Zach Adams on trial -kidnapping/murder Holly Bobo 9/20-22, 2017 GUILTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well - they WERE meth-heads - anything is possible! And TOTALLY agree with your second paragraph! LE should have recorded the call from Zach to Corey.... :gaah:

Yes, they were meth heads. And meth heads do some incredibly stupid things. I had a meth head on the road in front of my home trying to drive a car with his head out of the open door, leaning down near the runner. ( I watched him) He eventually crashed into the wall. When questioned why by LE. He said he had done meth and didn't want to crash so he was following the yellow lines in the road but then fell asleep.

According to Corey, he and Zach never spoke. Zach called. Corey didn't answer. I wish he had.

are there any educated guesses out there as to who that call was from? Could it have been Natalie?

I get why they didn't share the "Who"on that 2014 tip that led them to get back on the trail of these 4, since the anonymity may have been important to the caller.

However, I do wish I knew WHAT the info was that turned them back to them.

But a part of me just thinks one day, they got a random call after not looking into it as much since Dicus was removed from the case. And starting fresh with new eyes, new agent, they took a call that maybe wasn't anything out of the ordinary ----it could have even been called in before.

But the reason they looked at it again, whatever the info was, was just due to timing of the call (new agent, new eyes).

So it may not have been an earth-shattering lead. But just another tip for the day which two years later, with a LOT LESS coming in, every call and tip may have received a little more attention.

It's almost like as many people who had possibly called before about any of these 4 people were just ignored, no matter how many tips because Dicus had already said "oh, they were all with each other, thanks for the tip but it's not them" (I'm still literally so angry with him...if I were the family I would need therapy JUST to deal with my anger towards him ----as a whole separate issue than the death of my daughter).

But it was almost year 3 on the case. And a new year of resolutions. A new year of the state having so much pressure on them about this case. A new year of assigning a new agent who was charged with sleepless nights until we find who did this.

I believe there were less tips coming in a couple years later, more follow up on the fewer that came in, fresh eyes, and timing that made this Jan 2014 tip leading them to ZA, JA, DA and SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a live feed to listen to regarding this case during verdict watch?

listening to replay of JA....he sure is scripted....
question is "little jo jo" dead or alive. Sometimes I wonder if Holly was even really in that car.

BBM: Agree ...

JMO ... he tried to come across as a "home boy" to the jury ... but his "story" sounded very rehearsed, IMO.

:moo:

BBM: Agree ...

JMO ... he tried to come across as a "home boy" to the jury ... but his "story" sounded very rehearsed, IMO.

:moo:

In fairness, they all sounded rehearsed. They have all had years to practice their spiel.

[video=twitter;911240976412286976]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/911240976412286976[/video]

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Thank you. This is interesting.

I did not see her testimony in 2011.

A part of me wishes she would have had these questions here too so the jury would hear this and could make it a part of their decision-making.

The fact that she heard Zach say "that was Shayne" is a pretty big deal.

I am very surprised since she did testify last week, that that they didn't go there (the point about talking to Zach).

Dear Ellej,

Thank you.

I apologize for not stating that this information is contained within the video of Karen Bobo's testimony from last week.

Here is the video posted from LawNewz which is the video of Karen Bobo's testimony from last week.

At the time of 4:11:00, Mrs. Bobo begins to speak about her visit with Zach.

The precise time of the LawNewz trial video wherein Karen Bobo states after Clint described the man he saw, Zach replied "that was Shayne". precise time of her statement is: 4:15:54

[video=youtube;31w8b5NrQHs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31w8b5NrQHs[/video]

Again, my apologies for not making it clear that Karen Bobo did state this last week.

I greatly appreciate your posts - they are so insightful and compassionate.

I see many would never vote for the DP. This jury is supposedly death qualified, which means jurors claim they could vote for that penalty. Doesn't mean that they will but there hopefully is no one who lied during their voir dire. Do you think kidnapping raping and murdering an innocent young woman is worthy of the harshest sentence if the defendant is unanimously found guilty? If you're against the DP this is not a valid question for you.

[video=twitter;911242785876983814]https://twitter.com/Ladybugs702/status/911242785876983814[/video]

I just watched and listened to the testimony of Karen Bobo.

Karen Bobo testified that their family had received phone calls from people naming the four charged as possible suspects.

In July 2011, Karen and Clint met with Zach Adams at his home. There were two things that stuck out to her, as Karen testified.

One was that when Zach asked Clint to describe the man he saw that morning, Clint described him. Then Zach replied "that was Shayne."

The second thing that Karen testified to was that Zach made a point of telling her that he could use one person's cell phone and make it look like it was coming from someone else's cell phone.

The first point, to me, is intriguing. My question is - why in the world would Zach state that "it was Shayne". Considering that a majority of turkey hunters wore camo, why would Zach mention Shayne?

This really sticks out to me.

Karen Bobo testified that she spoke with Dicus on a daily basis. She also stated that by August 2011, she (Karen Bobo) had met with all four of the accused.

I find it terribly sad that T.B.I. dropped the ball so early on in the investigation. These names were out there, pings were analyzed and yet as one T.B.I. agent said, they didn't even follow up on the possible suspects' alibis.

To me, this is sad for the Bobo family because this case could have possibly been solved back in 2011. It is apparent to me that Dicus "stalled" this investigation and because of this - caused extra years of heartbreak for the Bobo family.

I find Karen Bobo's testimony to be truthful and I am astonished that she and her family were on the right "track" and yet T.B.I. seemed to have such "tunnel vision" and didn't listen to her.

When Zach said "that was Shayne", to me that was a confession of sorts.

I'm so glad others have a better memory for details than me. :) Being reminded of this, I think it goes a long way toward explaining Dicus' bitter attitude. I think he very much resented Karen Bobo bothering him about these "idiots" while he was busy pursuing his perp of choice. I can totally understand why any decent LE would want Terry Britt in prison for the rest of his life, so I certainly don't fault him for thinking that's the right place for Britt. But, he went about it entirely the wrong way. You go where ever the evidence leads, not look for evidence to fit your theory of the crime.

As the SAC for this case, Dicus' was not only responsible for solving the case, he was also the assigned caretaker of the TBI's dignity, integrity and reputation. I think once his bosses realized that his tunnel vision had damaged not only the case but the bureau, they had no choice but to remove him.

FWIW:
If I'm on that jury I would be voting guilty.
And, yes, I am a man.
And, yes, I am perfectly capable of critical thinking.
And, yes, I would have zero hesitation in sentencing to death.

Here's what I put together - have questions behind some of the times, so if anyone can add to it - it would be very much appreciated! TIA!

BLUE Is the Defense Cell Expert (the "real" one)

April 13, 2011
In case others want to see all in chronological order.

4:54a - 8:18a – Zach – no activity (from 8:17a to 8:25a Holly's phone is moving near Cox Rd @ 641/I40)

6:50a - Jason-- near Camden (GF house) text

6:51a - 8:19a – Jason -- no pings

7:00a - Karen Bobo leaves for work/Holly was sitting at dining room table, also texting back and forth with classmate Hannah
7:30a -- Holly speaks to BF, Drew re hunting on grandmother's property
7:30a - 7:40a - Holly -- home area
7:40a - Neighbor hears a scream (& hears fighting for 45 seconds (per Def "cell" expert)
7:42a - Holly -- last outgoing call (Me: wondering "who" she dialed-maybe not-phone in back pocket, she gets knocked to the ground in carport maybe and butt dials; someone tesified her phone in back pocket)
7:45a - Neighbor's mother calls Karen
7:50a - Clint is awakened by dogs barking/Karen calls Clint
7:53a - 8:09a - Holly's phone connect to towers close to home
7:55a - Karen calls 911 from work

8:00a - Karen calls Clint to call 911 after he tells her what he saw
8:00a - Holly's phone is moving
8:11a - Holly's phone from house and hits Tower 1 then moved (per Def "cell" expert)
8:16a - Holly's phone at Shiloh Rd Tower
8:17a - Holly's - incoming text (phone is not by her house)
8:17a - Holly's phone going north I40 (Shiloh Rd Tower)
8:17a - 8:26a – Holly -- ping off 2 different towers / stays there for 25 minutes (per Def "cell" expert)
8:17a - 8:55a - rape occurred between 8:17am and 8:55am (if Autry is to be believed that Holly was already in back of Zach's truck, wrapped )
8:18a - Zach's phone on 1st activity
8:19a – Zach's phone at Cox Rd @ 641/I40- incoming text From JA
8:19a - 8:53a - Zach's phone utilizing same tower close to his home
8:25a - Holly's phone pings
8:26a - 8:55a - No activity on Holly's phone

8:28a -- Defense witness (Dicas) says ZA phone pings at home (several miles from where Holly's pings)
8:30a – Zach -- outgoing text to JA
8:30a - 8:52a Zach and JA-- texting back & forth
8:35a - Zach's phone at home
8:38a - Holly's phone still at Cox Rd sector
8:52a - Jason's phone SoEast Sect. Cox Rd

8:53a - 8:55a – Zach - phone call from JA-call went to voice mail--Zach called JA back –Zach’s phone near Yellow Springs & Adams house (Holly's pinged twice just after 9 near where Adams' phone pings - by Yellow Springs near Cox Rd)
8:55a – Jason phone - Autry, Adams & Holly's all shown in same area (same tower) - (at Shayne's where Jason sees Holly's body wrapped in back of Zach's truck)
8:55a - Jason - soeast area (same as Holly's @ 8:57-9)

~8:19a - 9:12a -- Zach's phone close to home-in same general area of where Holly's phone pings)
8:57a - Holly's phone near Natchez Trace
8:57a - 9:00a -- Holly's phone pings Yellow Springs area (2nd ping)

9:01a - vm to Holly's phone
9:01a - Zach's phone moving

9:02a - 9:06a – Holly's phone - East of Shiloh Rd @ Cox & I40/641 (3rd tower pinged) Same tower as Zach's house
9:06a - Zach's phone in different sector
9:10a - vm to Holly's phone

9:10a – Holly - Sugar Tree near Tennessee River (Me: possibly Shayne leaves to dump her phone)
9:10a - Zach's phone is active - and it overlays with Holly's phone
9:10a - 10:43a --Zach - texts between ZA & Shayne Austin/Zach @ Birdsong area
9:12a – Zach's phone pings Yellow Springs area (Holly's 2nd ping in same area) Holly's phone is activated - NoWest sector of Parsons)
9:23a - Shayne's phone first activity
9:25a – Holly - pings near home - final ping - sim & phone found in this area.
9:40a - Holly's phone stops pinging/probably dead battery
9:42a - Jason's phone - NoEast Sect. Birdsong
9:42a - 10:37a – Jason phone -- pings near Tenn River near Birdsong Rd exit (Zach & Jason at Birdsong with Holly's body)
9:47a - 10:53a - Shayne's phone at home
9:50a – Zach - pings near Tennessee River activity

10:01a - 10:32a - Zach continually texting Shayne has same activity
10:32a - text to GF sorry I did not catch who ZA or JA
10:35a - Zach's phone uses the other side of tower near Birdsong Rd exit voice call
10:35a - Jason's phone uses the other side of tower near Birdsong Rd exit
10:36a - Zach's phone call & text
10:37a - Zach's phone call & text

10:38a - Zach's phone moving away from tower & going back home-Cox Rd sector
10:39a – Jason - phone is moving away from tower at Birdsong Rd exit (again pings near Cox Rd. (leaves Tenn river area)
10:55a - ZA, SA & JA @ SoWest Sector of Cox Rd (Shayne's house)-activity shows they are all together

11a - 12p – Zach - in Parsons (video store w/GF)
11:01a - Shayne's in SoEast Sector of Cox Rd - moving
11:04a -- CCTV at AmFarm shows TBI SUV traveling to Parsons
11:05a -- CCTV at AmFarm shows TBI SUV traveling to Parsons
11:07a -- CCT at AmFarm shows ZA's Pickup traveling to Parsons
11:15a - 12:15p -- All in Parsons (ZA, SA & maybe DA)-activity shows all together

12:20p - Zach leaves Parsons
12:35p - Zach & Shayne at SA's home

~2:30p - 3:30p - All (Zach, Jason & Shayne) at Dottie's house where Dinsmore is working - (per house cleaner testimony)

9:47p -- First 911 call by Dick Adams (ZA's GrF) - ZA is causing a problem
9:49p - Second 911 call by DA - Didn't want officers to come over
9:51p - Third 911 call by DA - ZA is back & causing problem; was raising hell, wanted guns & keys to his/Dylan's truck. More frantic call - sounds exasperated (JMO)

If someone wrote down more times after that - please let me know and I can add. If you see a mistake in the blue parts, let me know too, I was taking quick notes! :)

I have never seen a weaker case than this put on by the state and I am shocked this even made it to trial.
NOT GUILTY would be my verdict if I was a juror.
The only way I see guilty coming in is if all 12 jurors are basing their judgement on pure emotion with no logic or reasoning behind it.
I watched every single second of this trial, took notes, and even transcribed at times. Rewatched various testimonies. There are a ton of holes and contradictions. The timelines don't match up or correlate in driving times that the state is trying to allege. They didn't outline this for they jury because it wouldn't work. Just as their cell data was vanilla in it's presentation, as it doesn't work. Their theory continued to evolve through the trial. I have much to share in my observations but I have literally let my house go to wreck to watch the trial.

I will comment more later with

:seeya:

1st BBM: Agree ... The State's case was an extreme disappointment.

One of the reasons this case took so long to get to Trial was because the State said they had 4 Terabytes of data and 600 witnesses ... I totally understand the State does NOT need 4 Terabytes of data or 600 witnesses to obtain a conviction ...

And THIS is what they come up with ?

There were too many loose ends ... too many contradictions by witnesses ... evidence that was admitted yet not related to Holly's case ...

2nd BBM: Totally agree ... IF they agree to Guilty on all 8 counts, then it was based on emotion, presentation by attorneys ...

3rd BBM: I hope you share thoughts on this case ...

Now ... just think how boring it would be here at WS if we all agreed :wink:

:seeya: and :moo:

Dear Ellej,

Thank you.

I apologize for not stating that this information is contained within the video of Karen Bobo's testimony from last week.

Here is the video posted from LawNewz which is the video of Karen Bobo's testimony from last week.

At the time of 4:11:00, Mrs. Bobo begins to speak about her visit with Zach.

The precise time of the LawNewz trial video wherein Karen Bobo states after Clint described the man he saw, Zach replied "that was Shayne". precise time of her statement is: 4:15:54

Again, my apologies for not making it clear that Karen Bobo did state this last week.

I greatly appreciate your posts - they are so insightful and compassionate.

Ah very interesting. I did not remember Karen saying this about Shayne. Probably because at the time I thought of it as one of many theories and not zero-ing in on it like I did later (Candace - Coon Hunt stuff). It's so good to go back and watch first testimonies with all we know now.

Good call on bringing up this point again! I think this is just more corroborating evidence!

Thank you for your words!

I'm so glad others have a better memory for details than me. :) Being reminded of this, I think it goes a long way toward explaining Dicus' bitter attitude. I think he very much resented Karen Bobo bothering him about these "idiots" while he was busy pursuing his perp of choice. I can totally understand why any decent LE would want Terry Britt in prison for the rest of his life, so I certainly don't fault him for thinking that's the right place for Britt. But, he went about it entirely the wrong way. You go where ever the evidence leads, not look for evidence to fit your theory of the crime.

As the SAC for this case, Dicus' was not only responsible for solving the case, he was also the assigned caretaker of the TBI's dignity, integrity and reputation. I think once his bosses realized that his tunnel vision had damaged not only the case but the bureau, they had no choice but to remove him.

Dear Maskedwoman,

I certainly agree about Dicus.

When I first heard of Karen Bobo stating that she had met with Zac Adams in July of 2011 and he made the statement, "that was Shayne", I felt it was a confession of sorts by Zach. How on earth would he know that a man dressed in camo was Shayne? Given that turkey hunters in that area wore camo - his statement was astonishing to me.

I searched and searched for Karen Bobo's statement of this and had a difficult time finding it.

Finally I replayed the video of Karen Bobo's testimony from last week and found it. It is at the precise time of this LawNewz video of the trial at: 4:15:54

Perhaps it is just me but I find this statement to be incriminating and extremely important to this case.

Thank you for your insightful and caring posts. I've learned so much from your posts.

Niner, thank you so much for your work! I've been quietly following along here and on livestream albeit while trying to also work. The timeline and phone ping details are such good reference!

If there is a tape, and IF it's is in evidence, I'll be pissed it wasn't used in the trial.

If there is a tape, and IF it's is in evidence, I'll be pissed it wasn't used in the trial.

Agree. There is most likely a ton of evidence ruled inadmissible secondary to TBI's bungling of the investigation. If ZA is guilty and walks, it is solely the fault of TBI. I'm a huge LE fan but it was appalling to hear how TBI handled Holly's case.

ITA!

Agree. There is most likely a ton of evidence ruled inadmissible secondary to TBI's bungling of the investigation. If ZA is guilty and walks, it is solely the fault of TBI. I'm a huge LE fan but it was appalling to hear how TBI handled Holly's case.
I also, agree.

Think we will have a verdict today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads