IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a link verifying the above information?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The unknown hotel freezer video has been removed as the location is unknown and probably different than the hotel in this case. It may not be relevant and will cause confusion.

Also, the wheresthebuzz interview with the sister has been removed as the site is not considered MSM.

If/when either of the above are released through MSM, you may discuss it at that time.

These are basically a good group of kids, speaking of IR,MS,SW,and KM........I never bought the set up, $200, rape, murder, crying, They have all been friends for so many years and I have read through 2-3 years of online communications between them. Nothing there to indicate any strife between them. They are pretty much immune to murder and death, it is all to common on any given weekend in Chi-Raq. Kenneka recently posted about any time she gets a new job, she is moving up, getting better pay. SW complained about a manager who was cutting her hours....these teens were working PERIOD If they were up to such illicit activities, no need for a 9-5

Now I may be way to early on releasing them from what most consider to be a murder BUT I doubt it.

Secondly I have not really addressed the hotel issue, obviously they have the deep pockets, I am not sure what culpability if any they have. I do not think anyone could have anticipated someone walking into the freezer, I do not believe this should be a secured area, what are we going to put locks on all walkin freezers? Who actually rented the room for IR? Were there any underage teens there.

Hopefully when all is said and done, these friends will be vindicated, although they have been crucified online and even by media as in so called freezer video.

My 2cents and then some.

Facebook is out for blood. An accident is too mundane for them. Sad as it is, why can't people be relieved and thankful that this poor young lady wasn't violated and brutally murdered?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sadly, they will need to release the video of her walking into the freezer alone for some people to believe it. It's much better for this to be the case than for some other young people to have murdered her and ruined their lives as well. There will probably be a lawsuit against the hotel and the hotel will settle out of court. No one wins, as a 19 year old is still dead, but this is a best case outcome that it was a tragic accident. Sad. RIP Kenneka :rose:

I just saw a live video from fox 32 in chicago with a guy who is supposedly hired by the family. he said they viewed the footage or he did rather and she was alone. i get the sense they will be focusing on the hotel for negligence since the area wasnt secured

I predicted lawsuit way back. It was mentioned on WGN news a few minutes ago that the hotel was paying for the funeral. Not gonna work. The family is looking for biiiiig money. jmo

It's so sad her being dead from a tragic accident but I am relieved the rape story appears to be untrue.Some on social media have been horrid attacking people and calling for arrests and trying to destroy lives without actual facts.

Well, that's that, then.

Rest forever in gentle peace, sweet Kenneka.

My condolences to all who loved her and I am so sorry she lost her life just as it was really beginning !!!

I am on the fence about a lawsuit as it wasn't specifically the hotel's fault... but if being sued might help the hotel to better mind what's going on in their rooms, under their roof.

If I owned this hotel-- I wouldn't be happy if there was a party with underage drinking, for example.
Anything else could possibly happen.
I'd WANT to avoid any accidents in the future.
Imo.

Is everyone assuming, or has law enforcement stated that this was an accident?

RSBM

If there's clear video of her entering that freezer alone, walking without impairment; then that points to an accident.
Part of me is on the fence as to any type of sex that got out of hand.... but I don't want to point fingers at innocent parties.
I eat enough crow as it is. (figuratively)
Imo.
Hth.

I am assuming based on the activist's statement of having seen the video and also police saying they will show the video to her mother before it is released.
Police have said they have offered to show the video to Jenkins' mother, Tereasa Martin, before releasing it to the public at the end of the investigation. Martin told a Tribune reporter Thursday that she has not seen the video, but was planning to review it with her attorney, Larry Rogers.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...freezer-death-update-0915-20170914-story.html

The activist could be outright lying about the video showing her walking in alone, but what would that get him? I suppose there is still a small chance she wandered down there because she had been attacked and was trying to find a place to hide/get away from the attacker(s). Or possibly she was doped with something that she would not have taken herself that made her extra confused and out of it. Cause of death could still be from whatever was in her system and that could be why she didn't get up and get out of the freezer. But if there is really video of her alone the entire time out of the room and wandering into the freezer without any help, it's hard to see how it could be anything other than an accident. JMO.

RSBM

If there's clear video of her entering that freezer alone, walking without impairment; then that points to an accident.
Part of me is on the fence as to any type of sex that got out of hand.... but I don't want to point fingers at innocent parties. Imo.
Hth.
I'm not pointing fingers. I'm just waiting for official word.

Don't all commercial freezer doors have the push knob to open them? Usually they are glow in the dark too.

I'm not pointing fingers. I'm just waiting for official word.

RSBM

No, I know you weren't. :)

I was referring to some of my previous posts.

Actually I think we here at WS have been more restrained in our theories than some others out there in internet and social media land.
I've done my own fair share of insinuating blame where there's none. The case of the pastor's wife who was murdered in a home invasion comes to mind-- Danny ... somebody ?

He reminded me of someone else.
I got carried away, and had to self-delete some of my comments.
:moo:

Sadly, they will need to release the video of her walking into the freezer alone for some people to believe it. It's much better for this to be the case than for some other young people to have murdered her and ruined their lives as well. There will probably be a lawsuit against the hotel and the hotel will settle out of court. No one wins, as a 19 year old is still dead, but this is a best case outcome that it was a tragic accident. Sad. RIP Kenneka :rose:
I was just saying to myself that it is a shame that LE has to release this child's last hour on Earth and hurt her family more just so that the conspiracy theorists will leave her in peace. A necessary evil I guess. Poor child. She must have been so scared when she couldn't get out. Some accidents will happen no matter what when drinking is involved.[emoji22]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

This reminds me so much of Elisa Lam.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well, that's that, then.

Rest forever in gentle peace, sweet Kenneka.

My condolences to all who loved her and I am so sorry she lost her life just as it was really beginning !!!

I am on the fence about a lawsuit as it wasn't specifically the hotel's fault... but if being sued might help the hotel to better mind what's going on in their rooms, under their roof.

If I owned this hotel-- I wouldn't be happy if there was a party with underage drinking, for example.
Anything else could possibly happen.
I'd WANT to avoid any accidents in the future.
Imo.

And that's the purpose of civil suits of this nature - to levy a financial penalty large enough to force companies to fix problems and reduce hazards. What if it had been a child playing around who wandered into that freezer? Or an employee stuck when both doors accidentally closed?

Punitive damages have to be large enough that the company can't just write them off as the "cost of doing business" as they continue unsafe practices. The penalty has to act as a deterrent to all companies in similar situations - use well-made, safe equipment that reduces the risk of these kinds of accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288