Found Deceased TX - Leah Martin, 22, Graham, 29 May 2015 *Arrests*

Nothing different in the small town. POI that is out on bond goes in public like nothing ever happened. He has re-opened his business at his house and has a few customers. The Wichita Falls news channel posted a story about it being the one year anniversary and the court will be scheduled for 2017 in Stephens County TX, a short 30 minute drive from Graham.

Bumping for Leah! Has anyone heard anything about an upcoming trial yet or any court documents public?

Just want to say thank you to everyone who is still following Leah's case. We are still waiting, and praying justice comes to all who, knew or participated in her murder.

Is there any new info or updates out yet regarding the upcoming trial? Is there a date set yet? Mods, we will have a trial thread or continue here?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Just checked websites & Facebook pages for the Graham Leader & the Breckinridge American. Also checked the DA's Facebook page (90th Judicial District.)

No indication that the trial date has changed from 9-18 (IIRC.) Of course, that could change if the judge grants a continuance requested be either side.

One thing has changed -- Billy Ray Minkley, Jr. was transferred from the Tarrant County jail to the Young County jail on 9-5.

http://www.co.young.tx.us/default.aspx?Young_County/CountyJail

His Tarrant County capital murder charge for the 2014 triple murder in Fort Worth is still pending

Since he reportedly confessed to all four murders, I am assuming that he will be testifying against Blair and that being the reason for the recent transfer.

Do we have anyone attending the trial that can update us? Will phones and media be allowed? I would like to go a day or two but can't financially stay for the whole trial as I'm a good 4 hours away. Has anyone seen or heard an estimated length of trial? Hmm wonder if ec will testify.

Any locals know of reasonable lodging in the area?

I'm still wondering on what happens to EC now during trial, in custody or no? If found guilty does he go straight to jail?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

http://breckenridgetexan.com/2017/09/20/at-todays-trial-witnesses-testify-minkley-pleads-guilty/

"In what seemed to be an unexpected turn of events for many of those in the Stephens County District Courtroom’s gallery Wednesday, Billy Ray Minkley Jr. of Graham appeared in the court and pleaded guilty to the charge he was facing for the murder of Leah Martin in 2015. His plea was entered during the lunch break in the ongoing trial of Elton Carroll “E.C.” Blair Jr. for the same murder.

Minkley waived his Fifth Amendment rights, his right to a trial and his right to an appeal. In exchange for his guilty plea, he was sentenced to life in prison and a $490 fine. All other fines were waived by the State, but Minkley asked District Judge Stephen Bristow to waive the $490. Bristow said he would consider waiving the fine but that, at this time, it would stand."

More details in link

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

http://breckenridgetexan.com/2017/09/20/at-todays-trial-witnesses-testify-minkley-pleads-guilty/

"In what seemed to be an unexpected turn of events for many of those in the Stephens County District Courtroom’s gallery Wednesday, Billy Ray Minkley Jr. of Graham appeared in the court and pleaded guilty to the charge he was facing for the murder of Leah Martin in 2015. His plea was entered during the lunch break in the ongoing trial of Elton Carroll “E.C.” Blair Jr. for the same murder.

Minkley waived his Fifth Amendment rights, his right to a trial and his right to an appeal. In exchange for his guilty plea, he was sentenced to life in prison and a $490 fine. All other fines were waived by the State, but Minkley asked District Judge Stephen Bristow to waive the $490. Bristow said he would consider waiving the fine but that, at this time, it would stand."

More details in link

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Do follow the link to the full article.

Great reporting. (As I would expect from that byline.)

Heartbreaking.

The E.C. Blair murder trial took a dramatic turn this morning as confessed killer Billy Minkley Jr. took the witness stand and described in detail how he killed Leah Martin on May 29, 2015, at Blair’s auto repair shop in Graham.

He also described his relationship with co-defendants Ross Hellams and Blair, as well as the discussions the three of them had about killing Martin.

More at the link: (difficult to read)
http://breckenridgetexan.com/2017/09/21/minkley-takes-stand-describes-killing-leah-martin/

Full account of yesterday's testimony at the link.

http://breckenridgetexan.com/2017/09/21/minkley-testifies-blair-wanted-leah-martin-killed/

It was revealed in Thursday’s court session that in exchange for the guilty plea and testimony against Blair, Minkley would be offered a plea bargain in another case in which he was indicted for capital murder for killing three people in Fort Worth in 2014.

Tarrant County took the death penalty off the table for the Sunset Lane murders. I'm guessing that case will be fully adjudicated after Minkley testifies against Hellams or Hellams pleads guilty.

Minkley testified that the first time the situation was discussed with Blair, the three were in the shop’s office. “E.C. was talking about Leah ruining his life. Ross was talking about needing to take care of Leah because he was sick and tired of issues at the shop,” Minkley said. “It was clear they wanted me to take care of Leah. (Blair) wanted her dead. Ross wanted her dead.”

I'm angry about Leah's murder, but I know that is only a tiny fraction of the anger and grief felt by her family.

More I could say, but I'm going to hold off until after a verdict and (hopefully) sentencing.

I wish we could see this trial live—I’ve searched and came up empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emmie Moon, girlfriend of confessed killer Billy Minkley Jr., took the witness stand when court resumed Friday afternoon, Sept. 22, in the Elton Carroll “E.C.” Blair Jr. murder trial at the Stephens County courthouse.

Moon testified that Minkley had insisted to her that he was not involved in Martin’s murder, right up until he pleaded guilty this week. During her testimony, Moon frequently broke down in tears when asked questions about situations in which Minkley apparently had lied to her and she had only recently learned the truth.

More:
http://breckenridgetexan.com/2017/09/22/confessed-killers-girlfriend-testifies-in-blair-trial/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back