GUILTY WI - 12-Year-Old Girls Stab Friend 19 Times for Slenderman, Waukesha, 31 May 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this gives me pause. I actually believe they both knew what they were doing and right from wrong.

J.M.O.

I agree...they knew what they were doing. Even if they have a developing brain, a child or teen brain, even toddlers know right from wrong, so I do not go along with the developing brain issue. I have seen and worked first hand with kids and teens fake mental illnesses. I have those who are really have mental issues and many of them knew right from wrong. We are not privy to all info, but I question a lot of what has come out...IMO they knew right from wrong and their defense are going to try and use the "developing brain, and they did not know right from wrong" as a way to get them off of the charges.....that is scary. JMO

Nick Bohr‏ @NickBohr 6s7 seconds ago

So far 24 jurors struck from pool of about 100 in first day of #Anissa Weier's #Slenderman stabbing trial in #Waukesha. #WISN12

Eight men, eight women chosen for jury in Slender Man trial.

Does anyone know where I can find the opening statements? All I'm seeing is the current feed on every stream and it's not a youtube. I forgot it started yesterday as my mind was on Holly Bobo's murder trial.

[video=youtube;k-Tk7id_rTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Tk7id_rTE[/video]

At this point I feel the need to ask and point out a few things: I feel that the witness is child friendly and not a neutral party. Second; I want to know her entire gaming history; and exactly how many games she played on any platform. I think in order to prove she is as manipulative as I think she may be; I need to hear about her gaming habits in this trial. I feel that the law addresses pre IoT and all things gaming. Children today; are not children of yesterday. I need to know how PC lit she was. I need to know if she was a gamer, one who possibly knew about role playing etc. Of course I'd like to know if she also was raised on first person shooter games by chance. These are my thoughts and questions I have regarding her motive; what she has written seems like premeditated murder to me; it shows planning. Also she is manipulative and the witness has basically testified to that as fact.
I think it is really important to show just how competent she appears to me. Her age is only a number to me. Her writing suggests planning and forethought; imo.

Does anyone know where I can find the opening statements? All I'm seeing is the current feed on every stream and it's not a youtube. I forgot it started yesterday as my mind was on Holly Bobo's murder trial.

[video=twitter;907627514629181440]https://twitter.com/ladyjustice2188/status/907627514629181440[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no way this kid has a mental illness. She absolutely felt challenged to prove slenderman was real and absolutely comprehended that meant killing someone "for real, like in real life"
She spent time researching with her friend endlessly.

J.M.O.

So is slenderman like Charles Manson? If she becomes a proxy and lives in his mansion taking orders from him...why kind of Orders? To kill? Anyone know?

J.M.O.

There have been a couple of very credible witnesses that really support the finding that Anissa Weier knew the difference between real and fantasy.... that they believed that she was a normal student, who was perhaps troubled by her parents divorcing.

In the opening statement by the defendant's attorney, they asked this jury to come back with a mental verdict. (not sure of their exact wording)

Yet, the defense witnesses are mostly painting a picture that their client was in fact quite capable of knowing right from wrong.

I'm also getting the impression, that Anissa Weier likely was and perhaps still is a very manipulative child.

Ok so in her interview she admits twice she didn't even know about "the deal" with slenderman until after the stabbing, where if she didn't do it he would kill her whole family. There goes that pathetic defense!!

J.M.O.

I'd like to view the entire interview... and not just the clips that are being shown by this defense attorney

Ok so in her interview she admits twice she didn't even know about "the deal" with slenderman until after the stabbing, where if she didn't do it he would kill her whole family. There goes that pathetic defense!!
J.M.O.
Besides mental, and that is very doubtful, IMO, it's all they've got. A slender defense -- please excuse the pun.

I believe that Anissa Weier made a rational decision to do wrong when she clearly knows that it was wrong.

Yet, my mind keeps reminding myself, that Anissa Weier was just 12 years old. Why do some children just seem to be drawn to do evil things?

I believe that Anissa Weier made a rational decision to do wrong when she clearly knows that it was wrong.

Yet, my mind keeps reminding myself, that Anissa Weier was just 12 years old. Why do some children just seem to be drawn to do evil things?

bbm
Totally agree -- she knew it was wrong, but it was an adventure. They were both very young, but they knew right from wrong, IMO. And the hell-of-it is, is that they both participated. Both of them. Amazing. As soon as Anissa realized that the act was really going to happen, she could have run away, fast. But she didn't.

I don't know what the court/the jury/society should do with them -- they were 12 y/o. Just unbelievable. I don't know what the statutes in Wisconsin say re minors who commit attempted murder.

Well, I did find this -- please excuse if it is a repeat -- In Wisconsin a 10 year old can be tried in adult court. It may have already been documented in this thread, but I haven't seen it.. I still don't know what the actual penalty for Att. 1st Degree Murder.

Explainer: 10-year-old kids can be tried as adults in Wisconsin

MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) - The two Wisconsin teens accused of nearly stabbing their classmate to death in the "slender man" attack will be tried as adults. Questions are now circulating on how these girls, who were 12 years old at the time, can be tried in adult court -- something that would not happen automatically in Minnesota.
In Minnesota, this only happens when someone is at least 16 years old and they're charged with first-degree murder. But in Wisconsin, they only have to be 10 years old -- it applies to a few types of murder charges including attempted first-degree murder, which the girls are charged with in the "slender man" case.

http://www.fox9.com/news/explainer-10-year-old-kids-can-be-tried-as-adults-in-wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj