Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He took an Uber back? Is that confirmed?
If so, that driver I expect called in...I would hope so anyway.
And if so, LE knew then.

I said "I wonder if he took Uber back." I'm not saying that he did... That is just me pondering how he dumped the car afterwards. This is how rumors start.

ETA - sorry; I see how you may have thought I was saying he did. I added an ETA for clarification. :)

Thank you for the info!

Your welcome. To be honest, I'm not sure why it isn't capital murder. Unless they told him he could have a lesser charge and not face the DP if he led him to the body. I think the sheriff said the Attorney General (? Or was it the prosecutors office?) was involved. Could they have made a deal for lesser charges?

If he didn't confess and didn't lead them to her body, I'm a little disappointed that the charge is just murder (instead of capital murder) and the DP isn't on the table because that could have encouraged him to plead guilty and avoid trial for the kids' sake.

So correct me if I am wrong and I will delete, but because he's been arrested we can post Steve's Facebook account if public and if we link and don't screenshot, right? Yesterday morning Steve was trying to sell his beloved Mustang. The timing seems suspicious.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/786...56933704436004/?sale_post_id=1256933704436004

Yes, the perp can be sleuthed, including all of his social media accounts as long as you are certain they are his accounts and not someone with the same name and as long as they are public and not locked down private accounts.

Yes, the perp can be sleuthed, including all of his social media accounts as long as you are certain they are his accounts and not someone with the same name and as long as they are public and not locked down private accounts.

Perfect, thanks. I looked over the rules before posting, but wanted to be absolutely certain I was within the correct parameters. 100% sure it's him (missing photo as profile pic), and 100% public post. Thanks!

steve-mcdowell.jpg

steve-mcdowell1.jpg

http://heavy.com/news/2017/08/crystal-mcdowell-houston-real-estate-agent-missing-husband/

These pictures. Ugh.

Breaks my heart![emoji174]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your welcome. To be honest, I'm not sure why it isn't capital murder. Unless they told him he could have a lesser charge and not face the DP if he led him to the body. I think the sheriff said the Attorney General (? Or was it the prosecutors office?) was involved. Could they have made a deal for lesser charges?

If he didn't confess and didn't lead them to her body, I'm a little disappointed that the charge is just murder (instead of capital murder) and the DP isn't on the table because that could have encouraged him to plead guilty and avoid trial for the kids' sake.

Good point!!!

I'm inclined to think they must have known not too long after because not one single family member, supervisor, colleague, teachers, babysitter or friend spoke out about him. If LE were not 100% with the confession they would have sought these individuals out publicly. There were no comments, good or bad.

He did say the Attorney General.

We move on to the trial, and no doubt, his attorneys will claim "crime of passion," that's what we will see (IMO, but not really), and thats what he's banking on, because a premeditated murder charge carries with it a stronger sentence. But I think, imo, this was premeditated. I think he found out that she was dating Paul, and he was angry. He may have even found out about the cruise.

I'd like to shed some light as a woman who was in an emotionally, and later physically abusive relationship. I'm not sure how much we can talk about without rule breaking, but I suspected him right away because it was text book what I went through. I don' think this was a crime of passion, IMO, I think this was premeditated. Given my experience, I thought that her car was dumped in a tawdy hotel was two fold: one, there have been claims that the keys were left: so hopeful that someone would steal it, but when I went straight to the ex was that it was left in a hotel parking lot: that implies, to me at least, rage and an attempt to make her look seedy--the new boyfriend, he views her then, as doing something 'inappropriate.' It's hard to explain, but as the victim of domestic abuse, this reads very clearly to me.

His lawyers are now, I'm assuming, going to argue crime of passion to get him on a lesser sentence. I'd argue that it wasn't even that. I almost wonder if he knew and was even trying to get her back the night before with the text about her children. IMO, this was premeditated.

Im just now catching up on this case, so sorry this happened to her she was a beautiful person it appears. Has the autopsy report been published yet? Where might I find the evidence the LE has claimed that made him guilty of this crime? Sorry if it has been posted already im still reading everything I can find

We move on to the trial, and no doubt, his attorneys will claim "crime of passion," that's what we will see (IMO, but not really), and thats what he's banking on, because a premeditated murder charge carries with it a stronger sentence. But I think, imo, this was premeditated. I think he found out that she was dating Paul, and he was angry. He may have even found out about the cruise.

I'd like to shed some light as a woman who was in an emotionally, and later physically abusive relationship. I'm not sure how much we can talk about without rule breaking, but I suspected him right away because it was text book what I went through. I don' think this was a crime of passion, IMO, I think this was premeditated. Given my experience, I thought that her car was dumped in a tawdy hotel was two fold: one, there have been claims that the keys were left: so hopeful that someone would steal it, but when I went straight to the ex was that it was left in a hotel parking lot: that implies, to me at least, rage and an attempt to make her look seedy--the new boyfriend, he views her then, as doing something 'inappropriate.' It's hard to explain, but as the victim of domestic abuse, this reads very clearly to me.

His lawyers are now, I'm assuming, going to argue crime of passion to get him on a lesser sentence. I'd argue that it wasn't even that. I almost wonder if he knew and was even trying to get her back the night before with the text about her children. IMO, this was premeditated.

I vaugely recall a case I believe was out of Arkansas where the hubby came home and caught the wife in bed with her boyfriend. I cannot remember who he killed now whether it was her or him. I think he left and returned with a gun and then shot her and got off scott free. Anyone else remember this? It must have been in the 80's. Geesh im getting so old its depressing lol

What I recall is his claim of crime of passion was null and void since he left and then returned to do the killing where someone determined that since he had that cooling off period he could not claim crime of passion but if I recall correctly it worked and he was aquitted of murder

I think the the mug shot arrest picture shows Steve to look like he thinks he knows something.

Last night when I was looking at Steve's facebook page I found a post from 2012.
Steve posted an article about extended breast feeding and Crystal commented thanking him.
She thanked him for supporting her extended breastfeeding of their kids.

It was so similar to what I would say...(still nursing my 2 year old) that it hit home for me.
It was stupid but it made me hope even more that he was just an introvert like my husband and didn't hurt Crystal. :tears:

https://www.facebook.com/McSt3v3

Im just now catching up on this case, so sorry this happened to her she was a beautiful person it appears. Has the autopsy report been published yet? Where might I find the evidence the LE has claimed that made him guilty of this crime? Sorry if it has been posted already im still reading everything I can find

You are in luck, you know what we know about evidence and such which is next to nothing.

They really didn't say much, just that Rangers and County police found her body about 2:30 pm in some woods. She had seen her kids that morning but they didn't say where. They arrested her ex Steven Wayne McDowell for her murder. Her body has not been positively identified yet officially but they have reason to believe it's her. The kids are under the control of child services. That's about it. Sorry we don't have more yet.

Yeh, the car in a seedy Motel 6 parking lot had two purposes, one in hope it got stolen and two that if found, people would think the worst of her for being in such a seedy place. I think either one was fine with him. Just an added little knife twist to her reputation.

Like everyone who thought it was him kept saying, the BF had no reason to want her dead and the ex had every reason to want her Dad. They nailed it.

I was just plain confused, I didn't have a clue. There was enough misinformation out there that neither scenario was making sense to me. I was thinking crime of opportunity or using Harvey as a cover-up. Turns out it was neither of those.

I don't think premeditation has to come in to play with his current charge. It's not a capital murder case (what other states call first degree murder).

Yeh, the car in a seedy Motel 6 parking lot had two purposes, one in hope it got stolen and two that if found, people would think the worst of her for being in such a seedy place. I think either one was fine with him. Just an added little knife twist to her reputation.

Like everyone who thought it was him kept saying, the BF had no reason to want her dead and the ex had every reason to want her Dad. They nailed it.

I was just plain confused, I didn't have a clue. There was enough misinformation out there that neither scenario was making sense to me. I was thinking crime of opportunity or using Harvey as a cover-up. Turns out it was neither of those.

I think a big part of so many of us not being able to decide who we thought did it was caused by the boyfriend giving out changing stories everyday. I was leaning more toward the ex because of the cruise and Facebook blocking. And because he never said a word or helped search.I just couldn't shake off the boyfriend because of how he was so inconsistent.

"I've never been happier in my whole life than I am right now," she wrote two days before she vanished. "God is so good."

Probably the final straw for the cucked ex-husband.

Thank you to everyone who updated the press conference! Hubby and I went to the drive in and though I couldn't post or watch the conference, I was able to use his phone and see your updates. :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member