Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just moved here in TX and decide to be a member here in this forum. For to be updated in all the happenings here in TX. lived in Dallas cedar Park and can I ask if this case was solved? I felt pity for the family members of this victim.

No discussion here....that is not the issue if you ask me....just keeping an open mind. Yes, I think she was on her own, a foster child? a child running from the system? a bad home? a troubled, angry kid? probably, maybe....a lot of young people turn away from there families for a lot of different reasons. She could have said that nobody cared but we don't know it this was actually the case. Could be totally her perspective and her parents (if they were there for her and if they were asked) could tell a very different story.
Thanks, BoH, i was thinking the same thing. But you putnitbso much better.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I emailed them. I've been looking at the U of T libraries site to try and see if there are some state records that might show the previous owner but still working on that.

In my county we have tax records that show the last three deed owners on the property. Do you have an address? I apologize I haven't been keeping up here. Are you discussing Beeville Inn in Beeville TX"

Welcome Raykate23. I'm not sure what you mean by 'was this case solved?' Do you mean was there somebody incarcerated for this murder? To my knowledge there was not, but I'm sure other members know more details about that. Walker County Jane Doe is still not identified as you know....

In my county we have tax records that show the last three deed owners on the property. Do you have an address? I apologize I haven't been keeping up here. Are you discussing Beeville Inn in Beeville TX"

Hi, yes please if you can offer any advice here. I've been struggling on this one. I'm referring to this place https://www.beevilletxinn.com/ 3609 N Saint Marys St. Beeville.TX.78102 if you have any thoughts on how to find previous owners?

I'm happy to be the one to contact the appropriate previous owner, once we know who it was.

Changes to NamUs UP # 4630 - You can view the case by clicking the url below

URL: https://identifyus.org/cases/4630

The following fields have been changed:
Physical / Medical : Piercings changed from "Unchecked" to "Checked"

Physical / Medical : Piercings Details changed from "" to "Pierced ears"

Physical / Medical : Scars and Marks changed from "Unchecked" to "Checked"

Physical / Medical : Head Hair changed from "Brown" to "Brown hair approximately 10 inches in length. "

Physical / Medical : Distintive Body Features Available changed from "none" to "entered"

Physical / Medical : Finger and Toe Nails Details changed from "" to "Toenails painted pink. "

Physical / Medical : Scars and Marks Details changed from "" to "Small scar at the right end of her right eyebrow."

Physical / Medical : Finger and Toe Nails changed from "Unchecked" to "Checked"

Clothing and Accessories : Clothing and Accessories Available changed from "" to "entered"

It's the Esquire Inn.

3609 N Saint Marys Street, Beeville, TX 78102

Carl, do you think Kathleen is our girl? It's just me but WCJD looks more "hawk-like" but that might just be the swelling.

attachment.php
Anyone think WCJD could be Lori Sibrel? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Laurie-L-Sibrell-15-Franklin-5-November-1978 Height is off and so is eye color.... so I suppose it would be an automatic rule-out. I think their features are somewhat similar and ages would match up though.

Attachments

• LAURIE.jpg
    LAURIE.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 250
IDK, MOTERUNNER. I guess it's possible. I read somewhere that someone was wondering if she could be EDJD. I know this sounds completely crazy, but does anyone else wonder if maybe this Hurricane Harvey and it's devastation to Rockport, TX could give a clue to WCJD? I know, I am probably slightly insane, but I spent hours last night trying to see if maybe our girl was trying to send us clues. Yeah...seeing this typed out makes me believe I am crazy. Ha!

One of my first thoughts re Hurricane Harvey was about WCJD and some of you dedicated Websleuthers down in southern TX. My thoughts are with all of you. Please stay safe!!!

Sooo.... I stumbled across this thread a couple of days when I was looking for info about this girl, and I've only made it through about a third of the way so far, so please forgive me if this has been brought up. Is it possible that she was only using the Ellis Unit as a point of reference and it wasn't her destination at all. If you look at the google satellite images around the prison, there some farmhouses, churches, and even an entire neighborhood of about 30 or more houses within a half mile of the prison, that all look like they've been there for a lot longer than 40 years. It seems like it would be pretty easy for someone to say "Yeah, just go to the main gates of the prison, take a right and my neighborhood is just down the road on the left."

Sooo.... I stumbled across this thread a couple of days when I was looking for info about this girl, and I've only made it through about a third of the way so far, so please forgive me if this has been brought up. Is it possible that she was only using the Ellis Unit as a point of reference and it wasn't her destination at all. If you look at the google satellite images around the prison, there some farmhouses, churches, and even an entire neighborhood of about 30 or more houses within a half mile of the prison, that all look like they've been there for a lot longer than 40 years. It seems like it would be pretty easy for someone to say "Yeah, just go to the main gates of the prison, take a right and my neighborhood is just down the road on the left."
That's what I think, but most people including LE seem to think that's unlikely.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

question: How much money could WCJD have had with her if she bought something at the diner? And, where did she get it from?

Great question and reminds me of a fact that has always bothered me. WCJD doesn't fit the serious runaway mold...meaning I do not think she was "on her own" for more than a few weeks at the very most. She was well-nourished and taken care of for most if not all of her life. It's possible she made some $$ doing sexual favors and tricks, but I assume LE has run down that road with any DNA they may have collected from the body.

I was browsing the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) page, and I noticed in their visitor policies that visitors today must fill out a form. Perhaps this was not so back in 1980, but let's be real, 1980 wasn't THAT long ago. Additionally, given this was a maximum facility prison housing death row inmates, I'd be surprised if visitors didn't have to get pre-authorization. At the very least, she needed to schedule a time AND produce identification upon arrival...which means she absolutely had to have legal identification.

It's a long shot (and will definitely come with a wait, if it comes at all), but filing a public information request per Texas Code Section 552.201(a) for "any and all visitor logs and visitor requests for November 1, 1980 and November 2, 1980" might be worth a try...

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/documents/policy/ED1512.pdf

Allow me to correct myself:

IF WCJD was under 18, she MAY NOT have had to produce identification per the current TDCJ policies. Accepted forms of identification for minors include school ID cards.

One other possibility that occurred to me is....
What if she wasn't asking for directions on her own behalf. She probably wasn't walking the highway either in heels or barefoot from wherever she came from. I live in Texas and I don't even walk in my own yard barefoot. Perhaps she agreed to go with someone that she knew that wanted to visit someone at the correctional facility. Or maybe she was asked by whomever she was able to get a ride from (trucker, other stranger, whoever), possibly even to divert the authorities in anticipation of their premeditated act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any good information on how many people would do something like this once and then never kill anyone else again?

I used to believe this creep would have been caught after murdering someone else and we just don't know about it. Other cases suggest that these types can kill once and never kill again. Which is great for potential victims but bad for the chances of catching the murderers and bringing them to justice.

It's a long shot (and will definitely come with a wait, if it comes at all), but filing a public information request per Texas Code Section 552.201(a) for "any and all visitor logs and visitor requests for November 1, 1980 and November 2, 1980" might be worth a try...

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/documents/policy/ED1512.pdf

If LE was on the ball they would have checked this out during the initial investigation in 1980.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd