IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE would have a preliminary autopsy report if there were signs or trauma. If none, waiting on tox report.

40 minutes is plenty of time to go to all the accessible areas of the hotel and in fact walk around outside parking/lot street.

I walk a 20 minute mile with my dog stopping and sniffing things so I can go 3 miles in 40 minutes and thats not fast. Walking around in a panic looking for someone you'd walk faster.

BUT what is suspect:

Why not go to front desk and alert staff she is possible drunk and missing? Before/during/after search?
Stay on hotel property, back to the room/car wait for places she may show back up to & call mom?
Why leave in the car and then call mom (I thought they called mom first my bad)?

So while I say 40 minutes is plenty of time for me to look around all accessible areas of a hotel, what they did after that 40 minutes I am not saying is ok or normal period.

In my opinion putting yourself in their place is impossible. Your dealing with people that in all likelyhood live on a different planet than you do. BTW we had a math disagreement on another thread. @ 20 min. per mile, 3 miles would take 60 min not 40

I feel sick to my stomach. This is foul play IMO. People don't wander into freezers.

The Twitter video made my heart stop for a second. I heard it.

I feel sick to my stomach. This is foul play IMO. People don't wander into freezers.

The Twitter video made my heart stop for a second. I heard it.

Nor do they fall into rolled up gym mats or wander off into a cemetery and freeze to death.

Prior to the Morgan Harrington case, if you had asked me if people would take your car, and leave you behind...I would say ABSOLUTELY NO! But...that is indeed what Morgan's friends did. They took HER car and left her in another city all together.

So while I wouldn't do that, and the majority of the posters here wouldn't....there are people that would. I know my parents would have removed all vehicle privileges had I done something like that.

At any rate, I'm getting a huge drug vibe here. Not sure if it's a drug deal gone wrong, drug overdose, or a drug revenge type crime. But something is off.

It's been years since I worked where there was walk in freezer but I know the ones I've been in had a release to get out...you couldn't be locked in. But, if you were high on alcohol or another drug, you might not be thinking to look for it. Or if the door was solid, and it was dark in there, might not be able to see it, or even find the door.

Strange case!

SM chatter I saw said the Fire Dept found KJ in the freezer.....but remember, just chatter at this time

If I worked at the hotel, then the first thing I would do if someone is missing is go to the person I knew had access and ask them to look at videos to find her. They woukd know what time she left the room. They have cameras in all the halls, the elevators, everywhere but the rooms in almost every bigger hotel! She can't get "lost" there. Of course, I'm not so sure anyone worked there.

Oh. And for those big freezers- I had to evacuate our entire facility for a hurricane when I worked in mental health. We went to a camp ground type of place. And there was a tornado warning and sited right near us. Guess where I to a big portion of my clients.... in a big freezer that no longer worked. With lanterns! I got us in and I certainly got us back out. No door to a walk in anything would not have a way out. But it could be dark!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If I was her mom or other family member-- I'd fight to see the hotel sec. footage.
Never mind what people are saying--- as bad as it is -- the cameras won't lie.
Unless they've been tampered with. ...and isn't that detectable ?
Bothers me that one of the group might be an employee of the hotel.
:moo:
I hope every camera that could have been moved to a different angle has been fingerprinted.
Remember Jason Young?
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article156284649.html

He did something to hotel security cameras to avoid being seen leaving and returning the hotel when he killed his wife.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Here's the latest article from Chicago Tribune:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ns-hotel-freezer-timeline-20170912-story.html

It has a timeline of what the news media knows of what happened. Here are some key times, more info at link
This makes no sense.
They are in her car with her keys and cellphone looking for a her outside the hotel when she had only been missing 40 min from inside the hotel.

Why not call 911 and wait in the room, hallway near elevator etc...

This case reminds me of Elisa Lam -- seen on security camera footage wandering around looking like she is on some sort of substance. And then she was found dead in the hotel water tank. Nobody knows how she got in there. It was in an off-limits area, not easy to get to, or to get into.

Also, if any one of my daughter's friends drove my car -- I would be LIVID. Times 10 if they drove it home without her in it. They had to have known that, and had to have decided that it was the lesser of two evils.

I won't post the link, but if you watch the YouTube analysis of the Facebook live video by that guy Chris, who shows exactly how he manipulates the video, you can pretty clearly hear what is said. I will relay it here, because the Facebook live video has been shared by Chicago mainstream media...

In that video, you hear a male voice say "they stupid. They raping her in there." Then you hear IR say "I told you that!" Then you hear a distant and muffled "help me."

THEORY: To me, it makes sense that there was a second, connecting hotel room. If the hotel employee was a security guard, as is the rumor, they would have a master key. Kenneka was taken in there, raped, and accidentally killed while trying to fight off her rapist. The rapist and the hotel employee (which I believe is M, not IR) both freak out, don't want to get in trouble, and take Kenneka down to the freezer.

Let me throw one out. One of the side effects of ecstasy X is super high body heat. Say there was some X at the party and she ingested it either on purpose or dropped in her drink. Mixed with the alcohol and whatever else they were doing she started overheating and overdosing. Bestie was a hotel employee and knew where they could cool her down quick. The freezer. Maybe they left her there too long or she was dead when they came back. Looks like an accident if no one talks. Also IMHO what I hear on the video is not a cry for help but that sudden high pitch squeak when some tracks are forwarded through. Then the music stars. Just a thought

In my opinion putting yourself in their place is impossible. Your dealing with people that in all likelyhood live on a different planet than you do. BTW we had a math disagreement on another thread. @ 20 min. per mile, 3 miles would take 60 min not 40
I think her point was she walks 20 min miles with her dog slowing things down. If the dog wasn't, it would be faster. 13.33 minutes per mile is definitely a brisk walk (I did a marathon at slow runner pace of about 12 min/mile for 26.2, but I wouldn't be able to walk 13 min miles)

I totally agree with you about...
We are sober rational adults here . I am closer to twice the girls' age and I think I am one of the younger ones on the board.

They are teenagers.
It's very likely they were wasted and also likely drug use was involved based on video.
It's 4am. They may be tired since they have been up all night.
They may be hungry.
They are underage and could get busted by the hotel or the cops or their parents.
I seriously doubt they are wearing sneakers (i.e. comfortable walking shoes)
If they legit tried to search, I would think that a group of drunk girls searching a hotel would be comedic to watch. Doubtful it would appear organized or efficient.

The point of all of this is that I am not on board that we would be able to predict what "normal" behavior (or how we would act) would be in this situation.

Even the call to the mom we don't know about. Was it a drunk dial? KJ lied to mom so it would seem like mom wouldn't have approved of the plans, but I had a friend whose mom would go to a bar drinking with friend when friend was underage. Calling that mom and being like we can't find friend wouldn't have brought hell down on us.

As far as the freezer door, I wonder if mom tried the door herself. I have worked in many places with walk-freezers and do recall some being hard or needing a trick to open, but I do not remember all of them being like that.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I've just seen yet another video of the party. :gaah: I have to go to work but will look at the posts here and find any news articles that discuss the videos

From what I have seen here I can't really jump too far.. Of course with questions remaining the case needs to be investigated and answers brought forward but as it stands right now I can't go as far as some others with theory.

They may not have alerted anyone at the hotel because a. One of them was a hotel employee b. They were doing illegal things in said room.

But let's be real... they were involved, clearly. Nobody calls a friends mom unless they KNOW something is wrong. Or to show false concern- until you really HAVE to.

I can recall being 18 like it was yesterday. We didn't call each other's parents until we KNEW we had to... because all hell breaks loose after that.

This is a disturbing case.

I'm debating how to word this.. Did you grow up in the suburbs? Sometimes people are pretty open about what they do and how they live around their parents. When your whole neighborhood does certain things and you have seen it throughout your life you don't hide as much because it is the normal

I won't post the link, but if you watch the YouTube analysis of the Facebook live video by that guy Chris, who shows exactly how he manipulates the video, you can pretty clearly hear what is said. I will relay it here, because the Facebook live video has been shared by Chicago mainstream media...

In that video, you hear a male voice say "they stupid. They raping her in there." Then you hear IR say "I told you that!" Then you hear a distant and muffled "help me."

THEORY: To me, it makes sense that there was a second, connecting hotel room. If the hotel employee was a security guard, as is the rumor, they would have a master key. Kenneka was taken in there, raped, and accidentally killed while trying to fight off her rapist. The rapist and the hotel employee (which I believe is M, not IR) both freak out, don't want to get in trouble, and take Kenneka down to the freezer.
It is my opinion that the ME will rule her death NOT accidental and everyone involved will be held accountable!
Thankfully it was live streamed and as usual, those involved aren't as smart as they thought!
MOO

I think her point was she walks 20 min miles with her dog slowing things down. If the dog wasn't, it would be faster. 13.33 minutes per mile is definitely a brisk walk (I did a marathon at slow runner pace of about 12 min/mile for 26.2, but I wouldn't be able to walk 13 min miles)

I totally agree with you about...
We are sober rational adults here . I am closer to twice the girls' age and I think I am one of the younger ones on the board.

They are teenagers.
It's very likely they were wasted and also likely drug use was involved based on video.
It's 4am. They may be tired since they have been up all night.
They may be hungry.
They are underage and could get busted by the hotel or the cops or their parents.
I seriously doubt they are wearing sneakers (i.e. comfortable walking shoes)
If they legit tried to search, I would think that a group of drunk girls searching a hotel would be comedic to watch. Doubtful it would appear organized or efficient.

The point of all of this is that I am not on board that we would be able to predict what "normal" behavior (or how we would act) would be in this situation.

Even the call to the mom we don't know about. Was it a drunk dial? KJ lied to mom so it would seem like mom wouldn't have approved of the plans, but I had a friend whose mom would go to a bar drinking with friend when friend was underage. Calling that mom and being like we can't find friend wouldn't have brought hell down on us.

As far as the freezer door, I wonder if mom tried the door herself. I have worked in many places with walk-freezers and do recall some being hard or needing a trick to open, but I do not remember all of them being like that.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
"If they legit tried to search, I would think that a group of drunk girls searching a hotel would be comedic to watch. Doubtful it would appear organized or efficient."

We should also see this "drunk search" on security cameras!

MOO

Has chris's video made msn? Roughly about 3.40 in his video :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member