NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sept 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on the Gaspo recording?? It's a pretty good synopsis of all the various theories discussed on here. Still shocking to me that LE is still being so tightlipped. I guess they want to have a tight case, but jeez!

I was sort of disappointed. He has good access; I wish he would use it to better effect.

5 years later, Faith Hedgepeth's death still has 'profound impact' on UNC campus
http://wr.al/192mG
[emoji170][emoji171]❤️Justice for Faith ❤️[emoji171][emoji170]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if they only had one key, why would Faith need it if she was sleeping? Wouldn't the person who was leaving and would need to get back in later make more sense to take the key?

Even if they only had one key, why would Faith need it if she was sleeping? Wouldn't the person who was leaving and would need to get back in later make more sense to take the key?

My guess would be to lock up in the morning when she left the apartment empty. Bad situation all around...

attachment.php

Gasparoli's fumbling about on the subject notwithstanding, the issue of the unlocked door has now been definitively answered.Faith and Karena had one key to share. Their door, as you can see above, was a deadbolt lock, and couldn't be locked from the outside without a key.
Under those circumstances, unless you were absolutely sure you'd return before your roommate left, you'd NEVER take the key, otherwise they'd have no way of locking up when THEY left, which would leave the apartment unlocked and unattended.
They didn't seem to have a well-established plan for later in the morning, beyond Karena apparently thought Faith would be able to pick her up from JM's place, so Karena didn't take the key. Since she didn't take it, she COULDN'T have locked up.
That also explains why she was so positive she left it unlocked: She didn't take the key, so she knew it was impossible for her to have done so.

Attachments

• IMG_3795.JPG
    IMG_3795.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 85
attachment.php

Gasparoli's fumbling about on the subject notwithstanding, the issue of the unlocked door has now been definitively answered.Faith and Karena had one key to share. Their door, as you can see above, was a deadbolt lock, and couldn't be locked from the outside without a key.
Under those circumstances, unless you were absolutely sure you'd return before your roommate left, you'd NEVER take the key, otherwise they'd have no way of locking up when THEY left, which would leave the apartment unlocked and unattended.
They didn't seem to have a well-established plan for later in the morning, beyond Karena apparently thought Faith would be able to pick her up from JM's place, so Karena didn't take the key. Since she didn't take it, she COULDN'T have locked up.
That also explains why she was so positive she left it unlocked: She didn't take the key, so she knew it was impossible for her to have done so.

JMO
I didn't come away with that impression about them sharing one key from reading Gaspo's blog. I read and interpreted that it was a possibility. I interpreted what "S" said is they could have been sharing a key, that it is maybe a practice that younger people use...JMO

ETA: "S" never gives a definitive answer to most questions. Skirts around them. IMO. When asked a specific question instead of saying yes that is what was said or no, an explanation is given...hope that makes sense...

As always-JMO

JMO
I didn't come away with that impression about them sharing one key from reading Gaspo's blog. I read and interpreted that it was a possibility. I interpreted what "S" said is they could have been sharing a key, that it is maybe a practice that younger people use...JMO

ETA: "S" never gives a definitive answer to most questions. Skirts around them. IMO. When asked a specific question instead of saying yes that is what was said or no, an explanation is given...hope that makes sense...

As always-JMO

Ditto. S didn't say yes or no and I agree, S evades answering Qs, I'm sure that's so as to not compromise the investigation. The more sources share publicly, the easier it is for the guilty party(ies) to hide info, lie and even prepare an explanation as a defense. I did not take away that they shared a key and I highly doubt they did. It's not practical.

Gaspowrites.com
Just posted the 911 call in entirety

Ditto. S didn't say yes or no and I agree, S evades answering Qs, I'm sure that's so as to not compromise the investigation. The more sources share publicly, the easier it is for the guilty party(ies) to hide info, lie and even prepare an explanation as a defense I did not take away that they shared a key and I highly doubt they did. It's not practical.

Not practical, but also not unheard of among college kids, imo. I had a friend in this same situation (lost key) and they just almost always left the door unlocked (foolishly so).

Maybe it's just me but I feel like you can definitely hear someone else (presumably MR) in the background sobbing.

JMO-I didn't hear sobbing. I thought I heard communication back in forth like after operated asked about certain information about the scene...JMO

JMO-I didn't hear sobbing. I thought I heard communication back in forth like after operated asked about certain information about the scene...JMO

Yeah I heard that too. The only one part I thought might be sobbing was around 1:13.

I've heard this entire call before and I know people have taken issue with certain statements but to me she just sounds like someone in shock and confusion.

Yeah I heard that too. The only one part I thought might be sobbing was around 1:13.

I've heard this entire call before and I know people have taken issue with certain statements but to me she just sounds like someone in shock and confusion.
I agree, listening to it for the first time in a long while I feel KR is genuinely freaked out and afraid of touching what she believes is her friend's dead body. And if I visualize her there with MR I can imagine why she's repeating things and seemingly mowing over what the operator wants to know.. like shes talking more to MR in an attempt to process what's happened, and she occasionally remembers she's on the phone with a 911 operator.

My theory changes regularly.. right now I think KR had no active involvement, but knew someone wanted FH dead, and probably knew immediately what she had walked in on and who was behind it. Maybe she fears meeting the same fate and has remained tight lipped with info that might further incriminate that person. Question is, who actually did the deed? Because my suspect does not match the DNA profile. JMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JMO

As always-JMO

Yes, you're very right about "S", but I think, reading between the lines a little, we can still consider that question answered. At very least, answered in LE's eyes.

Throughout the rest of the interview, S is as unforthcoming as possible. "The evidence doesn't show that." "We don't know that for a certainty." "I'm not getting into that." "I'm not going to answer that question." However, when Gaspo asks about the door, it's one of the only times he gets a direct answer, and the only time in the entire interview when the answer provides information that wasn't contained in his question. It'd have been nice if S had answered the follow-up more directly, but it's pretty clear to me that the answer LE has been given to that is "we shared a key so I had to leave it unlocked."

<snipped>

My theory changes regularly.. right now I think KR had no active involvement, but knew someone wanted FH dead, and probably knew immediately what she had walked in on and who was behind it. Maybe she fears meeting the same fate and has remained tight lipped with info that might further incriminate that person. Question is, who actually did the deed? Because my suspect does not match the DNA profile. JMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I could see that.

I think it takes her a few minutes to realize she's seeing a murder, but once she does, I think her mind would go straight to ETJ.

Five years and still no justice for Faith. Every time I go over the case in my head new questions arise. I forgot the police chief said on 20/20 that the chances of solving the case were "100%" Hmm.

Could the DNA possibly have gotten mixed up or contaminated? The results have ruled out all the best suspects. It's so confounding!

There was a post somewhere which compared the computer generated image to a photo of somebody's (MR?) brother. I thought they looked eerily similar.

The "She needs you more than you know." text sounds more like something K would say,imo. Since B wasn't answering K's calls, maybe K sent the text from Faith's phone to see if he would respond to her.

Also, if K left the club feeling sick (from drinking?), why didn't she just go home and crash instead of leaving again an hour or so later? Did she and Faith have an argument at the club which continued when they got home, causing K to leave again in the middle of the night?

Was the altercation between Faith and two other individuals that night speculation, or is there proof that it happened? Who were the other participants? Did the bouncer intervene? A heated, possibly physical confrontation involving Fath at the club and then she is murdered later that night. Coincidence? I read this entire thread, but my memory is not what it used to be, and I could easily have missed or forgotten some of these details.

Her poor family. I'm so angry that a sadistic killer is out there somewhere tonight thinking he/she got away with murder.

Five years and still no justice for Faith. Every time I go over the case in my head new questions arise. I forgot the police chief said on 20/20 that the chances of solving the case were "100%" Hmm.

Could the DNA possibly have gotten mixed up or contaminated? The results have ruled out all the best suspects. It's so confounding!

There was a post somewhere which compared the computer generated image to a photo of somebody's (MR?) brother. I thought they looked eerily similar.

The "She needs you more than you know." text sounds more like something K would say,imo. Since B wasn't answering K's calls, maybe K sent the text from Faith's phone to see if he would respond to her.

Also, if K left the club feeling sick (from drinking?), why didn't she just go home and crash instead of leaving again an hour or so later? Did she and Faith have an argument at the club which continued when they got home, causing K to leave again in the middle of the night?

Was the altercation between Faith and two other individuals that night speculation, or is there proof that it happened? Who were the other participants? Did the bouncer intervene? A heated, possibly physical confrontation involving Fath at the club and then she is murdered later that night. Coincidence? I read this entire thread, but my memory is not what it used to be, and I could easily have missed or forgotten some of these details.

Her poor family. I'm so angry that a sadistic killer is out there somewhere tonight thinking he/she got away with murder.

I agree that something must have popped off at the club that night. Mostly just because I miss thinking what would BE need to be comforting her about? "Please let her known you care" or whatever faiths phone texted gives me the impression that something emotional/"collegtown drama" must have happened that night. It would seem weird to me to be texting him just cause she's feeling ill from some alcohol. Especially since faith was there and could have presumably helped her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard