TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #4

I hope the kids are getting plenty of time with Jeff and therapists. I suspect those two kiddos have seen the real Steve on more than one occasion. I am concerned that some of the key players including the sheriff don't have a decent understanding of DV. And that perhaps some of the key players helping the children work through this may be influenced by their own family's DV record.

-IMO: Your concern is spot-on regarding the lack of understanding on DV from the Sheriff and some of the key players.

It appears some are voicing this concern in hopes of it changing (their various post for Domestic Violence Awareness). One, in the form of a Petition.

*JW did not select the officiating minister* An unbalanced tone admonishing forgiveness caused added discomfort for some suffering victims.

I can't believe she said that. She asked about the decomposition right after Crystal was found, and the sheriff said he didn't want to talk about that because the family may be listening. What right did she had to go into detail like that for no reason? Who gave her that info. Ugh. I just lost respect for her.

Sorry, I`m showing my blonde roots here. I really didn't know, but yet curious how she was found at a 1/4 of her weight. I'm Canadian, and just thought she'd be bloated like someone that had drown. I also couldn't understand any animals during a hurricane. Please forgive me for my ignorance.

PS. This wasn't the post I quoted. Again sorry lol.

I think they need to tread carefully with the children until they know all the facts. We are very early on in this case, and there are most likely things we don't know yet, and won't know until it goes to trial. Telling the kids one thing, and it ending up being something different wouldn't be right either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find it disgusting that there will be a trial if that monster had any shred of decency he would spare his children and Crystal's family further pain and distress.

Sorry, I`m showing my blonde roots here. I really didn't know, but yet curious how she was found at a 1/4 of her weight. I'm Canadian, and just thought she'd be bloated like someone that had drown. I also couldn't understand any animals during a hurricane. Please forgive me for my ignorance.

I think it's because the fat cells of human remains lose water retention and shrink. I'm so sorry to be talking about Crystal like this she was a lovely and beautiful person.

I find it disgusting that there will be a trial if that monster had any shred of decency he would spare his children and Crystal's family further pain and distress.

As disgusting as you may think it is, he has a right to a fair trial.

I would hope they have experienced professionals who can help with the direction to go with the children. No matter how they handle that situation it isn't going to be easy.

I can't believe she said that. She asked about the decomposition right after Crystal was found, and the sheriff said he didn't want to talk about that because the family may be listening. What right did she had to go into detail like that for no reason? Who gave her that info. Ugh. I just lost respect for her.

maybe she was just doing her job. I know that sounds rude, but in most cases sleauthers want to know full details. I think the sherriff didn't say much, not because he was sparing the familys heartache, but because they had't told them yet. He was too busy on Tv. JMO

I don't think we can say that Ashleigh Banfield's statement was correct. The sheriff didn't confirm it.

I will say this in general (not regarding Crystal at all), animals would still need to eat during a hurricane. If you wanted to know more details about that specific area, what type of wildlife was in the area or what had been displaced, you'd have to know when it flooded (the day) and when waters receded.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think that would be a big mistake to lie to the children about it. Obviously you cannot just blurt out the horror----but trying to ignore it and allowing them to visit Daddy and pretend like he is a great guy---that will do a lot more damage in the long run, imo.

I would distance them from Dad, give them believable reasons why he is in jail, and why they will not be seeing him, but they can write letters etc---and then as they mature, they can be told more about it.

But it would be a mistake to get them even more 'connected' and have them always looking forward to seeing their amazing wonderful Daddy, and build him up, only to eventually have to tell them the horrific facts.

I think they are all in shock, maybe denial he could have done this to their loved one. Maybe they are pretending to see if their is a different story. I so strongly believe the children will never be made to visit their dad.It will be their choice when they come for visits.

As disgusting as you may think it is, he has a right to a fair trial.

I would hope they have experienced professionals who can help with the direction to go with the children. No matter how they handle that situation it isn't going to be easy.

I know he does I just want the children to be spared from seeing graphic details of their mother's death and condition of her remains online for life. They do not need to see or read the details. Hopefully he will take a plea and spare them from this.

JMO but I don't think there wlil be a trial.

I hope so.

-Is there confirmation on having a trial?

It's very early days yet we will have to wait and see.

There was visitation before the service. In my experience that usually means open casket. I would hope her family wouldn't want that if her body was like that. IMOO
0052fcdb0d70323bafd03d0fd935695c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I don't think we can say that Ashleigh Banfield's statement was correct. The sheriff didn't confirm it.

I will say this in general (not regarding Crystal at all), animals would still need to eat during a hurricane. If you wanted to know more details about that specific area, what type of wildlife was in the area or what had been displaced, you'd have to know when it flooded (the day) and when waters receded.

He did not confirm that. I don't know that the Autopsy report was released. If it were leaked information it is always possible that someone saw a number and thought the units were pounds but as far as I know autopsy reports use metric (kilograms) units. So if someone saw 30 and thought 30 pounds it would actually be 66 pounds because a kilogram is 2.2 pounds.

Regardless, I don't think that AB should have asked such a question because it really had no relevance whatsoever since regardless of how anyone would have died the same decomposition would have occurred over the same time period in the same conditions.

There was visitation before the service. In my experience that usually means open casket. I would hope her family wouldn't want that if her body was like that. IMOO

She was cremated. Her urn is in the picture of the funeral that people posted here.

She was cremated. Her urn is in the picture of the funeral that people posted here.
I zoomed in on that beautiful centerpiece too. Thought it might've been a hidden camera. Time for Nancy Drew to call it a day. [emoji12]

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

For those of you who were concerned, the children now know that their father was responsible. They were told before the funeral.

For those of you who were concerned, the children now know that their father was responsible. They were told before the funeral.

So sad. I don't know how they can wrap their little minds around this. I'm assuming they were told ahead of time so that they were spared learning it from a stranger.

Did someone post this on FB or something? Just wondering.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back