AZ - 9 killed, 2 injured in W Phoenix shootings, April-June 2016 *Arrest*

"The shootings included:

Shots were fired into a home on Aug. 12, 2015; no one was hurt.
Raul Romero, 61, was murdered near his car on Aug. 16, 2015.
Jesse Olivas, 22, was shot dead on the street on Jan. 1, 2016.
A 16-year-old boy was wounded while walking in the street at 11:30 p.m. on March 17, 2016.
A 21-year-old man was shot standing near his car on the street at 11:30 p.m. on March 18, 2016.
Diego Verdugo-Sanchez, 21, was killed April 1, 2016, while visiting his pregnant fiancée's family
Krystal Annette White, 55, was found dead of a gunshot on April 19, 2016.
Horacio Pena, 32, was fatally shot June 3 after returning home from his job at a group home
Manuel Castro Garcia, 19, was murdered outside his home on June 10, 2016.
Stefanie Ellis, 33, her 12-year-old daughter, Maleah, and a friend, Angela Linner, 31, were killed outside their home on June 12, 2016.
An unoccupied car was shot up at 2:35 a.m. on June 12, 2016.
Shots were fired into a car on July 11, 2016; a man and a 4-year-old boy inside escaped unhurt."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspect-aaron-saucedo-arrested-phoenix-serial-shootings-n756621

Bringing this over from a post by YESorNO in Travis' Sidebar thread:

:juanettes: :juanettes:

The Trial Diaries 3 hrs ·
I will be attending some hearings as my schedule permits. I want to cover this case if it goes to trial..#TheTrialDiaries

Jodi Arias prosecutor Juan Martinez could try 'Serial Street Shooter' case

"Juan Martinez, the flamboyant prosecutor who became a national celebrity during the Jodi Arias trials of 2013 and 2015, is listed as the prosecutor of record on the Maricopa County Superior Court calendar for a hearing set Thursday in the "Serial Street Shooter" case.

The Maricopa County Attorney's Office could not immediately confirm whether Martinez will ultimately try the case or if he will present Thursday's argument. But his signature also appeared on the first charging documents filed against the suspect in the shootings.

Police and prosecutors believe that Aaron Saucedo, 23, is the person who terrorized predominantly Latino neighborhoods, seemingly at random, during the first half of 2016. Nine people died, two others were wounded and two more were shot at but escaped unscathed in a series of shootings that police believe are connected..."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...edo/101732866/
---

Timeline: Phoenix 'Serial Street Shooter' case

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ine/313611001/

niner ... neither of those links work

Found a May article

Unsealed documents in "Street Shooter" case note shell casings found in suspect's car
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...t-shooter-court-documents-released/333383001/

Phoenix police had been eyeing Aaron Juan Saucedo as a suspect in the "Serial Street Shooter" investigation for nine months before he was officially tied to the case on May 8, threading together a web of information including witness statements, ballistics evidence and surveillance footage, a previously withheld court record shows.
Fifteen shell casings were found in two vehicles that Saucedo had been driving. Police say they have since linked them to the spree of unsolved murders that have rattled Phoenix for months.

More in article.

Going to try & see "when" his next court hearing is....

Sorry can't find the next court date! Hopefully, someone else will have better luck then me!

I'd like to follow this if Juan is prosecutor!

:juanettes: :juanettes:

A July 6th article:
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...phoenix-serial-street-shooter-case/454957001/

Aaron Juan Saucedo, the 23-year-old man accused of carrying out the "Serial Street Shooter" killings in Phoenix, has entered a not-guilty plea to the charges in Maricopa County Superior Court.
[.....]
Saucedo's latest charges include an additional eight counts of first-degree murder, six counts of drive-by shooting, two counts of attempt to commit first-degree murder, two counts of aggravated assault, endangerment and discharging a firearm at a structure, court records show.
[.....]
Saucedo had previously been charged with one murder involving the death of his mother's boyfriend in 2015.
Permission for camera coverage of Saucedo's latest arraignment was requested by a coalition of Arizona news organizations. Saucedo's attorneys objected.

The defense argued Thursday before the arraignment that the media coverage would cause harm to their client's case. They also argued that the request had not been filed in a timely manner and that an evidentiary hearing must be held.
David Bodney, an attorney for The Arizona Republic and other media outlets, said the defense holds the burden of proof that any potential harm to Saucedo's cause would outweigh the public benefits, as the case is one of "acute public interest."
Commissioner Richard Nothwehr ultimately granted the camera coverage, citing images of Saucedo had already been circulated in the public.
[.....]
Saucedo's next court hearing has been set for Aug. 16.

See you then!

:juanettes:

Isn't Juan in court today?

Anyone know of any live streaming?

TIA! :wave:

Thanks for that Nymeria! I went to that site you posted and it says at the bottom of the page the Court Dates;

9/15/2017 8:15 Initial Pretrial Conference

9/18/2017 8:30 Complex / Capital Case

9/18/2017 8:31 Comprehensive PreTrial Conference

10/16/2017 8:31 Comprehensive PreTrial Conference

I don't see the date Sept. 14th anywhere?? :confused:

Thank you too Niner, did not see all that.

I think they filed the motion to continue on August 14th (If that is why you are asking about Sept. 14)

Here's what I have for September:

Friday, Sept. 15th:
*Initial Pretrial Hearing @ 8:15am PT - AZ - 7 killed from April-June 2016 - Aaron Juan Saucedo (23) ("Serial Street Shooter") accused of 8 counts 1st degree murder, 6 counts drive-by shooting, 2 counts attempt to commit 1st deg. murder, 2 counts aggravated assault, endangerment & discharge of firearm - (Juan Martinez prosecutor) :juanettes: - live coverage/(8:15am PT)/9-18: Complex/Capital Case & Comprehensive Pretrial Conf @ 8:30a/10-16: Comprehensive Pretrial Conf. @ 8:31a.

Monday, Sept. 18th:
*Complex/Capital Case & Comprehensive Pretrial Conf. @ 8:30am PT - AZ - 7 killed from April to June, 2016 - Aaron Juan Saucedo (23) ("Serial Street Shooter") accused of 8 counts 1st degree murder, 6 counts drive-by shooting, 2 counts attempt to commit 1st deg. murder, 2 counts aggravated assault, endangerment & discharge of firearm - (Juan Martinez prosecutor :juanettes: ) - live coverage/(8:30am PT)/10-16: Comprehensive Pretrial Conf. @ 8:31am PT.

Anyone here following this? This is supposed to have live coverage, as far as I have read - but can't find anything! :dunno:

TIA!

Anyone here following this? This is supposed to have live coverage, as far as I have read - but can't find anything! :dunno:

TIA!

I looked today too, could not find anything either.
Watched the Zach Adams trial instead (Holly Bobo). What a circus that one is, the witness' today were like I have never seen before!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back