Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my doubts stem from what made this person all the sudden remember Jenny? Why bring that info forward now? Did she happen to see a missing poster about Jenny and she recognized her? Or how did she/he come about to find JR to report the sighting? Its been what? 8 months since she was seen? I can barely recall details about a stranger I see 24 hours ago but this person recalls specific details about someone they saw 8 months ago? Not buying it.

I guess my doubts stem from what made this person all the sudden remember Jenny? Why bring that info forward now? Did she happen to see a missing poster about Jenny and she recognized her? Or how did she/he come about to find JR to report the sighting? Its been what? 8 months since she was seen? I can barely recall details about a stranger I see 24 hours ago but this person recalls specific details about someone they saw 8 months ago? Not buying it.

All good questions that need to be answered, and I hope JR is asking them. Thinking to myself that this person, if she is telling her truth, would have to be a new member of the group, I just went cross-eyed going through all the members who joined in August and September and even a few in May, June and July. I didn't find any that jumped out at me as possible, and most were unlikely to have been in Mexico in February or any time. Of course, this is JMO FWIW. I'd like to know who met with this person and JR and deemed her credible...what are their credentials and what questions did they ask to verify her story?

Since it was LE who told Jenny's parents that she was still backpacking in May 2016, has JR eaten crow and contacted LE and her parents with this new information? Is it possible that Jenny was contacted by LE at some point and told them she didn't want to return to JR? Would LE have told him that or just let him keep looking. And would he believe them in light of the Corona story? Obviously not.

JR talks about the possibility that a traumatic incident caused a mental break and amnesia. The most likely traumatic incident was her near rape a day or so before heading to Cancun. He still thinks the trauma is tied to the Corona driver, but maybe the Corona driver couldn't handle the possible mental break and dropped her at the side of the road somewhere. No one would believe him, least of all JR who has pursued and harassed him relentlessly. Even if he did cause trauma to Jenny, that doesn't mean he killed her or trafficked her.

This case has endless twists and turns. I've never seen one like it.

Just when you think this case can't be anymore bizarre.

It feels convenient on the witness's account that February is just long enough ago to maybe remember but not really be actionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Lilibet for alerting me to the latest revelation. What a case!
The only surprise for me is that Jenny wasn't spotted in *China*.
Based on her risky behavior, I do think Jenny is, IMO and amateur speculation, in need of some sort of medical evaluation. Let's hope she can be tracked down so that she can receive that help.

Now we have the added concern of the earthquake in Oaxaca....

Well, well, well!

So LE, and what they told Jenny's parents and the Chinese embassy may have been right all along and JR has been ignoring that for over a year.

I'm wondering (pure speculation mind you), whether this "friend" saw her in Mexico or elsewhere. JR says he met with this person on Saturday, he's not in Mexico at the moment, right?

It's interesting to me that JR is being coy about WHERE she was allegedly seen, or it could just be his usual odd communication style.

If in fact this sighting is true, could it be that JR's "mental break, and/or traumatic incident" theory is because Jenny may be quite well but willingly not have contacted him...? As I said, pure speculation.

Is it possible that Jenny was contacted by LE at some point and told them she didn't want to return to JR? Would LE have told him that or just let him keep looking. And would he believe them in light of the Corona story? Obviously not.

This case has endless twists and turns. I've never seen one like it.

RSBBM:

This is what I'm wondering too... Or Jenny told the witness that she had left JR, and witness finally couldn't stand seeing the Corona nonsense on the HFJ page anymore?

RSBBM:

This is what I'm wondering too... Or Jenny told the witness that she had left JR, and witness finally couldn't stand seeing the Corona nonsense on the HFJ page anymore?

In your version, it could even be an older fed-up member who got fed up, rather than newer member, which broadens the field of likely members considerable.

Or the witness was newly planted or bribed by Corona, Kugar, LE or the driver to divert JR's attention. Naaaah that's too far-fetched...isn't it? Have I officially lost touch with reality? Or has JR?

In your version, it could even be an older fed-up member who got fed up, rather than newer member, which broadens the field of likely members considerable.

Or the witness was newly planted or bribed by Corona, Kugar, LE or the driver to divert JR's attention. Naaaah that's too far-fetched...isn't it? Have I officially lost touch with reality? Or has JR?

Don't put ideas into his head, Lilibet!!! At this point, I don't believe anything is too far-fetched for JR to latch onto!!

I just think its really convenient that this sighting is so close to the bump in donations. Also? From what I can see, nothing has been posted about this on JR's personal FB page. Wouldn't he want everyone to now his beloved is safe somewhere?

I just think its really convenient that this sighting is so close to the bump in donations. Also? From what I can see, nothing has been posted about this on JR's personal FB page. Wouldn't he want everyone to now his beloved is safe somewhere?

Agree, except given her extremely risky behavior, I doubt she is safe. IMHO, she does truly need help of some sort.
Without getting in to wild speculation, we don't know what was happening to her that made living on the streets in Mexico seem preferable to the life she was living.

After going cross-eyed yesterday, wading through new members to see if I could figure out who the witness is, it turns out that all I had to do was look in the "edit history" for the post. (Click on the three dots in upper right corner of post, choose edit history). In his first version, he gives her first name! Only two people by that name joined this year, one in June and one the end of August, both Americans.

I don't see any reference to a trip to Mexico on either one's FB, although that could be due to settings. Both "look" reputable. JR indicates in his post that Jenny is in Mexico because he specifically asked for help from members in Mexico. I'm not sure what to think except how could anyone could remember an encounter with a random Asian woman in Mexico after eight months?...unless Jenny made quite an impression. But how did this witness track down the HFJ page? Did Jenny give her name? Anything is possible and I certainly hope she is alive. Naturally, we can't sleuth or post anything about this person here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/883905658451146/

Jr first said she arrived at midnight. And I was surprised a shop would be open that late.
I used to travel in Mexico. I think it would be highly unlikely that a comedor type restaurant would be open that late.

Outside of industrialized or tourism based areas as in immediately outside of some Maquiladoras, or a local bus route to resorts to catch shift changing employee at he resort or factories, there are simply not enough customers around at that time to warrant it. I could also see a few open late in very large urban areas if they are located by large taxi, bus or subway terminals.

Then factor in that such restaraunts / shops are mom and pop so staying open that late is hard- even if the owners would want to.

I'm hoping that JR will be able to update about this most recent information soon.

After going cross-eyed yesterday, wading through new members to see if I could figure out who the witness is, it turns out that all I had to do was look in the "edit history" for the post. (Click on the three dots in upper right corner of post, choose edit history). In his first version, he gives her first name! Only two people by that name joined this year, one in June and one the end of August, both Americans.

I don't see any reference to a trip to Mexico on either one's FB, although that could be due to settings. Both "look" reputable. JR indicates in his post that Jenny is in Mexico because he specifically asked for help from members in Mexico. I'm not sure what to think except how could anyone could remember an encounter with a random Asian woman in Mexico after eight months?...unless Jenny made quite an impression. But how did this witness track down the HFJ page? Did Jenny give her name? Anything is possible and I certainly hope she is alive. Naturally, we can't sleuth or post anything about this person here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/883905658451146/

Thank you for the tip, Lilibet! I believe he may have shortened her name on his original post. There is a member with a longer name who lives in Quintana Roo.

Off to sleuth....

Thank you for the tip, Lilibet! I believe he may have shortened her name on his original post. There is a member with a longer name who lives in Quintana Roo.

Off to sleuth....

True. I ignored the ones who have been members since 2016, because I figured they would have notified JR immediately if they had seen Jenny in February 2017. But it may be possible there was a reason for a delay.

I would like to know a few things...

1) What were the circumstances under which the witness saw and spoke to Jenny in February. Was the witness a tourist or does she live in Mexico?

2) Why is this witness so sure it's Jenny? I have been involved in cases with multiple sightings and photographs of the missing person that ended up being mistaken.

3) When did she realize Jenny is missing and connect the person she saw to Jenny? Did Jenny give her name?

4) Why is JR so confident in this witness?

5) Did the witness get a sense that Jenny has been trafficked and is under control of someone (and/or drugged) or is she a free agent?

6) Is he just guessing about a mental break and amnesia or did the witness give him reason to think that?

Any other questions?

Wow. Thanks for the update everyone. I need to check this out as well.

While I really want to believe this latest proclamation, I find myself extremely skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks