Found Deceased PA - Audrey Penn, 78, Lehigh County, 23 Aug 2017

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/police-use-drones-dogs-in-search-for-missing-woman/617159727

They say it's been a tough search because they aren't sure which direction she may have gone, and there are a lot of hazards, like the wooded area, I-78, and the creeks and cornfields.

"At times she was very coherent and still believed she was a nurse working at a facility in Allentown. She could easily convince someone to get a ride and go somewhere else," Sabo said.

This newscast also says:

"Today we're doing a foot search. Just going over areas that we have already have covered but we have used our township drone that has thermal imaging and regular camera systems on it,"

Police are out on foot now, but I think they relied too much on their drone before. I doubt a drone is any match for the thick vegetation in the area behind the nursing home. And, if Audrey fell and died, what good would a heat seeking drone do???

Wonder if anything was taken from her belongings? Did she ask someone to get her out of there?

It is just hard to imagine that she could have ventured off to far from the facility with all the obstacles and the landscape of the area.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/police-no-new-leads-on-missing-woodland-terrace-woman/621200965

The police chief in Salisbury Township, Lehigh County, reported Thursday that his department has no new credible or definitive leads on the whereabouts of a 79-year-old Allentown woman stricken with dementia who wandered away from her western Salisbury senior home on August 23.

Police Chief Allen Stiles told township commissioners that his department has hit a roadblock on the mysterious disappearance of Audrey Penn...Stiles replied to an inquiry on Penn's current whereabouts from Commissioner Joanne Ackerman, who commented on the very densely wooded areas located behind Lehigh Valley Hospital's Cedar Crest campus.

The police chief said every kind and type of search was conducted in the entirety of western Salisbury Township, including public, private and police on-foot searches coupled with the use of scent-trained dogs and heat-sensing drones probing for any sign of life or remains.

If all the outside searching didn't turn up a clue, maybe they could recheck ALL the rooms and closets in the home? Is this a single building facility or a complex of other buildings?

I know that area well as I used to run along the Parkway. The terrain in the woods is STEEP there. I used to love the hill on the trail, as it took me some time to be able to run up it without stopping. Maybe I will head over there on Monday for a run.

This is disturbing that Audrey disappeared. I keep looking for updates and there is very little being published. There is now a 10K reward for information leading to Audrey Penn: http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...are-home-missing-resident-20170826-story.html

Looking at Google Maps, it looks like a wooded area directly behind the facility where she lived. But, her sister indicates she could not walk well. I think the Lehigh Parkway connects to the wooded area and the Parkway has paved trails. It also has a community of homeless people. Could she be with them?

I have read police used dogs, but does anyone know where the dogs lead? Did she go towards Cedar Crest Blvd or into the woods? Could she have gotten into someone's unlocked car?

I feel terrible for this lady. She is a retired nurse and took care of others all her life and when she needed care the most, other healthcare professionals failed her. So sad.

There are no large scale searches with volunteers and the local volunteer fire companies organized either. Why? I keep thinking it's because dogs lead them to a parking lot or road. The wooded area isn't that big.......volunteer groups could easily cover it.

This is such a mystery. A horrible one.

I'm from the area. Sadly, it has not been publicized. I only knew about her being missing from Facebook.

Google maps looks misleading because it is a wooded area, but not really. It would be the least traveled. If she wandered towards Cedar Crest Blvd. she would have been noticed. It's entirely too busy ALL the time. Huge hospital, doctor's offices, highways, etc.

I just don't understand why there isn't more coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has been quite the coverage imo. Several search parties, as well as multiple media reports. At some point if the trail goes cold there's not much to report.
Sadly there was a body found not too far away in a drainage ditch at Kressler road and Hamilton Blvd next to the Bieber bus station. No confirmation on who it is yet.

There has been quite the coverage imo. Several search parties, as well as multiple media reports. At some point if the trail goes cold there's not much to report.
Sadly there was a body found not too far away in a drainage ditch at Kressler road and Hamilton Blvd next to the Bieber bus station. No confirmation on who it is yet.

Oh, no... That wouldn't be that far of a walk at all. I hope it's not her, but at the same time pray for answers for her family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It's hard to imagine an elderly women with mobility issues getting that far on her own.

I have to look back but didn't a few calls come on that people thought they saw her but it didn't pan out? Hmmmm, where did they think they saw her??

It's hard to imagine an elderly women with mobility issues getting that far on her own.

I have to look back but didn't a few calls come on that people thought they saw her but it didn't pan out? Hmmmm, where did they think they saw her??

I would've thought it would've been difficult for her too, but something similar happened with my grandmother a few months ago. She wandered off the front porch of a home the next town over with her walker and went at least 12 blocks. We're still scratching our heads about how she made it that far. Sadly, her story didn't end well. I can't even begin to imagine if she hadn't been found for as long as it's been in this case. Her poor family...

Oh wow...I don't remember seeing that she was seen! I'm thinking if anything, it would be if she did travel out toward Cedar Crest and Hamilton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998