NM NM - Albuquerque, WhtFem 25-35, UP2926, blonde, in motel room, Jun'91

I was just curious about the picture of the couple on the Doe page.
Was it ever confirmed that:
The man in the picture is George Martinez and the woman is the Jane Doe?
I believe the man in the picture is indeed George Martinez. someone on Reddit found a mugshot from 1998 of a man named Jorge Martinez and to me that man and the guy from JD's picture look identical. I mean what are the odds that two men from New Mexico named George/Jorge Martinez look pretty much identical?

Link: http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/New-Mexico/Santa-Fe-County-NM/Jorge-Martinez.4794211.html

How about Debra Frost http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/frost_debra.html, missing from Salt Lake City since 1984, 17 yrs at the time. She was a little shorter (she could have grown an inch and a half more at that age). What is interesting about her case is that after her disappearance she had contact with police in Rock Springs, WY and at the time of her disappearance she lived with her boyfriend Fred Martinez who also seems to resemble the guy in the photo. He committed suicide in 1995. He had a brother in Albuquerque https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=2313362
Many photos of both in this news story https://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=18920275
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Debra_Frost_ABQ_Doe.jpg
    Debra_Frost_ABQ_Doe.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Fred_Martinez_ABQ_Doe.jpg
    Fred_Martinez_ABQ_Doe.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 132
I think Jane doe had natural curly cherry blonde hair. I had a friend like that, tall with the reddish blonde curls and she strikes me as that look. The pix here of Debra Frost resemble, but the ones in the article do not look like Jane Doe to me. Can anyone do a side by side of Jane doe and the guy with the mug of Jorge Martinez? Jorge Martinez is a terribly common name and his look is pretty common too, idk how to post pix but would like to look at them next to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember reading that too. I just think it's very weird that he signed into the motel room and a woman was found dead in that room a few days later and he claimed he knew nothing about that at all. I don't believe his statement. And I'm not 100% convinced that Jane Doe commited suicide.

I also don't believe that he didn't know who she was. But she was dead bolted in there when they found her.

Also to add Fred Martinez looks more NA than the guy in the pic, although it still could be Debra frost and a different man.

If Debra Frost hasn't been turned in already, she should be.
DNA for the up shows Samples submitted - Tests not complete
Both have dental records that could be compared.

I'll go ahead and submit Debra Frost -good catch that with the Doe's DNA not complete they could be compared by dentals but would not yet have been automatically compared.

Oh Hey, that was me! :) I wish more had come of it.
Great find, dr.strangelove! Yes, I wish more had come of it too. Are we 100% sure that the detective looked into that suggestion? Even if George doesn't know why JD killed herself (although I'm still not really convinced she commited suicide), he must know her name. They took a picture together and she kept it so he was obviously important to her. 26 years without a name, let's bring this girl home.

I think Jane doe had natural curly cherry blonde hair. I had a friend like that, tall with the reddish blonde curls and she strikes me as that look. The pix here of Debra Frost resemble, but the ones in the article do not look like Jane Doe to me. Can anyone do a side by side of Jane doe and the guy with the mug of Jorge Martinez? Jorge Martinez is a terribly common name and his look is pretty common too, idk how to post pix but would like to look at them next to each other.

Here's that side by side. I agree, the guy in the photo looks a lot like this Jorge Martinez (I still can't believe what an amazing find Dr. Strangelove made here).
attachment.php

I've been looking more into Jorge in here https://caselookup.nmcourts.gov/caselookup/ The year of birth is listed with most cases so I could narrow it down to which ones are this Jorge. He has one with others named in it but they're way after the Doe was found. Eduardo Colin is also in there with a co-defendant and it's a 90's case. This is someone who also may know who this woman is.

I also tend to think that the Doe is Hispanic. I'm sure many many people will disagree with me but from my experiences spray deodorant is more popular amongst Latinas. I had never even seen it until college but in the dorms there were a few women using it and they were all Latinas. Perhaps it was also more popular in the early 90's but that's just my experience with it.

Attachments

• ABQ_Doe_Jorge_Martinez.jpg
    ABQ_Doe_Jorge_Martinez.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 169
Great find, dr.strangelove! Yes, I wish more had come of it too. Are we 100% sure that the detective looked into that suggestion? Even if George doesn't know why JD killed herself (although I'm still not really convinced she commited suicide), he must know her name. They took a picture together and she kept it so he was obviously important to her. 26 years without a name, let's bring this girl home.
Yes i remember the detective seemed receptive to the suggestion and was very open to suggestions. I was under the impression it was looked into but i could be wrong

lol I used secret spray around that time frame. it is entirely possible she is Latina. I know quite a few Latinos w red hair.

Here's that side by side. I agree, the guy in the photo looks a lot like this Jorge Martinez (I still can't believe what an amazing find Dr. Strangelove made here).
attachment.php

I've been looking more into Jorge in here https://caselookup.nmcourts.gov/caselookup/ The year of birth is listed with most cases so I could narrow it down to which ones are this Jorge. He has one with others named in it but they're way after the Doe was found. Eduardo Colin is also in there with a co-defendant and it's a 90's case. This is someone who also may know who this woman is.

I also tend to think that the Doe is Hispanic. I'm sure many many people will disagree with me but from my experiences spray deodorant is more popular amongst Latinas. I had never even seen it until college but in the dorms there were a few women using it and they were all Latinas. Perhaps it was also more popular in the early 90's but that's just my experience with it.

How about Melinda Creech as a potential match? http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/creech_melinda.html
attachment.php
She went missing juvenile detention facility in Indiana in 1979. She would have been 25 when the UID was found. She is listed in some places as Hispanic and in others as White so I am guessing she may be biracial. Her eyes are listed as blue but appear grayish in photos. What I keep looking at for the UID as possibly the most distinctive feature is her wide set eyes and fairly straight eyebrows. While they do appear to be groomed to that shape they also appear to naturally not have much of an arch which is kind of unusual. I sort of see that feature in Melinda. The timeline and distance aren't great here though.

Attachments

• ABQ_Jane_Doe_Melinda_Creech.jpg
    ABQ_Jane_Doe_Melinda_Creech.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 149
she does look a little similar. couldn't hurt to call it in?

How about Melinda Creech as a potential match? http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/creech_melinda.html
attachment.php
She went missing juvenile detention facility in Indiana in 1979. She would have been 25 when the UID was found. She is listed in some places as Hispanic and in others as White so I am guessing she may be biracial. Her eyes are listed as blue but appear grayish in photos. What I keep looking at for the UID as possibly the most distinctive feature is her wide set eyes and fairly straight eyebrows. While they do appear to be groomed to that shape they also appear to naturally not have much of an arch which is kind of unusual. I sort of see that feature in Melinda. The timeline and distance aren't great here though.

Has Joyce Brewer ever been mentioned? I know that due to the date of her disappearance as well as her burn scars it's a total long shot that she's AJD but I think she has the best overall resemblance I've seen and the height/weight matches. She has that pale pale skin that Jane Doe has.

Her eyes are blue but I know that AJD's eyes have also been mentioned as gray.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1465dftx.html

Does anyone know if this Jane Doe's DNA profile completed prior to NamUs removing that info? Last update I found om tins thread on this subject stated it was still pending, that was in 2015.
If no one knows, do we just assume it should have completed by now and is available?

ETA: I answered my own question in a post dated 2017 o_O
At that time it was still submitted, not complete. Wow.

She has 13 ruleouts now:

MP4528 Elaine Allenbach 03/01/1986 King WA
MP3253 Diana Braungardt 03/11/1987 Jefferson MO
MP8368 Margaret Chauncy 10/20/1987 Bowie TX
MP5308 Melinda Creech 09/05/1979 Madison IN
MP25578 Jennifer DeLap 01/16/1991 Clackamas OR
MP7870 Rebecca Dunn 05/10/1979 Clark NV
MP14129 Kase Lee 08/28/1982 King WA
MP658 Ann Riffin 09/13/1982 Mora NM
MP974 Patricia Schmidt 06/04/1985 Henrico VA
MP2413 Tiffany Sessions 02/09/1989 Alachua FL
MP6661 Amanda Slaughter 04/28/1991 Orange TX
MP6787 Darci Warde 04/24/1990 King WA

Unidentified Person Case

re: DNA, most likely the DNA is available but they never got around to updating the field.

I hope that's the case with the DNA, Carbuff
Thanks for the updated list, I forgot my NamUs password at home so don't have access to the rule outs

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back