Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...I'm going to say backed in. Mostly because the other cars are facing forward except hers and the white one. Then I thought maybe she parked on gas station side and her car floated foward, but.....that's out because it looks like the other cars floated TOWARDS the gas station, not away.

What I do find interesting is she is parked in between the gas station and the motel. From the way it sounded, she was parked directly in a spot in front of the motel. This makes it seem like she could have gone to the gas station OR the motel. To park in that mid-lot makes me think she was meeting someone there to drop something off, not to meet at the Motel 6. IF she drove her car there.....

I was messing around with the map today, zooming and and out and trying to figure out exactly where she was parked. I agree with you that her car was backed into the spot and facing the hotel rooms. IMO, it makes absolutely no sense for her to park there if she meant to go to the gas station behind her. It wouldn't have been that busy that early in the morning, and there is plenty of parking there. Plus, unless she wanted to walk over a grassy divider in heels, she would have needed to follow it to the next paved area and then walked to the store. It just seems so unnecessary. I don't think she was ever at that Motel 6.

The pink / purple dress is apparently the night before she went missing at BF's (kitchen video) but i am scratching my head because the pic posted (on FB) from work earlier in the day (Aug 24) she seemed to be wearing a black jumpsuit ( maybe?) or at least it looked like pants not dress (on bottom) different from the black dress she is shown leaving in the morning of Aug 25.

:banghead:

(ETA: Did she change her clothes after work???)

I could have it all wrong tho, i'm only human.

:sorry:

The pink / purple dress is apparently the night before she went missing when she arrived at BF's but i am scratching my head because the pic posted (on FB) from work earlier in the day (Aug 24) she seemed to be wearing a black jumpsuit ( maybe?) or at least it looked like pants not dress (on bottom) different from the black dress she is shown leaving in the morning of Aug 25.

:banghead:

I could have it all wrong tho, i'm only human.

:sorry:

I have to dress up for work and I live quite a ways away. If I know I have errands to run after work, I always bring a change of clothes so I can be more comfy. Her being in one "work" outfit for the day then changing mid-day makes total sense to me. Sometimes my hubby sees me all dressy leaving for work and I come home in a tank, shorts and flip flops, lol! CM being in different outfits in a day doesn't phase me and makes sense in my mind :D

I think because the time on the water picture says 7am, which would have been before Crystal left the apartment. Also, maybe because the photo she allegedly snapped and sent from his store that morning. Her real estate billboard.

Here's my guess. If she took the picture and sent it (something like 7:23 or whenever it was) and he was posting the water picture from the store at 7am, it would show he was not at home in the shower, but rather at the store when she got there and took the picture.

Is that relevant in that context? Maybe because he said he was home at that time, not at the store.

Overall, I don't think it's relevant because, as others said, the time stamp appears to be different based on which time zone you're viewing it from. So, if I'm on the east coast -- which I am -- if I see the stamp as say 10am, that would mean he actually posted it at 9 of he is in central time zone (which I think he is) or what have you.

For the record, when I look at the photo, the time stamp says 9am, which means he posted it at 8am central time.

What is "the water picture ?" I feel like I must have missed a whole page of info somewhere.

[FONT=&quot]BANFIELD: So you feel good about Paul`s alibi. What about her ex-husband and her Uncle Jeff and any other people you may have spoken to?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]HAWTHORNE: Well, the list is so long, Ashleigh, I just have to be honest with you. Crystal has so many friends, so many acquaintances, whether it [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]be from Expressjet, her 10 years there, or the success that she`s been having in real estate. So we`ve have brought in more additional [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]professionals to help us. Like, the Texas Rangers have brought in some more Rangers to assist me. And then also now the Texas attorney general`s [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]office showed up today to also lend some expertise and some of their...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Way to dodge the question, Hawthorne! This snippet is pretty telling, IMO. He'd just finished saying that he believes the bf's alibi to be accurate, so it stands to reason that if the ex also had a believable alibi there would be no reason for him not to share that. But for some reason, rather than Banfield asking him straight up ("And have you confirmed the ex's alibi?) she groups the ex in with her uncle and "any other people" they've spoken to. It's almost as if she wanted to go on record as having asked about the ex's alibi, but sensed that he probably wouldn't have wanted to answer it so she gave him an easy out, which he graciously took.

I think Banfield greatly suspects the ex and can tell that Hawthorne does too. She knows that being too forward about it may compromise the investigation, so she keeps following up all of her comments about how shady the ex is with "But we just want to remind everyone that he is not a suspect in this case." [/FONT]

If you listen to the Mightline segment, now the boyfriend says they have only been dating a few weeks and he can't look at the interviewer either.

First he says they have been dating two months, then a month and now he says a few weeks.

Just an observation, judging by the placement of her car in this video (link cued up to start playing where car is parked...) https://youtu.be/F6szaOVGJT4?t=1m10s

FWIW, it seems her car MAY NOT have been backed in (...irrelevant but noted) https://goo.gl/maps/SJXLkzEMb3C2

ETA: Thoughts? Feedback??? Perceptions?? (LOL)
Someone posted a picture of the area without flooding. There person would have had to drive across a sidewalk and large grassy area. Probably backed in.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you listen to the Mightline segment, now the boyfriend says they have only been dating a few weeks and he can't look at the interviewer either.

First he says they have been dating two months, then a month and now he says a few weeks.

I'm really not sure it matters if his alibi is solid. I think he doesn't know how to quantify their time together...they most likely weren't exclusive, probably didn't have opportunity to see each other often and when he says the week or two before she disappeared they were getting closer is probably when they started sleeping together. Also let's face it, if he's seeing others he doesn't really want to clarify it.

J.M.O.

I just had an opportunity to watch a short video clip (1:58) of A. Banfield show.

My first impression of the kitchen scene was that CM was slouching a little like she may have had too much to drink. No judgement there.

And when she was walking to her car I noticed like a lot of other posters that she looked around a bit. She might have been thinking about the incoming storm?

This is all my observations and opinion.

I agree with others that TxEq coming back is a big deal.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2017/09/07/mom-mysteriously-disappears-hurricane-harvey-texas.cnn

It is not uncommon when going through a divorce that one or both parties hires a PI. Maybe she is looking around because she suspects she could be watched or she is hoping no one sees her at BF's because she doesn't want her EX to know where and what she is up to.

Maybe it's me but I always look around before I get in my car.
Might be because of the movie Cape Fear tho [emoji6]

J.M.O.

This has a Tara Grinstead vibe to it....I became familiar with her case by the Vanished podcast.

I actually found this story after following the Grinstead story for a long time. Figured this post would be a decent one to intro myself with.....Trying to catch up this morning but the "last page" number keeps growing faster than I can close in.

Kinda picked this story out semi-randomly as it was a fresh story from Tx, not far from my home in LA.

Gotta say, it's crazy, but I do love the real life mystery. I won't claim I'm a great detective, but in the past few years I have learned that many of the "pro" detectives aren't either. So many rely on word of others to do their work for them.

Anyway, back to catching up.

Is there a timeline available? I am so confused, even after reading through the threads here.

I always have about 5 pages to catch up to in the morning (west coast here).

So nothing new about the search yesterday. Wonder if TxEq are continuing today.

This is all so sad.....those kids need their mom.

I've never even worked at a jewelry store, yet I could name a millions reasons why it would be good for a manager to get their early. Going over paperwork from the previous day, depositing any extra cash at the bank, getting a head start on jewelry repair orders and making sure completed compares are ready for pick-up, etc. Or, you know, since there was a hurricane about to make landfall: making sure the perimeter was secure, moving the most expensive pieces to a safe in case their are looters, etc.

My dad owned a jewelry store.
You get there early because everything was in a safe a d had to be put back in the cases and the store windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288