Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo- Sept 13 & 14, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
But she is still not really coming in for a kill. She is getting more to the point and being more aggressive, but not proving anything that helps her client.

She is harping on the fact that he wrote letters to various women besides his wife, lied to his mother by claiming total innocence, and exaggerated to his wife about when he will return home from jail. <<<NONE of that will help Zach in any way.
I had to leave around 7 pm. I assumed she was going to go on as she had done all day. Dang, now I've got to find a video of the trial and catch up. But, my dog and cat are very happy to have food.

Are there transcripts of the witnesses' testimonies?

Not sure if those are posted publicly instantly. I doubt they are public until after the trial but I don't know how that works.

But please shoot me if I have to read the 5 hour defense of maps convo from today! :))

You are better off reading the links above to the summaries of today for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on the :fence: about whether I believe him or not. He admitted he was heavily loaded with drugs and that gives me pause concerning his memory on the events of that day.

Still playing catch up from today.....am sad to say that as awful as JA is I think I could at least talk to him at some point far easier than ZA....maybe because he runs off at the mouth (down home Tennessee talk,lol) and I realize just how horrible these folks are...I get it....I don't like it but I know this crap goes on every day in some area of the world.....I am just sitting here in amazement that her family can stay in the courtroom and listen to this....but.....you do what you have to do for your kids......and justice needs to be swift......and now I think maybe one day I can just drive to all these locations I have been hearing about down there....take me about 2 hours and if I get lost? I can just call JA to get the correct address.....I have never seen anyone with such a memory for roads and homes and mailing addresses, lol

For some reason though I believe this guy....for the most part...sure he is adding stuff but he comes across as........I don't know what he comes across as........just leave it here.

I am on the :fence: about whether I believe him or not. He admitted he was heavily loaded with drugs and that gives me pause concerning his memory on the events of that day.

Point taken. But as believable as Autry was on the stand....and he was...clearly throughout the day and defense only bolstered his story and his believability....while he may have been affected by the drugs, he certainly spoke effortlessly about the details and not in a drug-fog-I-don't-know kind of way. He was crystal clear.

The defense cross examine showed off exactly how crystal clear he was as he was sharp as a knife in his repetition of events. In fact, you almost had to wonder if it was really the prosecution asking because it was making him look REALLY GOOD which doesn't mean good of course....it means BELIEVABLE.

Defense did nothing to defame his credibility of events. It was a mini-sideshow where the crowd was won over to find this sick person being someone they could relate too.

Which translates to a Slam Dunk for the prosecution.

I know you are strictly saying you don't know if you believe him because of the drugs.

But I don't see the jury having that question in their minds today.

After Autry ran circles around the defense and her maps, and outran her on making meth and anything else she wanted to trip him up on, in my opinion, not only did he pass the test of being a "completely functional and reliable witness", I think he won the Olympic gold on it and could hands down help that defense attorney in prepping for her next case.

I'm still not understanding what they did to holly to assume she was dead before she was shot.

I'm still not understanding what they did to holly to assume she was dead before she was shot.

No one knows this so far in the trial. Hopefully we will find out. But if Dylan isn't on the stand, Zach is not testifying, Shayne Austin is dead, and Jason Autry claims he saw the body after the fact wrapped, I don't know that we will ever know.

We'll just have to find out if these other immunity folks happen to give details or were around. Victor or someone else....I'm forgetting names here. But not the main 4 players.

If it is a felony to dispose of a body to cover up a murder, JA would be guilty of that felony based on his testimony. And if a person dies during the commission of a felony, all participants are equally culpable, right?

If that's true in TN, then as I see it, JA and ZA are both guilty of first degree murder because Holly died while they were committing the felony of hiding her body to cover up other crimes committed against her.

JA knew she was still alive and ZA fired a fatal shot into her head while JA was there. IMO, he as a participant could be convicted of murder the same as the person who pulled the trigger. It does not matter in most jurisdictions that the person involved in a felony was not aware a murder would happen.

What I'm getting at is Autry will be tried at some point, right? And he will be or could be found guilty of murder. He testified in this trial hoping for leniency, and perhaps the state has promised not to seek the death penalty for his cooperation.

I think Autry has federal immunity but maybe not state. Or am I missing something?

He lived heavily loaded. If we look at functional alcoholics who are loaded (and overloaded) with people not really seeing their lack of functionality because they are functions, I think he was like a functional meth and morphine user. I think he was pretty convincing. Is he an animal like the rest? In my mind, absolutely. Is he calculating? Yep. Did he rape her? No. Did he kidnap her? Nope. Could he have saved her life? Yes. So he is an accessory and obstructed justice. He could have argued that if he tried to save her life that Zach would have killed him. According to him, Zach tried to have his brother killed.

Other thoughts:

When it comes to deviancy (of all forms), there is a plethora of cases where it is impossible to fathom how actions could have ever occurred to a human being to subject another human being to. For that reason, I believe that the incest, abuse, and crome toward others happened just as it was described.

I think Dylan won't testify because he knows that his brother was going to have him killed before and will probably have him killed in prison if he breathes a word to the authorities. I do think the other defendant was killed or forced to the point of suicide.

Help me out here you that have been here pretty much since the beginning of this horrible story....didn't they move or have to move ZA and or DA or JA due to threats being made in jail? Meaning wasn't ZA threatening one of the others??? Anybody else remember this?

I have not been able to be here everyday since she disappeared but would check in pretty much weekly but wonder if I remember this correctly. TIA

Oh My!

I didn't know Foxfire passed away...

:candle:

He has a thread here for his passing.

Also, his facebook...

Glenn Adams | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/glenn.adams.37
"Nics: Wolfscratch..or Foxfire The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything"

... so appropriate for this case. He has so many quotes that we often still use for cases.

He lived heavily loaded. If we look at functional alcoholics who are loaded (and overloaded) with people not really seeing their lack of functionality because they are functions, I think he was like a functional meth and morphine user. I think he was pretty convincing. Is he an animal like the rest? In my mind, absolutely. Is he calculating? Yep. Did he rape her? No. Did he kidnap her? Nope. Could he have saved her life? Yes. So he is an accessory and obstructed justice. He could have argued that if he tried to save her life that Zach would have killed him. According to him, Zach tried to have his brother killed.

Other thoughts:

When it comes to deviancy (of all forms), there is a plethora of cases where it is impossible to fathom how actions could have ever occurred to a human being to subject another human being to. For that reason, I believe that the incest, abuse, and crome toward others happened just as it was described.

I think Dylan won't testify because he knows that his brother was going to have him killed before and will probably have him killed in prison if he breathes a word to the authorities. I do think the other defendant was killed or forced to the point of suicide.
I agree with you 100% on him being a functional drug user imo. They're all around us but unless you see them using drugs you'd never know they did. At least that's what I gleaned from his testimony today.
I'm hoping Dylan has been subpoenaed to testify because he's have to plead the 5th on all of it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I had to leave around 7 pm. I assumed she was going to go on as she had done all day. Dang, now I've got to find a video of the trial and catch up. But, my dog and cat are very happy to have food.

WEll, I know from experience, you can't try and watch a livestream trial while your pets are waiting to be fed....you did the right thing...lol

I think the jury will believe Holly was shot dead at point blank range in the back of the head by ZA. Even the skull fractures supports that. I don't think any of them are going to buy that they accidentally overdosed her in order to rape her although that would still be murder as well by injecting her most likely with meth against her will.

No one can inject someone with a lethal drug against the victim's will to facilitate a rape upon the victim. That would be as bad as a defendant who poisoned someone and then claim the victim accidentally died from it. A person cant accidentally overdose someone with a lethal drug when committing a felony kidnapping and rape. That is a premeditated action these meth heads knew would cause her to die. But even though being injected with lethal drugs against Holly's will would still be murder I believe JA when he said ZA shot Holly to death

I agree and understand completely. I was just trying to figure out what the defense attorney's angle might be. At this point she's not doing a bangup job of casting reasonable doubt. Seems to me she might just be looking for a lighter sentence somehow. Not that it would work but she doesn't seem to have much else at this point.

I agree and understand completely. I was just trying to figure out what the defense attorney's angle might be. At this point she's not doing a bangup job of casting reasonable doubt. Seems to me she might just be looking for a lighter sentence somehow. Not that it would work but she doesn't seem to have much else at this point.

She could have said 'how do we know that you didn't drive off with the body, that was still alive at the time? How do we know you weren't the one that shot her in the head? The only one saying it was Zach is YOU.

But she didn't try to make the jury question any of that. She wasted a big opportunity, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288