Identified! MO - Pemiscot Co., WhtMale UP14552, 18-25, JH' tattoo, Jun'78 - James Hendricks

Wow. I'm surprised his fingerprints didn't have a hit before now. Sounds like they were never put into AFIS when it came on board.
Maybe we need to start going through fugitive databases for cases like Delafield John Doe and John Clinton Doe.

Jimmy was missed:
d7ad33facb5335d67c0891445a35c3fa.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP Jimmy & Kim ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of the documents pertaining to this case were damaged in a flood some years back, so that may be the reason there wasn't a hit on the fingerprints.

It makes you wonder considering Jimmy's background that the reason they were murdered is that they tried to rob the wrong person at the wrong time.

Wow. I'm surprised his fingerprints didn't have a hit before now. Sounds like they were never put into AFIS when it came on board.
Maybe we need to start going through fugitive databases for cases like Delafield John Doe and John Clinton Doe.

Well, this would explain what was up with the fingerprints, it wasn't that Jimmy's wasn't in AFIS, but that their UP case files were damaged in a flood, which I recall hearing about now, and the prints were lost. From their wiki page:
Due to flooding, their case files were damaged, including the loss of their fingerprint records, although their dental charts and DNA information remain intact.[SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP] In September 2017, both victims were identified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Hendricks_and_Kim_Mills
It also states that Jimmy was ID'd in May of this year.

Here's a photo of Jimmy at about 12 or 13 years old

Jimmy Hendricks 001.jpg

Thank you for the posting of the pics! Its nice to have (happier time) photos rather than morgue. So glad we now know them by name.
Do we know if the families thought Kim and Jimmy started over with a new life or if they had seen and recognized their doe pics in the past?

Thank you for the posting of the pics! Its nice to have (happier time) photos rather than morgue. So glad we now know them by name.
Do we know if the families thought Kim and Jimmy started over with a new life or if they had seen and recognized their doe pics in the past?

They figured something happened to them. But they knew LE was looking for them, so they didn't file MP reports.

They figured something happened to them. But they knew LE was looking for them, so they didn't file MP reports.

If they suspected something may have happened to them, I'm just really surprised neither family searched unidentified remains since no one had shown up on their doorstep. Maybe they wouldn't have had any luck back before the world wide web, but in the past 10 years or so, it probably wouldn't have taken much searching on the internet to find them. This is not to judge, by any means, it just surprises me no one sneaked a peak.

If they suspected something may have happened to them, I'm just really surprised neither family searched unidentified remains since no one had shown up on their doorstep. Maybe they wouldn't have had any luck back before the world wide web, but in the past 10 years or so, it probably wouldn't have taken much searching on the internet to find them. This is not to judge, by any means, it just surprises me no one sneaked a peak.

To answer your question. His files were originally lost in a flood and there was no online information anywhere including NAMUS. In early 2014 while researching the Blytheville doe I noticed mention of another victim who she was traveling with but I was not able to find mention of him on any of the official outlets. I sent an inquiry about him to the Missouri State Highway Patrol in early March of 2014. On March 14, 2014 I received a reply stating that he had been forgotten due to the flood but that they had created an online poster for him and added him to NAMUS. So technically his info has only been online for just under 3 years.

So jimmy already served his 2 years and was on a prison release program...if this is correct, I wonder why they felt the need to run with such little time left? Did he feel threatened...maybe this was no random murder but someone after him?

I thought he'd been on the run since Nov 1977?

I read both Jimmy and Kim had children...they would prob be in their 40s? Im sure this must hard for them.

I should have been more specific. Jimmy walked away from the work release program he was released to in 1977. As sometimes happens he stayed close to home until he left Michigan and his family, one week before his murder. Sorry for the confusion.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back