CODIS. The close familial relationship was flagged to this case.

Wow! That is amazing!

Great news.

It also tells us that CODIS does familial/partial matches (something I didn't know). It also informs us that some states take DNA for minor crimes (I guess this varies by state).

A CODIS hit on one of his siblings.

His sibling was jailed on a minor offense, and was required to give DNA for the known offender DNA registry in CODIS. The close familial relationship was flagged to this case.

Very happy to hear this. Hopefully once her family is notified we'll learn more. Hopefully it helps lead to their killer too.

:loveyou::loveyou: Wonderful!! What hope this gives us. It saddens me it took this long but I believe all our Does will be able to come home one day. I'm glad Kim has her name and her family back.

Wonder why they were never listed as missing?

wooooHOOOOO! So glad they're going home.

Condolences to the families and friends who have been missing them for so long.

Just got word that they are about 3 weeks from getting a positive ID on the Jane Doe, but they are confident enough that they are OK with us releasing their names.

The Jane Doe is (Likely) Kim Mills of Millington, Michigan.

RIP Kim Mills
Thank you for the update.
This breaks my heart but I'm also glad for their families.

ETA: I hope you will post a picture of her here if you can

Though their murder is still unsolved, it is nice to know that they are finally identified. I hope Jimmy and Kim are at peace!

Thanks for letting us know, Carl.

So glad these two finally have their names back. It looks like Jimmy may have been on the run when he was murdered... which makes me wonder why he wasn't matched sooner through fingerprints. RIP Jimmy and Kim.

http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/otis2/otis2profile.aspx?mdocNumber=150048

Yes. We figured that someone would eventually figure it out. His sister wanted us to hold off temporarily on revealing that fact.

But now that someone has found his MDOC page, I'll go ahead and explain the situation.

I've said that they weren't reported "Missing". I was being a bit coy. Jimmy was a fugitive. He had gone AWOL from a prison release program after serving a two year sentence for theft. Kim fled with him. So the family knew that authorities were looking for both of them.

But they weren't "missing persons" per se. They were fugitives. That is why the families never reported them missing.

The sister says that the last time they heard from them was the day they died. Kim sent a letter home from the diner in Arkansas - the same diner where they were seen by others prior to their deaths.

She said that the authorities on a few occasions came to them trying to find out if they knew anything about Jimmy's or Kim's whereabouts. They didn't believe the family when they said they had no idea where they were, and hadn't heard from them since 78.

Do you think that a lawman or bounty hunter killed them?

Do you think that a lawman or bounty hunter killed them?

I think a bounty hunter would have turned them in. I doubt there was a price tag on his head for a small crime.

I think they met up with the wrong person

No luck on classmates?

Nothing in Classmates or Ancestry.

And I just checked with the Millington High School librarian. They have no record of a Kim Mills attending that school from 71 - 77 either in their yearbooks or school records.

Nothing in Classmates or Ancestry.

And I just checked with the Millington High School librarian. They have no record of a Kim Mills attending that school from 71 - 77 either in their yearbooks or school records.

Have they said how old she was yet, CarlK?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back